• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Counters Olimar

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
thank god someone does, now if only we could counter ROB

basically yeah, i dont feel like goin into details now but for non wolf players it worth it to learn him maybe just for this, im not aware of any other olimar counters

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I don't play Wolf, or have any trouble beating Olimar with my main. :p

Check out the Olimar boards. He has some other completely random counters, according to the people there.

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
Supposeduly all space animals counter Olimar, though i'm not sure why. Nothing more annoying then being grabbed mid fsmash. I guess wolf's laser is good cause it pulls pikmin off you at same time.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
It is, and the reflector is very good against pikmin spammers. You can force olimar to attack without them, which is really nice.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
Wolf counters most people in my experience.

The exception being Zelda and Snake.
hahaha u must have a ton of exp, especially vs pit and falco.. and rob... and TL... and marth... and diddy kong.. and game&watch.. and pikachu.. and probly some others

oh and btw the main reason wolf ***** olimar is laser / fsmash, it's range is about the same as pikmin throw + goes right through em killin em and hitting olimar, he moves well enough to keep olimar close, his ground dodge > olimar downsmash, his bair > olimars recovery and his deflector > olimar

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
It is, and the reflector is very good against pikmin spammers. You can force olimar to attack without them, which is really nice.
No decent Olimar player will attack you without Pikmen. Additionally, pulling more Pikmen can be completed in seconds.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
lol, i'm a wolf mainer and one of my best friends is an olimar mainer, and we're both compatible non-ignorant players (7 years melee experience, went to tournaments and stuff).

wolf definitely does not counter olimar. if olimar keeps his distance, he's just as effective against wolf as he is against other players.

also, his yellow pikmin go through the laser, and after you hit with the laser, if you try to move into a fsmash you'll get grabbed no doubt, and possibly even fsmashed by olimar.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
lol, i'm a wolf mainer and one of my best friends is an olimar mainer, and we're both compatible non-ignorant players (7 years melee experience, went to tournaments and stuff).

wolf definitely does not counter olimar. if olimar keeps his distance, he's just as effective against wolf as he is against other players.

also, his yellow pikmin go through the laser, and after you hit with the laser, if you try to move into a fsmash you'll get grabbed no doubt, and possibly even fsmashed by olimar.
+ur an idiot, if your friend was playin jigglypuff you'd say wolf doesn't counter jigglypuff just cause yall are to familiar with each others playstyles you can counter each other (at a mental base, not character base) simply because of how well you know each other, at your firstbrawl tourney when you fight an olimar that aint your friend olimar's sh*t is gonna get rocked, and when your friend fights a wolf that aint you, your friends sh*t is gonna get rocked to

Bocks

Smash Apprentice

oh yeah watch a yellow pikmin go through a SH fair (actually dont because it doesnt) wolfs Sh aerials > olimars pikmin, wolfs laser > olimars pikmin (with the exception of one GET OVER IT), wolfs fsmash > olimars pikmin, wolfs Bair > Olimars recovery > Wolfs dsmash works after grounddodging olimars dsmash without olimar having time to shield, probly more reasons but i dont feel like thinking right now, mainly its all about the sh Fair tho

teekay

Smash Journeyman
No decent Olimar player will attack you without Pikmen. Additionally, pulling more Pikmen can be completed in seconds.
sorry, that was worded badly. I didn't mean he wouldn't have any pikmin, I mean that he can't stay back and spam them if you just reflect them all day long. You can force him to come in close that way and that's where Wolf has an advantage.

Fat Otaku

Smash Apprentice

If you are speaking about Din's Fire. Wolf simply needs to pull out his deflector. He can just keep it on and cancel all Din's Fire and wait for Zelda to come at him. THEN he has her at a disadvantage.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
The problem with playing a good zelda with wolf isn't (or shouldn't be) din's fire spam. It's that almost all of her attacks outprioritizes yours.

Her neutral a laughs at your attempts to have any sort of a ground game. Just think about that for a little bit.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
+ur an idiot, if your friend was playin jigglypuff you'd say wolf doesn't counter jigglypuff just cause yall are to familiar with each others playstyles you can counter each other (at a mental base, not character base) simply because of how well you know each other, at your firstbrawl tourney when you fight an olimar that aint your friend olimar's sh*t is gonna get rocked, and when your friend fights a wolf that aint you, your friends sh*t is gonna get rocked to
Ease up. I'm not going to tolerate that kind of belligerent and uncalled for flaming. Don't insult the other person simply because they see a different side to an argument than you do. His opinion is just as valid as yours and your reasons hardly unsupported.

oh yeah watch a yellow pikmin go through a SH fair (actually dont because it doesnt) wolfs Sh aerials > olimars pikmin, wolfs laser > olimars pikmin (with the exception of one GET OVER IT), wolfs fsmash > olimars pikmin, wolfs Bair > Olimars recovery > Wolfs dsmash works after grounddodging olimars dsmash without olimar having time to shield, probly more reasons but i dont feel like thinking right now, mainly its all about the sh Fair tho
Don't double post if at all possible. You could have easily edited your last post. The edit button is there for a reason. Also, just saying "such and such is better than such and such" without providing a reason doesn't do much, now does it?

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
srry for callin him an idiot, bet he took it to <3 cuz online = serious mode

Fat Otaku

Smash Apprentice
I really think Bocks is correct on his compare and contrast of Olimar and Wolf. From what I have seen here, on GFAQS, and Shoryuken; Olimar is at the disadvantage. I have played against alot of Pikmin players, and talked with alot of them. And they agree that they have trouble against Wolf and the rest of the space furrys. But most trouble with Wolf.

§witch

Smash Lord

Snake, are you kidding me wolf shouldn't have a problem with snake. Most of his attacks(ALL attacks with range) are projectiles. So just shine them. His airs are good so stay calm. Keep him on the ground ang just short hop all your airs.

§witch

Smash Lord

Snake, are you kidding me? Wolf shouldn't have a problem with snake. Most of his attacks(ALL attacks with range) are projectiles. So just shine them. His airs are good so stay calm. Keep him on the ground and just short hop all your airs.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
No, we don't play against each other specifically enough for us to have developed an accustomed way of playing for each other's characters. We play with like 10 - 20 different people, most being competent brawl players. So stfu if you don't know who I am or what I do.

Quit assuming.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
Snake, are you kidding me? Wolf shouldn't have a problem with snake. Most of his attacks(ALL attacks with range) are projectiles. So just shine them. His airs are good so stay calm. Keep him on the ground and just short hop all your airs.
He can simply drop his missiles in front of you and catch you with the explosion. If he lays mines down properly it's hard to just camp and reflect. It's really not that simple.

KoopaKiD

Smash Cadet
Wolf gets MERKED by Snake. Try all you want, shine, laser spam, laser camp, etc. Snake is just better with projectiles. Aerials do nothing because they are a simple midair dodge/shield grab etc.. Fsmash gets blocked and then Wolf gets decimated by Snake's neutral A's, plus for some reason, nothing short of a decently charged Dsmash will K.O that sucker if he's under 160. It's ANNOYING. Have to actually switch to my Bowser to beat a GOOD Snake.

AsuraWeapon

Smash Cadet
Wolf is the only character that within my abilities (of 6+ years of nearly everyday Melee) has been able to reasonably counter Olimar or G&W... if i play as Zamus or Ike, I have to play spot on and never fault if I want to stand a chance...

Top Bottom