• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wizard Foot's New Property (v+B) - Discovery (not sure if new)

Farce Prophet

Smash Rookie
Hello all,

I've been lurking here since even before my join date. I've noticed lately, since Brawl is out, many people are trying to take credit for their findings. I'm not one of those people. This needs a name (even if it's been found).

This is exclusive to Ganondorf . When you do a SH + Down B in quick succession you get the end animation for his Wizard Foot - which is a puff of smoke while he recovers. The thing about this is that it retains the knockback you'd get when you do an ariel Wizard Foot (on landing) which deals ~8% dmg and sends the character about a head above ganon.

I did some tests on it quickly before posting it. It can be Air Dodged out of, but if it isn't the opponent freefalls til he hits the ground w/o having the ability to retaliate. Furthermore, This comes out ~ as fast as his Jab and hits in short range in front and in back of him. It does have some lag after finishing, but enough to snap out and try to combo out of it.

This proves to be useful if the opponent is right behind you, or after -> B.

Test this finding out and Find a great use for it! I'm not a Ganondorf Main, but this has potential for mindgames + strategies.

SHWF - Short Hop Wizard Foot (potential name?)

Sorry I have no videos, someone display this if you can.

Edit: First Strikethrough: able to be jumped out of at higher percentages.
Second Strikethrough: Doesn't properly describe it, if was a short hop it wouldn't come out instantly. New name needed!

Hey Renth, wasn't sure or not - just messing around and found it last night. I mean :p look at subject. I never saw it posted in the area, made sure it waasn't before i posted.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Wow, cool! I actually went in and put my jump on Z to make the timing simpler (I do running grabs with shield+A so my Z wasn't being used anyway). After a minute of practice like that I can bust it out whenever I want. SHWF out of shield seems to work pretty well. It's at least as fast as the jab, PLUS it pops them into the air instead of forward. Not necessarily comboable (grrrr stupid nonexistent hitstun) but it at least gives you the OPPORTUNITY to combo. In any case it's also just a great way to punish someone who lands behind you.

Farce Prophet

Smash Rookie
After testing with some guy online (woot online?) they can actually jump out of it when given enough height (higher %'s) but it does add to his mind games :)

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
After testing with some guy online (woot online?) they can actually jump out of it when given enough height (higher %'s) but it does add to his mind games :)
You mean after they've been hit and they're in the air? Yeah, that tends to happen with Brawl, moves just don't have the hitstun for setups like this to be very successful. Still, it doesn't hurt to pop them up above you. That's definitely the place where you want your opponent to be when you're Ganon.

Farce Prophet

Smash Rookie
You mean after they've been hit and they're in the air? Yeah, that tends to happen with Brawl, moves just don't have the hitstun for setups like this to be very successful. Still, it doesn't hurt to pop them up above you. That's definitely the place where you want your opponent to be when you're Ganon.
Yeah =/, you're right though - definately doesn't subtract. At lower %'s a jab seems garunteed. Don't wanna say IS, cuz i could be wrong. Sure is fun to play with though. Looks like Wario isn't the only one with a fart :p.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
New thought- follow up >B with SHWF? Seems like it might work well on those characters where a jab won't work...

Renth

Smash Hero
Already discovered by me =)

I do it out of shield whenever i'm being pressured you can usually get a up air after it.

the timing is weird but it's really good, also if you do it right there will be NO purple stream what so ever.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
In addition to doing this with wizard's foot, try doing it with his Choke as well. The result is that there is an almost unnoticeable delay, and it looks like you are doing it normally, but you will immediately slam them to the ground, often causing them not to roll, but to just do an attack and get up. So of course you can shield and grab em, and follow up with whatever you like.

Just don't do it too often, or your opponent will get used to it.

Monicker

Smash Cadet
I wonder if the shock wave radius from the Wiz Foot can detonate Snake's mines? (I'd test it out but I'm currently Wii-less) If it can diffuse them safely, that could be a potential use. It's **** quick, and it could destroy the mines faster than Snake can plant them.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Nice find.. Imma try this out in Training mode to get timing down... and wut is SHWF? Short-hop something.

Top Bottom