• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wobbling and blizzard help

OmegaXangel

Smash Journeyman
Hey, new to the IC forum, and the search function didn't get exactly what I wanted, so I guess I have to take up some room. Sorry guys, but help me out here. I can desync a bit, wavedash like a crazy rapist, chaingrab, and all the other commons, but these, I can't get too well. Hopefully, this ups my game.

Anyway, the Qs.

I can't get a constant wobble going. It always stops at one point. Is there a way or timing of doing it so that they can't come out at all?

Also, the blizzard edge guard with Nana to solo Popo desync. How is this done? I can't get this at all.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I recommend that we try and keep threads about the infinite to a minimum. It becomes hard to keep track of them :) If you have a question that can be quickly answered, just shoot somebody a PM or something. I'm always happy to answer questions, and there are other IC's here who have lots of experience and knowledge.

But, to answer the question...

If it's not lasting for a long time, then you're either tilting too late or too early--it should be at the most medium distance between headbutts as possible.

I use the Nana blizzard edgeguard mostly so that I keep Nana from wavedashing off the stage with me. Since she has delay, as well as a random tendency to plummet to her death, I like to keep her on the stage where she's more safe. To do this, I just spot dodge, then as the dodge is coming to an end I hold down+b. She will blizzard, then I wavedash and grab the edge.

I hope this helps.

OmegaXangel

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'll try not to ask such overused questions from next time.

I see, so the headbutt and the d/f(I use down) tilt should be pretty spaced out, making the pattern really smooth. Then it becomes a real infinite, right?

From the spot dodge, do I instantly do a blizzard right after the dodge is finished with Popo? And is this the same if I want to have Popo still on the stage(for the solo f smash while the opponent is stuck in the blizzard) where I can sort of wait?

I guess I should just go for the practice tomorrow. Argh, no smash right now. ;_;

OmegaXangel

Smash Journeyman
Alright, got the blizzard desync edge guard down pretty good.

Btw, the video has him doing things, not really the way of doing it, or anything suggesting it.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Did you watch the right vid? Look for Double Vision and Avalanche, those are actually extremely easy to follow tutorials for new ICs. <3 Neal

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Is there a video showing the controller while someone wobbles? I don't know what the timing for it is. I've done it a couple times on lvl 1 CPUs but humans always break out, sometimes before nana even catches up to me.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Yeah that's the difficult part, getting or forcing your opponent into a situation where you have Nana easily accessible to use the Wobbles. I'll put up a video of my hands for the exact timing if you want me too... and if I'm not too lazy.

Smash Master
I second that, please do that video thing. I will be eternally grateful, or at least appreciative for a few weeks.

mark.

Smash Journeyman
^ yes, a vid of your controller (hands) would be amazing.

i use a shoorthop for an edgehog.
wobbling, i still cant get it down but i think its an even rythm between the headbutts and tilts. i might be wrong, so lets just wait vor a vid :D

Top Bottom