• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you main Jiggleepuff?

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I saw the same topic in a few other threads and I began to wonder how many people will main her? She's been my main since 2007 and I don't plan on turning my back against her.

I hope I didn't break any rules or anything by making this thread.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I've mained Puff since 64. I play her at her best and I play her at her worst and I don't intend to stop now.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Jiggs was the first character I ever played in Smash, she will always be one of my mains.

Pink!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
3DS FC
3695-0038-5541
Jigglypuff has always been one of my mains, so, I will definitely be maining her.

Spirst

Been using her since Brawl back in '08 (and crying because how much she sucked). Won't be my first main but she'll definitely be up there.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've always loved the little puff, used her all the time in Melee when I was little and now she's one of my better characters in Melee.

Even in spite of being one of the poorer characters in Brawl she's still one of my mains in that game as well, and she's even one of my best better characters.

Though I plan to main quite a few other veterans and many of the newcomers, Jiggs made a lot of great childhood memories for me in Melee, so she'll always be up there with my mains.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
The only time puff hasn't been my main was in Brawl, where she got dethroned by Dedede. However she was still my backup then.

However in sm4sh, she'll be tied with Robin as my main, because I just can't choose between the two of them.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Probably. If I get sick of my newcomer mains I can always switch to Puff.

Good to hear she's been buffed tho.

Spirst

She was my first main in Melee and Brawl. While I might replace her spot with Shulk, ofc I'm going to keep maining her.

More like (Iggly)buffed. Heh.
Now she's (Wiggly)tuff.

Alright, I can't do this.

Last edited:

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff will always be my main, even if she doesn't win me tournaments.

IFC Jigglypuff

Smash Cadet
maining puff since smash64, except brawl since I don't play that, even if jigglypuff is bad, gonna have a pocket puff always.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I used Jiggs a bit in 64, she became my main alongside Ganondorf in Melee. Sadly Brawl made me have to set down these two... and I picked up Wario.

Now that those 3 are back and STRONG.
The unholy trinity is back.

:jigglypuff::warioc::ganondorf: We're back, Baby.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Probably not, but she'll definitely be a secondary choice.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff is always within my top 3 best smash characters in each game. I expect this game to be no different.

Spirst

Jiggypuff is one of those characters you just play regardless of whether she's amazing or a complete piece of crap. There's an odd satisfaction associated with playing as that little marshmallow.

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
I'll be maining her....well kinda. Depends on if you think "maining 4 characters" is possible.

Edit: make that 5

Last edited:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I'll be maining her....well kinda. Depends on if you think "maining 4 characters" is possible.

Edit: make that 5
If there was 5 streets in the same city named "Main Street" I think we'd all get lost pretty quickly. :p

I'm just joking of course. Play whoever you'd like and love the hell out of them. I think people just need to get past their fascination with the word "main" - not everyone needs one to play and enjoy the game. In my opinion, it makes a lot more sense to say "my favorite characters are ..." and it sounds less like a long-term relationship that you felt rushed to make as soon as the game came out lol

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
If there was 5 streets in the same city named "Main Street" I think we'd all get lost pretty quickly. :p

I'm just joking of course. Play whoever you'd like and love the hell out of them. I think people just need to get past their fascination with the word "main" - not everyone needs one to play and enjoy the game. In my opinion, it makes a lot more sense to say "my favorite characters are ..." and it sounds less like a long-term relationship that you felt rushed to make as soon as the game came out lol
yeah, I just use "main" to imply which ones i'm better at(ex. my Nu beats out my sub Ter by a longshot). course I've never thought of "maining someone" exactly like how you put it but you got a point.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
Any and everyday.

I just hope Sakurai didn't crap on her like he did in Brawl.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
She smy main in melee/pm and my secondary in 64/brawl, I see no reason to stop

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
I always loved playing as the Puff, but never really took up on maining her. After years of neglect, I shall become the Puff.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Jigglypuff's Rest was recently the bane of me, but not in the way that you'd normally think. I accidentally committed suicide during an All-Star run with Jigglypuff, all because I did Rest, instead of Pound. The Circle Pad can be quite sensitive to your control input, and that really messed me up.

Outside of some challenge requirements, I'm not seeing myself using Jigglypuff very much.

Top Bottom