• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wind Waker Link's moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
To stop you all from arguing look I pieced together a family tree for link based on his relatives throughout the various games, so if there was only 1 link and not a bunch of different ones this is what his family would be like

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
That just confuses me even more xianfeng. Is this against my argument? I gave you ungodly Wario masturbation material and this is how you repay me?! Off topic: We need to revive the Wario fan club thread, On topic: uhh... I don't support WW Link.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Yeah, I hope in like PH or TP we get to see Link's other grandparents or one of his parents, in a pictograph or something, Grandma would have to have pictographs of her kid (link's parent) before they died.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
WW Link and Y. Link cannot be the same. WW Link is after Orcarina that would mess things up. Y. Link was only in OoT and had his own game in MM, I don't think you want a another Link. TP Link is actually Adult Link from Ocarina too(Just compare and contrast TP Link with OoT adult Link). More of less WW Link looks like Link from the Link to the Past. If you want more proof look at Oot Hyrule's Castle and WW Hyrule's Castle they are basically the same.

HPSCHD

Smash Rookie
It seems pretty clear to me that YLink should be taken out no matter what. However, if the designers feel the need to have 2 Links in the game, wouldn't it be a much better idea to have WW Link? As has been said, there's definitely enough different moves to make him not a clone.

And besides, not everything in the game is about shilling to fans or creating a competitive deep fighting system free of all redundancies. It's about having fun! and personally, I think it would be great fun to see Celda face off against whoever - throwing cel-shaded bombs that produce cel-shaded explosions, sailing on a cel-shaded leaf that produces cel-shaded puffs of wind. The animation is great, and if incorporating is possible it would be a lot of fun to behold. Young Link just seems boring in comparison.

However, if it were between Celda and a character without any SB representation whatsoever, it'd probably be a better idea to pick that character.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Uhh... this brings awful memories of video game animes. *Starts to think about the Mario, Link, Kirby, Sonic, Dk, etc. list of ripoff shows* GenG you got enough rep out of me for one night. But it is pretty cool though.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Name: Young (or cellda) Link
Year: You tell me
Platform: Gamecube
Moves:

B is for Boomerang! although this was one of Y. Link's moves in Melee the boomerang is very important in Phantom Hourglass so it stays. From: Phantom Hourglass

His front B is the Skull Hammer, this is his most powerful move that can do up to 15% damage, but it has a bit of lag. From: Wind Waker

His up B would be the Deku Leaf in air it works like an umbrella but on the ground it sends a powerful shot of wind. From: Wind Waker

His down B is the Flame Lantern from The minish Cap, this expels a ball of fire from his lantern and can also make him imune from Togepi's invisble move thing, it creates a circle around him so he can see where he is! From: Minish Cap

For his super his clothes would start to flash between Green, Red, Blue and Purple and then 3 links would jump out each of the clones would go up to an opponent and perform Link's super. From: Four Sword Adventures

Taunt: Elzo (His talking cap from the minish cap) would lean over and peck him on the head

Entrance: He would be swept in on a breath of wind

Symbol: The Triforce

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
The Wind Waker: Storyline

Long ago, there existed a kingdom where a golden power lay hidden. One day, a man of evil found this power and took it for himself, and with it at his command, he spread darkness across the kingdom. But then… just as all hope had died, a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere. Wielding a blade that repelled evil, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This boy, who travelled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Time. The boy’s tale was passed down through generations until it became legend.

And then a day came when a fell wind began to blow across the kingdom, and the great evil once again crept forth from the depths of the earth. The people believed that the Hero of Time would again come to save them. But the hero did not appear…

What became of that kingdom…? None remain who know. The memory of the kingdom vanished, but its legend survived on the wind’s breath.

On a certain island, it became customary to garb young boys in green when they come of age. Clothed in the green of fields, they aspire to find heroic blades and cast evil down. The elders wish only for the youths to know courage like the hero of legend
WW story.

A long time ago...

Before life began, before the world had form, three golden goddesses descended upon the chaotic land of Hyrule. They were Din, the Goddess of Power, Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom and Farore, the Goddess of Courage.

Din, with her strong flaming arms, cultivated the land to create the earth. Nayru poured her wisdom onto the earth to give the spirit of law to the world. Farore's rich soul created all life forms who would uphold the law.

These three great goddesses returned to the heavens, leaving behind the golden sacred Triforce. Since then, the Triforce has become the basis for Hyrule's providence. Where the Triforce stood became sacred land.

In the vast, deep forest of Hyrule, the Great Deku Tree served as the guardian spirit. The children of the forest, the Kokiri, lived with the Great Deku Tree. Each Kokiri had his or her own guaridan fairy. Except one. His name was Link.

Early one morning, Link was having a nightmare. It was the same nightmare he had every night. During a storm, Link would find himself standing in front of a mysterious castle. A rider on horseback, carrying a girl, would race by. The girl would look at Link as if to say something. Then, another rider would appear. This big man clad in black would look down menacingly at Link. Link would then awaken.

"Link! Hey, get up, Link! The Great Deku Tree wants to talk to you!"

As Link opened his eyes, he saw a fairy floating in front of him. This fairy's name was Navi. Navi was sent to summon Link to the Great Deku Tree.

"Oh Navi, thou has returned!" said the Deku Tree. "Thank you, Link, for coming. Thy slumber these past moons must have been restless, and full of nightmares. A vile climate pervades this world. Verily, ye have felt it. The time has come to test thine courage. I have been cursed. I need you to dispel the curse with your wisdom and courage. Art thou prepared?"

Link entered the Great Deku Tree and broke the curse.

