• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"With Anyone" Down Completely?

VpShockWave

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to make sure I wasn't having an isolated issue. Just trying to join a simple game and I can't even do that. I spectated one match last night, but I've never been able to play online "with anyone".

Is nintendo going to resolve this soon? The game is fun, but this is very disappointing.

VpShockWave

Smash Rookie
Mine doesn't freeze, it just has some random error and boots me back to the main menu. I think it's just that the service is getting slammed. They should've been prepared for this!

LucidDreamGod

Smash Cadet
I'm having the same problem, first time I went in I got someone for a few secounds then I've waited like 30 min and no one came, I'm guessing nintendo is working on it still, I also was able to watch and bet on a match, and I havn't tried friend matches yet.

Dhampir

Smash Rookie
Last night I was able to play 8 matches, played perfect and there was little to no lag. When i got up today I played 1 match which lagged like crazy. After that match I havent been able to connect.

sockseatapples

Smash Rookie
I keep on getting a 85010 or 85020 error code messages and being brought back to the main menu. I hope it gets fixed soon so I can play online.

stfunerds

Smash Apprentice
same problem. I played with Friends, but I can't join With Anyone matches. I can spectate them strangely though. It gives error code 85010, but at this point I don't think there's much we ourselves can do. We'll have to wait for Nintendo to straighten out the issue. At least it seems that way.

PeachFan

Smash Cadet
NNID
DelphinusV
3DS FC
2595-0710-4989
Yeah, I'm having the same problem, was able to play a match earlier today, albeit only one opponent was found, barely noticeable lag if any. Now I can't stay connected. I agree that the servers for NWFC are overloaded.

mukai013

Smash Rookie
Mine doesn't freeze, it just has some random error and boots me back to the main menu. I think it's just that the service is getting slammed. They should've been prepared for this!
the same thing happens to me..but i got the game early and it still wasnt working then.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I havent played a With Anyone match yet! :(

I did a couple With Friends, but it only works in duels. Trying to get 3 or 4 people in one match causes errors, though I haven't tried it with two people on one wii.

Bodknocks

Smash Rookie
NNID
austonwithano
Wow, I'm glad it's not just me. I've been trying for hours to get a With Anyone match going. I did play a couple games with friends, all went well except for one that had tremendous lag at the beginning.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
I've played a ton of "with anyone" rounds but i've also had a ton of errors....so yeah it's bittersweet for me...at least when it worked it had absolutely no lag...it was exactly like the offline...maybe they have a set # of available servers and if they're full it boots the extra people trying to play so that the ones playing will never lag.

Anarchist_Chase

Smash Cadet
it may be your wifi signal. im having the same prob so im moving my wii downstairs and seeing if that works.

Meatwad

Smash Rookie
I'm having the same problem, except I don't have the option to Spectate or change the WiFi options either. With Friends works fine for me.

Mike Power

Smash Rookie
In a toaster, on the counter, next to a pickle jar
I have the exact same problem. I hope that Nintendo fixes it... oh, and I can do Friends matches, so it's not online completely. Maybe we can go to Japan and riot! XD
EDIT: Oh, and I can spectate and mess with my online options... at least, I THINK I can mess with my options. I may have messed with different options.

David Mathis

Smash Cadet
yeah, it is rather rediculous.. i was really looking forward to playing online.

heres what happened when i tried.

i managed to get up with a friend who had brawl, and i was going to try a friend match.
i was on the phone with them at the time, and i made a room, they entered it. and it took so long for them to connect the (rediculous) (stupid idea) 45 second lmit thing. and we tried multiple times, and just eventually gave up..

then i tried a "with anyone" match, it took forever, and i finally got in one. and it went smooth for about 20 seconds before total spaz lagging. i gave it a while to possibly clear up the lag, but it just continued. so i just left, and then ive tried a few more times, but i just got bored of sitting in the waiting room for like 15 minutes.

nintendo, needs to fix this. badly.

the game is simply amazing, but online, is crucial.

oh and a few more things. it sucks, that i cant use more than one player in a "with anyone" team match. like, i had a friend over playing with me, and the 2 of us couldnt play at the same time on "with anyone"

and it SUCKS that they have to be ****ing 2 minute time matches.

stock matches > **** > time match.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I have had this problem too, and I can understand the frustration, but it blows my mind when people need to start complaining about this.

This is Nintendo's FIRST attempt at a hugely popular online game. Give it time, Nintendo is all about baby steps. It's been proven in the past.

Another thing: yes, the options with anyone are limited, but it's better than nothing. It was designed to be quick anonimous matches. If you play with friends you can do FAR more.

