• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WinRAR archiver problems..

Skrah

Smash Ace
I've been having problems with my WinRAR archiver lately. I can't open any zip file that I downloaded because everytime I open WinRAR, it says it has a problem and that it must close. I've even tried downloading another WinRAR archiver and it says the same message. So anyone know why this is happening and if it is possible to fix it?

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
If no software program you use that extracts the data from the archives works, then it may either be a problem with your OS, the archived files as mentioned above, or both. The problem with your OS may have to do with some instablility within the regstry, as corrupted values tend to affect the performance rate of certain features of Windows. Try running the system in decreased RAM usage via the Run Command "msconfig."; that usually fixes installaton and extracting errors. Also, try downloading a registry cleaner. It'll make most problems go away, but it's not guaranteed.

Top Bottom