• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf in 2.6

AbstractLogic

Smash Journeyman
I've been messing with wolf in 2.6 and can't seem to find any significant changes. It seems like the Side-B hitbox is a bit more liberal but it could be placebo. Has anyone found anything so far that differs from 2.5b?

Rat

Smash Lord
2.6 Wolf's almost identical to his 2.5b self.

Off the top of my head, DashA has 1 more frame before you can interrupt. There's a few more things but they're also very minor.

When changelist comes out you can see the specifics.

Rat

Smash Lord
naw I mean the IASA frames at the end of the move. (IASA = interrupt as soon as)

So that means it's 1 additional frame of recovery.

His Dacus is the same.

Bryonato

Green Hat
oh i misread what you said. I thought it said "dash has 1 more frame before you can interrupt" not dashA

Minor Pandemic

Smash Apprentice
Was the timing for air dodging out of Blaster changed at all? For some reason I'm suddenly struggling to waveland from my SHLs.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
bair so sexy <3

oh and check out his edge cancels with full shortens now they're pretty tight

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
oh my god flashwalks have a sweetspot hitbox now

cool

i may have overlooked it in 2.5b but the flash mechanics def feel different this time around

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Adding him to my roster for sure, love the bat

i'll be on skype more i promise.... starting tomorrow :upsidedown:

AbstractLogic

Smash Journeyman
oh wow, It sounds like Wolf cheer had howls added to it. Has that always been there?? Oh and the flashwalks may have some utility behind them, you can use them as a stylish way to try to flash someone returning to stage on Yoshi's Island and then slide back to the ledge to eliminate the risk of whiffing it.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
It was always in, since Brawl
unfortunately (I hate all the cheers)

other change, shine has no invincibility frame anymore. It can be beat out on the ground by strong attack, trade in the air and get grab armored through. This applies to the other two spacies as well tho, so its not Wolf being singled out.

yahyakun

Smash Cadet
they should have changed Fair, make it kill anywhere or smthg else. u cant kill with it if u are too close -_-

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
use the claws

it has a sweetspot for a reason you know

Scythe

Smash Master
the non sweetspot is nice for combos, i hope they dont mess with fair.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Did Nair get buffed? Because I really enjoy using it (although I know many wolf players dont).

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I was under the opinion that most people on the wolf boards thought nair was bad. I saw it mentioned all the time as having no use. I haven't checked here in a month or so but is that not the prevailing opinion?

Scythe

Smash Master
maybe you were reading some scrubs saying it doesn't move people enough or something lol

Bryonato

Green Hat
As far as I see it Nair is a great combo starter/extender as it leads directly into Shine and into Dsmash at higher percents. I love that move.

Rat

Smash Lord
also against fat characters with bad shields it shield pokes quite well.

Against characters with bad OoS options (Link, TL) you can just kinda wreck their shield with Nair.

It's not perfect or nothing, but it's pretty good.

Edit:
Dunno if you'all noticed yet but Wolf's BAir was changed. He doesn't spin around before he kicks - making it a few frames faster.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
It was always in, since Brawl
unfortunately (I hate all the cheers)

other change, shine has no invincibility frame anymore. It can be beat out on the ground by strong attack, trade in the air and get grab armored through. This applies to the other two spacies as well tho, so its not Wolf being singled out.

Can a pmbr member confirm this, because this is actually a pretty big deal.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
From what I've played, I don't see any significant changes nor do I see any minor ones. This is a good thing, since I think Wolf is fine as is.

As far as I see it Nair is a great combo starter/extender as it leads directly into Shine and into Dsmash at higher percents. I love that move.
Agreed. Nair is typically a good way to start a combo (generally into his shine, f-tilt, or d-air) or build up damage . It's a huge improvement from his awful one in Brawl.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Anyone spamming Side-B, Dash Dancing, and Shine-Grabs enough?
I heard stories that it was good stuff in 2.1, so I would assume it's still good in 2.6.
Just sannnneeee...

Top Bottom