• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf counters?

sly1080

Smash Rookie
what would be some good Wolf counters? because i recently got owned as Olimar at a tournament by a spammy Wolf and i dont know what to do!

help is appreciated, thanks ^_^

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Anyone who could pressure him into performing a recovery at a wrong time should do it.

sly1080

Smash Rookie
i probably would, but i was thinking more along the lines of a counter pick character, because as of now i don't have a second main (my Link got nerfed T_T) ill probably post on the Olimar forum though if i cant get help here

Twilightwolf

Smash Cadet
To tell you the truth, I think this is okay here.

Wolf has a hard time recovering and has shorter range than several characters. I would think that Marth and a spaced Ike could get in. (Though Ike is about the same level as Wolf, prediction is key). Link and Toon Link can throw a projectile at Wolf and attack while his reflector is up.

However, it is better to be excellent with a weaker character (match up wise) than to be unfamiliar with another.

Hostility

Smash Ace
Ike is DEFINETLY not a counter for wolf. Wolf can tear up ike if there is even one little opening. Marth and wolf seem about even, considering that both of them can tear the other up if one of them messes up or leaves an opening.

Honestly I don't think there is a character that has a clear advantage over wolf right now, it's just too early to tell.

Drack

Smash Apprentice
Ike gets owned by blaster. He can't side-B approach or turnaround bair you if you're blaster spamming. Campy Wolf beats Ike.

Campy Wolf destroys Samus as well.

One of the few characters capable of punishing Wolf's mistakes is Meta Knight. I lost pretty badly to a MK player at a tournament, inspiring me to pick up the character, and he seems to be able to do quite well against Wolf. It's all about mindgames when you have 2 very quick characters.

Wolf dittos are actually pretty scary. The matches go by really fast.

Olimar vs Wolf is a pretty dumb matchup. Wolf can power through Olimar's pikmin smashes with a lot of his attacks, or clash killing the pikmin, and edgehog. Olimar has a lot of reach but a smart Wolf will attack diagonally or use his attacks that power through/clash.

I'm pretty even with a local Marth main and a local Toon Link. I don't see any clear advantages or disadvantages for either character vs Wolf.

Pit is a very annoying matchup. He's even better at spamming than Wolf himself, trades attacks pretty evenly with a Wolf, and refuses to die with amazing recovery. I haven't lost to Pits much but they've not been easy to beat either.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Knowing your weaknesses means you know what to do to patch them or at least avoid the situation that exploits then. :3

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
im no professional (yet) or anything... but my hardest match up is Kirby/wario/jiggly (basically any character that can float in and out) everybody else... WOLF STR8 UP OWNS

Top Bottom