"Well done, Link! I knew that ye were worthy of carrying out my wishes. A wicked man of the Desert cast this dreadful curse on me. Employing his vile, sorcerous energies, the evil one is searching for the sacred realm connected to Hyrule. For it is there that one will find the divine relic, the Triforce, that contains the essence of the gods. Whoever holds the Triforce can make their wishes come true. Thou must never allow the desert man to lay his hands on the sacred Triforce. Thou must never suffer that man to enter the Sacred Realm of Legend. Link, go now to Hyrule Castle. There, ye will surely meet the Princess of Destiny. Present this stone to the Princess. I have foreseen that she will understand everything."

The Great Deku Tree gave Link the Spiritual Stone of the Forest, before dying, the Deku Tree's last words were, "The future depends upon thee, Link. Thou art courageous.
OoT story.

Y.Link and WW Link cannot be the same guy.

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
So you want Sheik, a character with one appearence, to be his own character, but you don't want Celda, the main character for a whole new string of Legend of Zelda games to take up one of the spots on the roster.

And what do mean if Young Link returns he'll have no shot? No shot at what, competing with one of the characters you've deemed worthy of being in your beloved roster?

Also Mario has 5 people in Brawl, Mario and Luigi (givens), Wario and Peach and Bowser (I doubt they'd put Wario in and take them out). Legend of Zelda is a pretty big franchise, second IMO only to Mario. Why shouldn't they get equal representation? Who better to do that then the new face of Link. I don't want Vaati in because I think Ganon (the main bad guy all of the games up til Four Swords [excluding Oracles games and Awakening]) is more than enough.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
WARIO IS NOT A MARIO CHARACTER, in his warioware clothes he isn't a Mario character so so far there are only 4 mario characters that are pretty much assumed Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
I think Wario is a part of the whole mario franchise. Maybe like a branch of the franchise that's like a second uncle twice removed, but still a branch. Kinda like that one fat uncle in Link's family tree.

Anyways, like Dark said, they're not the same person, literally. They have the same name. Well maybe that's a coincidence. Maybe in their world Link is a common name, like John or somethin. As for their physical appearence, lots of people have blonde hair and are naturally couragous (especially when their sister god abducted). The clothes are just an attribute to the Hero of Time that his little island makes people where to honor the hero's legend. So celda is kinda cosplaying. Like this dude:

http://z.about.com/d/comicbooks/1/0/u/1/link.jpg

I'm sure he's taken steps to legally change his name to Link. Does that mean I expect him to go and whoop some evil ***? No. I expect him to go and cry in the corner when he sees a mouse (sorry for the harshness Cosplay Link). A name and a costume do not make the man (or cell shaded boy). Things like attitude, age and I dunno, the century they live in, make the man/boy.

Edit: I love the move list Xian. Especially the taunt. I dunno about the lantern though. But besides that, some facial hair, a maiden and you got yourself a hero.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=77086&highlight=Wind+Waker+Link
Argue in that thread. Let us discuss moves. While I like differentiating the Gust Jar from Kirby's Suck, Link clearly holds it sideways in the art. I was thinking that it would rotate, roll or shoot in the direction you desire.

Also, It should move items and whatever. and only the closest object gets sucked in, and then moved somewhere else on the map.

D

Deleted member

I still think two Links are enough.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Clink, but I just think three Links are a little excessive. Maybe as a replacement for Young Link, or as a seperate costume.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much.

Although I agree with people who say Zelda needs some more characters...

GenG

Smash Lord
Well, in my opinion, the Zelda roster is complete: Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, the owners of each part of the Triforce and main pillars of the franchise. Link WW is a nice touch to rep another side of the series, while Vaati being the second main enemy, but needs more development. He could be WW Link's rival in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

He could be WW Link's rival in Brawl.
Yeah, the developers seem to be going for the rival thing don't they? Vaati is recurring so I expect to see him in Brawl, and maybe Ralph as well (rival complex with older Link :dizzy: ).

BTW, which moveset could CLink use? I've seen varations on his MC and WW items, but I'm not sure which would fit best into Brawl.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
The King of Red Lions boat for a symbol could work, but also the Wind Waker itself.
What about the name? Is he forever going to be "Wind Waker Link"?

These are issues needing to be addressed since he deserves and will be in Brawl.
He can't be windwaker link then he can't pull moves from the other cellda games he should be Young Link or Cellda Link

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I keep on hearing this "add more characters from LoZ" and no love for Mario thing. Mario has sold more than any other franchise on the Nintendo, no scratch that, all systems. This is a proven fact if you want to look it up. Before they even glance at the LoZ franchise they are going to rep Mario rightfully. Which you can see in Melee since his franchise pretty much dominated everything. Wario has evolved into his own character and is now a protaganist (sp?) in alot of his games. That is why he has his own symbol and is distinguished as seperate from Mario in Brawl. However, WW Link is not unique enough to have his own symbol and is going to have the triforce if he gets in. Just a note, I am now neutral on having WW Link in, convice me a little more and I will take your sides.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Well they are different people and they would have very different play styles, Cellda would use his air moves (although I also had a fire move in mine) and could draw moves from WW, MC, FS, FSA, FSDS and PH

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
This is a thread about WW Link, of course you aren't gonna find any love for mario in here. Of course Mario's a great character, but so are the rest. You can't have one without any of the others. Gotta look at Nintendo as a company that relies on everyone, even the lowly Chibi Robo.

And it makes sense for WW Link to have the triforce as his icon, since he does have the Triforce of Courage. If you say that that makes them the same character I'll just tell you that they live hundreds(?) of years apart. And for a name, maybe some japanese symbols that mean Hero of The Winds and then Link. I dunno about for the english version. Maybe just The Wind Waker or somethin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom