• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WIP]The Mystifying Dark Mage Hailing from Plegia, Tharja, for SSB4 DLC! (New owner)

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Only FE protagonists make it into the roster. No matter how popular Tharja may be, she is not as relevant to the story as Chrom or Lucina. It would be cool if we could have her but it's not gonna happen.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Only FE protagonists make it into the roster. No matter how popular Tharja may be, she is not as relevant to the story as Chrom or Lucina. It would be cool if we could have her but it's not gonna happen.
But she is a protagonist.

I think you mean Lord.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

This thread is for the my fellow darksiders who support Tharja’s inclusion in Sm4sh. Come here to discuss her potential discussion with like minded people.

(Will edit later tomorrow with overviews, playstyles, and potential movesets, just want dibs on this character)

Overview (WIP)
~ You would trust me? What if this is all just a ploy to plunge a dagger in your back? ~

Tharja is a slightly obsessive Dark mage hailing from Plegia. Her spells very from common colds,to falsifying memories in the minds of anyone she chooses. She has the ability to act as a medium and speak with the dead; as well as being able to successfully counter, and reflect foes curses. Her dark magic stems from a long her standing tribe of Shamans she was born into. Her love for witchery is only rivaled by her love for FE:A’s Avatar, and depending on how you play out the game, she may just win his heart. Which is, you know, the way it should be.

Moveset (WIP)
~ These powers give me such wicked ideas ~
B Curse: Tharja fans her hands out in front of her, while holding her spell book. She has placed a trap. Coming into contact with it will cause it to explode, doing damage to the opponent. Crouching and using this will lay a trap on the ground, any other stance will have one in the air. She can lay up to three at a time, making a forth will cause them all to explode at once. But doing so means that the explosions may hurt yourself. (The explosions will only hurt yourself if you do it this way, otherwise they do not harm you)
B> Nosferatu: A flurry of shimmering lights appear in front of Tharja, that act as an extended “grab” in a way. It shows up in the exact same spot no matter what. The move has an extremely fast start up, but a relatively small window of opportunity to be used. If Nosferatu is executed correctly, the opponent will be held in mid air, while you slowly sap their life away. Does minimal damage, however heals yourself.
BV Deflect: This move does just as it says. A purple veil surrounds Tharja, and any projectiles or attacks are turned around. Works like Mario’s cape, except can be executed on something / someone behind her as well.
B^ Manakete Rising: Not canon, but I know she hold a manakete claw, and Sakurai isn’t canon anyways. She raises her Manakete’s claw into the air, and shadowy dragon wings appear on her back and lift her upwards into the air. Three quick flaps of her wings. The recovery is good, however she is completely vulnerable while using it.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I made a thread on her a while back, don't bother, they'll crush your Tharja dreams. I'd suggest finding chrom/lucina threads that have fellow supporters

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I honestly believed a leaked list that had her just because Japan loves their fanservice. I truly wouldn't mind her over certain other reps, too.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It wasn't listed, and I'm not going to let this die. If I can run a Krystal thread, I can run a Tharja thread.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That last bit alone justifies EVERY reason against her.
Whats the reason? She's sexy? Yeah, next.

Out of all the ACTUAL reasons she won't be included, you pick this one? No son.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Whats the reason? She's sexy? Yeah, next.

Out of all the ACTUAL reasons she won't be included, you pick this one? No son.

I meant justifies in that it overrides them. Makes them invalid. Bleh, dictionary secondary meanings crapping out on me again.

I don't think it's clear enough: I'm for her, lol.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Do Not Want.

A dark magic user would be nice, but Tharja just seems like a random pick. It's a no-go for me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
While I'm not really a Tharja supporter, I do have to admit that the moveset is pretty neat. Curious to see what the Final Smash is.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I edited Curse after I realized I didn't finish it. I'm still deciding on the FS, but that will all have to come later. It's bedtime for this cat.

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
Anyone like the B-Moveset?
Yes. 'specially B and >B, they reflect the dark magic thing well.
And I don't think she's as random as peeps say she is, either. As Chozoboy said, she's crazy popular with the creators - the one they like most unanimously.
And FE's developers were the ones who suggested Ike for Brawl, so their preference counts for a lot.

What's more, in Nintendo Japan's official character poll she was the most popular girl character after Lucina and the female avatar. Which means if they don't put in Lucina due to Marth similarites, and they don't put in the Tactician because they can't decide on a default sex/look, Tharja would appear to the developers as the next best female rep from Awakening. Similarly, for their official English-language poll, Tharja came fourth overall, after Marth, Walhart and Henry and above Chrom. Considering Walhart and Henry didn't fair anywhere near as well on their official page Japanese poll (16th and 7th most popular male reps respectively), in the eyes of the developers Tharja has perhaps the highest consistent popularity between Eastern and Western territories for an Awakening rep, after the main 3. But let's say the above arguments hold true for Lucina/Tactician, this puts her in their eyes as possibly the most popular choice after Chrom, whom she ranked above in their Western poll, as well as the favourite of the developers.

She appears on the cover, early in the game, and heavily in most promotional material. She's also in love with the player character. The main argument levelled against her is that Smash reps have to be lords. But this has only been true for the 3 characters included so far - and that's because FE was comparatively small, so picking the main characters was the safest bet to sate fan desires, an easy way to promote the series and also the best way to cover multiple games in a series with so many different main characters.

Firstly, Awakening is much bigger than any other entry bar 7, which it's looking to surpass in sales and which was relatively much older at the time of Brawl's release anyways, so the series is not as dependant on Smash promotion or safe bets.
Secondly, given the above info, it's clear Tharja would still be a popular and safe choice.
Thirdly, picking only lords as a means of promoting the series would be negated by having three very similar characters, which would not showcase FE's variety and send a message to people who hadn't played it that it's all about blue haired bros fighting with swords. At this stage, something drastically different would better attract new fans. Something like, instead of honourable, heroic, blue-haired swordy guys, a cruel, morally ambiguous, dark magic chick.
And lastly, Awakening has been the only FE game released since Brawl, discounting Radiant Dawn which was released just before it and which has sold literally less than half as much. So really Awakening is the only game that they've gotta rep right now, so two characters isn't a stretch of the imagination. And as I mentioned before, if they wanna put in a second character after Chrom who isn't Lucina or the Tactician, they're gonna look to their polls, their gonna look to their own favourites, and you know who they're gonna see.

plus, who doesn't want a sadistic crazy *****? I'm sick of all the 2D heroes and bad guys.

So yeah. There. didn't mean to go on for that long, but surely I get some respect for not mentioning TnA once? :p

Edit for links to polls:
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=199213http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei_bk/kekka/index.html

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Strictly speaking, Tharja's outfit isn't any worse than ZSS in terms of sexuality, so that really wouldn't be a problem.

I could see Tharja as an assist trophy, but Lucina at least is more popular than Tharja and would most likely be an assist trophy over her, provided Lucina doesn't make it into the game.

Kind of hoping for a Chrom/Lucina dual character now, though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What, you moved my thread here. GAY I'm out.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Strictly speaking, Tharja's outfit isn't any worse than ZSS in terms of sexuality, so that really wouldn't be a problem.

I could see Tharja as an assist trophy, but Lucina at least is more popular than Tharja and would most likely be an assist trophy over her, provided Lucina doesn't make it into the game.

Kind of hoping for a Chrom/Lucina dual character now, though.

I'm fairly certain that if you put two pictures of ZS Samus and Tharja next to each other and took a poll as to who seemed more sexual, there'd be a clear winner. There's a difference between outlining one's form and revealing it completely.

Besides, Tharja's personality and all of her poses are wayyyyy more sexual than the determined looking Samus. She just is, flat out, a more sexual character.

While I don't think she particularly fits in with the Smash world, I do think she'd add more to the game than another swordlord would... She almost fulfills the call for a Fire Emblem villain too, ha. She actually does have a pretty interesting personality...

She's another character that I wouldn't mind seeing a weapon switch on- She could switch between fire, ice, thunder, and dark tomes. Her attacks would be practically the same (similar hitboxes, lag, etc.) but have different secondary riders for specials and smash attacks.
Fire: +knockback
Ice: Chance to freeze
Thunder: +damage
Dark: Slight health drain effect, healing Tharja slightly.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm fairly certain that if you put two pictures of ZS Samus and Tharja next to each other and took a poll as to who seemed more sexual, there'd be a clear winner. There's a difference between outlining one's form and revealing it completely.
The ZSS jumpsuit doesn't leave much to the imagination, and while the body stocking is more sexual in drawings, in-game it'd likely end up just looking like a black, skintight jumpsuit, i.e. not really worse than ZSS.

Besides, Tharja's personality and all of her poses are wayyyyy more sexual than the determined looking Samus. She just is, flat out, a more sexual character.
Tharja's personality is only creepily sexual in regards to MU, and MU won't be in Smash 4 if Tharja is. Other than around him she just acts creepy, not sexual. All the sexy poses and stuff are just promotional art, so of course they're going to go for sex appeal in those.

Tharja's a bit more sexual than ZSS, sure, but in-game the difference would be pretty minimal.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
The ZSS jumpsuit doesn't leave much to the imagination, and while the body stocking is more sexual in drawings, in-game it'd likely end up just looking like a black, skintight jumpsuit, i.e. not really worse than ZSS.

Tharja's personality is only creepily sexual in regards to MU, and MU won't be in Smash 4 if Tharja is. Other than around him she just acts creepy, not sexual. All the sexy poses and stuff are just promotional art, so of course they're going to go for sex appeal in those.

Tharja's a bit more sexual than ZSS, sure, but in-game the difference would be pretty minimal.

So you're thinking that the Smash Bros. representation of her wouldn't be use the see-through body stocking? I mean, the Fire Emblem in-game units tend to not look like the actual characters, so I do think the drawings/promotional material is more likely to be where the Smash character design would be drawn from.

All in all, though, if Tharja does get into Smash it seems entirely likely that they'd give her a slight redesign anyway... who knows. I do agree that if her outfit wasn't see-through she wouldn't be much more sexual than ZSS except for her general femme-fatale nature. I'm sure she could be made to fit Smash, in any case.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No, they're the same. And sexuality doesn't really matter. Samus knocked all boundries out of the water. I mean, Tharja isn't Ivy Valentine.

Lastly, who gives two ****s? She's scantily clad, get over it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sweeeeet. I'm gonna try and finish my first post up by the end of the night. We'll see.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
When has Samus ever done anything sexual in her games? There's a difference between being a sexual character and being sexualized by fans.
If you think her being in a futuristic tight outfit is knocking all the boundaries out of the water, then, well...

Sexy and I know it.

Also... Tharja essentially is Fire Emblem's Ivy Valentine. While Tharja's more within the bounds of physics, they're still the same trope. Scantily clad femme fatale whose exaggerated sexual image is used to promote the game.

While I do think that she'd be a lot more interesting than most of the Fire Emblem characters, she clearly isn't of the same tone as the rest of Smash Bros... it's rated T for Teen because of comic mischief and cartoon violence, not for "suggestive themes" like FE is.

The character that people are asking for isn't
, it's this.

If she has to be censored for her own game, she's not suitable for Smash. If they do put her in, they'll have to change a lot of her defining characteristics, and I'm not sure Tharja fans really want that version of her.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah, you're just wrong. I don't know what else to tell you. She's not going to wear a bikini in Smash, and her normal outfit wasn't censored in FE:A. Combine that with Samus who has an identilcle outfit (Which I would add, is pretty much bra-less). It just doesn't matter.

Sorry.

And, if you don't like her, go away.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
That picture reflects who her character, her personality, is... No, I don't think she'd show up in a skimpy red bikini.
But seeing as her default outfit in Fire Emblem is just a black bikini with a cape... :p

I think that, if she shows up in Smash Bros, she will not be wearing one of her cannon outfits, that's what I'm saying. The way Tharja is represented in FE is way more sexual than the tone of Smash Bros. I mean, that is absolutely, undeniably true. I didn't really expect anyone to argue with that...

I'm not saying "Boo on Tharja, boo", I'm saying that they'd be represented differently in Smash than she is in Fire Emblem. I've already shown my support for her and thrown out ideas for her moveset. There's no need to get so defensive.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That picture reflects who her character, her personality, is... No, I don't think she'd show up in a skimpy red bikini.
But seeing as her default outfit in Fire Emblem is just a black bikini with a cape... :p
She's wearing a Bikini, a cape, and a second skin. Technically more than ZSS wore. /discussion

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
She doesn't need it though. If she can wear that in FE, she can wear that in Smash. Why are you all ****ing nuns?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If she's in, she'll be wearing the exact same thing she's wearing.

In the meantime, I suggest touching some ****.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If she's in, she'll be wearing the exact same thing she's wearing.

In the meantime, I suggest touching some ****.
Lol, I was just messing with you. No need to get so worked up. :p

Ah, well. I'm outta here for now, I don't have much to contribute.

But yeah, no need to be so defensive. These petty discussions in a remote corner of SmashBoards aren't going to affect her chances. :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I know, you're all just being dumb.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I had a feeling you let your penis decide which Smash 4 candidates to support, Shortie.

This thread only confirmed my suspicions. :3c

Top Bottom