• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest registration

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
So is pre-reg required or not?
In the winterfest thread, it says:

Registration

"You must pre-register for this event!
Register here: www.VSAgaming.com

Registration details

Early Registration Deadline: October 31th, 2009

* $15 door fee
* $10 event entry

Registration Deadline: December 11th, 2009

* $20 door fee
* $12 event entry

At door registration

* $25 door fee
* $15 event entry"

But here you say pre-req is not required.
For those of you looking to attend Winterfest 2009, registration is up.
here is the link,

http://winterfest2009.eventbrite.com

enjoy, and help us out. Pre registration is not required but it will help us pay for the venue, thanks!!!
I'm just confused as to which you wanted to go with.

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
So is pre-reg required or not?
In the winterfest thread, it says:

Registration

"You must pre-register for this event!
Register here: www.VSAgaming.com

Registration details

Early Registration Deadline: October 31th, 2009

* $15 door fee
* $10 event entry

Registration Deadline: December 11th, 2009

* $20 door fee
* $12 event entry

At door registration

* $25 door fee
* $15 event entry"

But here you say pre-req is not required.

I'm just confused as to which you wanted to go with.

Yea I am sorry about that atl south post it needs to be updated! SORRY :urg:

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
thats way too much bro. those prices just cost you a bunch of smashers from playing.
Gallax this is a national tournament, the event fees are higher as well as the pay out. I am sorry about the atl south post, it needs to be updated, please check official tournament listings and you will see the official winterfest post there. SORRY for the confusion

Scidadle

Smash Champion
It's not really national...

Only the south and parts of other places are coming, like M2K, Ally, some Canada, maybe scar, and some other tri-state, and no west coast.

DC

Smash Cadet
wtf @ entry fees

And where is the Halo and Blazblue tournament info?

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
wtf @ entry fees

And where is the Halo and Blazblue tournament info?

There will be over 200 smashers from around the country, majority from florida but out of staters, so Its considered national.

Halo 3 is right here www.myspce.com/floridagaming
Check the blog for information on the event

we are no longer doin blaz blue, we have replaced it with Tekken 6.

DC

Smash Cadet
**** that bull**** let me run the Blazblue tournament then.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Yea. I'm pretty sure if your even low on staff members, you can find someone to run the BB tourney. If your having a BB tourney, I'm pretty sure Senkei, me, DarthTrey, Casanova or any of the other normal orlando BlazBlue players could run it.
Definantly also keep Tekken as well.

When are you guys going to post info on when things are going on? That would be awesome to know as soon as possible

DC

Smash Cadet
Lol f that... I'm walking in there and running a Blazblue tournament. I host tournaments in my ****ing sleep.

Laijin... Noel dittos?!

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
You guys need to take it easy. More people are going to show up for Tekken 6 than for Blaz blue. Im sorry but I cannot please everyone. Why cant you just be understanding? Why must you bash and criticize?

DC

Smash Cadet
Actually **** it I think I'll just skip this tourney. Entry fee prices are lol and driving to Orlando sucks.

Purple

Hi guys!
you guys are *****es, this guy is trying to host a **** good tournament. Tekken 6 is a newer game, therefore it would help them to run it and pay for the abnormally large venue.

keep on trucking FL gaming

i wish i could come, but i can't call out of work the entire week, therefore i will not be able to make it there with my intentional ride :(

Renth

Smash Hero
you guys are *****es, this guy is trying to host a **** good tournament. Tekken 6 is a newer game, therefore it would help them to run it and pay for the abnormally large venue.

keep on trucking FL gaming

i wish i could come, but i can't call out of work the entire week, therefore i will not be able to make it there with my intentional ride :(
ahh I love it when people from 09 post things it makes me giggle.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
You guys are being a bit harsh. New =/= stupid, just inexperienced in Smash. We don't know if they've been hosting tournies in other games, so be chill.

I just laugh cuz I look at other people's post counts and then my own and think "where the f*** have I been?"

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Thank you to those who are supporting us.

And for those of you who have been to any of our events know... they are the best! No TO's can top us... we promise!

Laijin

Smash Hero
Thank you to those who are supporting us.

And for those of you who have been to any of our events know... they are the best! No TO's can top us... we promise!
Just make sure that this time around all the people who are helping to run the tournament actually care about helping progress the tournaments their not currently help run.
Example: Last FG I went to, I was in the BlazBlue tourney. There was a good 15-30 minutes(It was a long time) where the guy announcing matches was missing(Keep in mind BlazBlue had no guy on a microphone announcing name).. Not a problem, probably restroom or something. However the problem was he had already announced the person who had a match next, and the tournament literally could not move on without this guy. Alright, so all we had to do was find someone to announce his name. Simple enough right?
Why is it that every other tournament that was going on(Melee, Brawl, SF4, etc etc), the person announcing names to those tournaments pretty much told me and the guys I were with in the BB tournament they could'nt care less about the BlazBlue tournament and simply refused to announce one name into their microphones. A task that would've taken a total of 2 seconds out of their extremely busy jobs. I've never thought I would encounter such an ******* response.

Its not a big deal as its in the past etc etc. Just next time make sure everyone who is helping run winter fest actually care about the progress of all the other tournaments as well so if someone asks them to announce a name at whatever station, they don't completely tell that person off. What would take 5 seconds of their time could save that tournament 30 minutes.

Top Bottom