• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

With Friends or Anyone?

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
Which mode do you prefer?

With Friends obviously has more options and u can play with ppl you actually know...
but sometimes to me its kinda annoying to set up games. I use friend finder sometimes and u know u gotta input the FCs, then create/join a game, then possibly have connection issues. Its not perfect, I kinda wish u could play custom stages too (not that u can in With Anyone).

So many times i'd rather just do With Anyone b/c it sets itself up automatically usually without too many issues (though there are definitely more than With Friends...). But also its a good way to play all sorts of diff players easily. And it can be more fun to play around in (u can usually get more serious players in With Friends). Maybe I also like it more because it can be easier to get more players in it and not just 1v1.

So i know a lot of people really hate With Anyone but i still think it has its place. I just hope i'm not the only one who thinks this. :ohwell:

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
I only play with anyone so I can pick corneria and infinite people on the right side of the stage, or bthrow people with DDD on run off killzone stages.

...Yeah, I don't play online much.. only to mess around with some random people.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
I'll take Friends any day of the week over Anyone but I'm afraid my list is becoming pretty slim pickings. I need to find more people, maybe like around here or something.

I do play Anyone though from time to time since it is very convenient, but I have no patience for people who seem to be playing just to waste your time. There's a difference between having fun with the game and just being a total douchebag. So finding a game with decent players that's not stop-motion can be a real trial and error process.

I need to redo the friend list...

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I'll take Friends any day of the week over Anyone but I'm afraid my list is becoming pretty slim pickings. I need to find more people, maybe like around here or something.

I do play Anyone though from time to time since it is very convenient, but I have no patience for people who seem to be playing just to waste your time. There's a difference between having fun with the game and just being a total douchebag. So finding a game with decent players that's not stop-motion can be a real trial and error process.
Pretty much explains my preference as well. However, I usually play Anyone more than Friend battles but even then for me; both modes are open to taunt-fest than actual fighting. Its fine to be a douche once in a while, but it can get very irritating when you do it for a long time for people that are trying to get better.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
With Friends 99.99% of the time because it's just easier and you can show taunts that say "Show Me Ya Moves". :p

With Anyone 00.01% of the time and ONLY late night when none of my friends are on.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
I suprisingly get some good wins when I play with random players, on the other hand. If I was to play with my friends, they would know all my tactics since we've been playing each other for quite along time now. Then again you have unexpectedly good players in random matches, it's really surprising when it comes to playing a different person that you don't know other than your friends. Because sometimes you get an easy player or you get an impossible to defeay kind of player, even so I haven't been encountering much lately. But when I do, it's really something worth doing assuming you get better by picking up on move patterns etc. :)

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice
with anyone is generally infested with ike noob/scrubs who think his side smash and side special are the most amazing moves on the planet.

I play it sometimes for lulz, sometimes to test out new strategies on a variety of people, and of course getting infinites would have been priceless with voice chat, but oh well :D

chandy

Smash Journeyman
with friends is miles better becoz u can play with stock. Time is terrible. Also the lag is usually less and ur playing with ppl u no. However wen nobody is online i do play wiv anyone

Jordan178

Smash Rookie
With friends is more fun, but sometimes I play with "with anyone" and I don't have to be too competitive in that mode...so that's why I turn on items on that mode. :laugh:

raph21

Smash Rookie
ive never played with anyone, i keep waiting but nobody appears -__- so i play with my friends xDDD

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
With friends.
Thank you Smashboards friend finder. <3

Top Bottom