Kynesis

Smash Rookie
when I tried to get in a match with a friend of mine it would say "Joining game..." them after about 30 seconds it said the connection was interrupted and it brought me back to the main menu, something with our connections or is anyone else suffering from this?

PeachFan

Smash Cadet
NNID
DelphinusV
3DS FC
2595-0710-4989
I have had this problem too, and I can understand the frustration, but it blows my mind when people need to start complaining about this.

This is Nintendo's FIRST attempt at a hugely popular online game. Give it time, Nintendo is all about baby steps. It's been proven in the past.

Another thing: yes, the options with anyone are limited, but it's better than nothing. It was designed to be quick anonimous matches. If you play with friends you can do FAR more.
Yeah, I agree, sure it's disappointing, but complaining isn't going to help. The fact that this is the first popular online game is a very good point, and another thing is, you arn't paying for the service, there are going to be bumps in the road, just deal with it and do something else while you wait for Nintendo to fix it, there is plenty to do in this game besides online play.

thanif19

Smash Rookie
when I tried to get in a match with a friend of mine it would say "Joining game..." them after about 30 seconds it said the connection was interrupted and it brought me back to the main menu, something with our connections or is anyone else suffering from this?

My friend and I are having the same problem with you. Don't worry it is the current system Nintendo has and not your connections. I have no problem connecting with PS3's online capability to play COD 4. I think some one said this is the first game u can play online for the Wii so I assume there will be some bugs at first.

Mike Power

Smash Rookie
In a toaster, on the counter, next to a pickle jar
My friend and I are having the same problem with you. Don't worry it is the current system Nintendo has and not your connections. I have no problem connecting with PS3's online capability to play COD 4. I think some one said this is the first game u can play online for the Wii so I assume there will be some bugs at first.
Wrong, there's other online games that came out waaay before Brawl. But for Sakurai, I think this is his first... so give it a chance, guys. Remember how you had to update your wii before you could play Brawl? That was probably done to allow DLCs. Like an online fix, more characters, stages... you know. We may not get a SSB4. Only DLCs. Who knows.

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
I tried a few times myself, my buddies have been trying a lot and they have yet to get into a "With Anyone" game... ;\

samspot

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I agree, sure it's disappointing, but complaining isn't going to help. The fact that this is the first popular online game is a very good point, and another thing is, you arn't paying for the service, there are going to be bumps in the road, just deal with it and do something else while you wait for Nintendo to fix it, there is plenty to do in this game besides online play.
I expect hiccups, but not a complete inability to play. Nintendo knew this game would be big, and they had a practice run with the Japanese launch. Nintendo just isn't showing the level of commitment to online gaming compared to other companies out there.

That said, I'm sure in a couple days everything will be worked out. But right now I have nobody to play with locally and the lack of online play has completely ruined the launch of this game for me.

PoopsOnLawn

Smash Rookie
for now it kind of is that bad. i had the same problems that everyone else has been describing, and so far, i don't know of any word from nintendo. hopefully things get cleared up though, because the single player modes in brawl are not extremely entertaining.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
anyone know why some people (including myself) dont even have the options menu on the play anyone screen? Im not able to spectate either, since i dont even see that choice. Not complaining or anything, just looking for an explanation

zigzagitry

Smash Rookie
Yeah I figure the issue has to be with nintendo's matchmaking server being overloaded as I'm exp. the same issue with connect "with anyone".

However after adding a bunch of friends codes from this board I was able to play online via "with friends" that way, so that may be the workaround in the meantime and also with the added benefit of being able to adjust options for the game, no items, stock, etc.

PeachFan

Smash Cadet
NNID
DelphinusV
3DS FC
2595-0710-4989
I was finally able to play a few 4 player free for alls, and I'm finding the time limit to be way too short. I guess I'm going to be doing mostly friend matches then, so I don't really care if with anyone works now.

Micksmash

Smash Rookie
might be location?

i'm getting plenty of matches. i get dced occasionally but not that much.

i still hate the 2 minute matches... i don't understand why the matches are that short.

5 minutes at the least would have been good i think.

either way, i still love the online with anyone

cowmaster2033

Smash Rookie
hey nuro add me and we will play a friends match. i do have a solution for our problem though. Just do a little portforwarding and u shuld get matches more often

Gesi1223

Smash Apprentice
I've only gotten into a few friend matches, that had mass amounts of lag, otherwise I got errors and just didn't play.

"With Anyone" hasn't worked at all for me, except for spectating. It's kind of disappointing that Nintendo didn't expect something like this, I had a feeling it would happen, in some way.

Legendary Angel

Smash Apprentice
I've tried "With Anyone" for two whole days now. Always get nothing but error codes; funnily enough though, spectating works just fine... ah well, as long as they get fixed in time, I can wait. :)

Top Bottom