• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you dress as your fav SSB character at the midnight release?

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I've dressed up for things before too, but only to purposely look foolish, never because I'm a real fanboy. Pirates of the Carribean 3, Spider-Man 3 and X-Men 3 my entire group of friends and I came up with stupid costumes for midnight showings, and it was really fun just making ***** of ourselves (particularly when one of our cars got pulled over on the way to X-Men...). But dressing up by yourself just because you like a game/book/movie/what have you is... well, nerdy. If you want to, more power to you, but I don't have the gonads to pull it off.

Oh, and the last Harry Potter book we did too. Half of us didn't even get the book, we just wanted to go lol
Heh, yeah I'm like that too. We went to "The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King" midnite showing. I dressed up as Darth Vader, my friend dressed up as Neo. People were throwing Skittles and M&M's at us as a joke, lol.

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
No.

...But don't get me wrong; if I could go dressed as Mr. Game and Watch, I would. Trust me.

WaffleGuyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I won't. I'm bringing my camera just in case, though. I want to see at least ONE Captain Falcon helmet...
Oh shnapps. You've given me a terrible idea. Goal for this week: make a C.Falcon helmet. Just to, you know, carry around. I'm not actually gonna wear it.

PhoenixWiight

Smash Cadet
sadly though I've been to a couple anime conventions, I've never cosplayed as a game character.
at the NYC Anime Festival back in december, i saw (tons of) pokemon trainer, an Ike, a Captain Falcon, I see Mario, Luigi, Peach and other Mario characters at EVERY convetion, same with Link, the occasional Zelda, I saw the HOTTEST Midna once, a ton of Nesses, people in DK ties, Snake... and a lot more, thats just naming a few.

I've been trying to cell-shade myself for weeks.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Nope not into cosplaying myself. And even if I was I probably wouldn't for Brawls release. If I did though I would go as Ganondorf. I'm already tall with red hair, so I'd just paint my skin and nails and get the costume.

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
Hmm...I wish I had my suit jacket. I would get really fancy and put on the jacket, white shirt, bow ties, shiny black shoes, etc. Complements my orderly, prim personality...somewhat.

Destructioncalls

Smash Cadet
I would go as diddy... Red hat that saids nintendo, paste some yellow stars on a red shirt, and go pantsless with my **** between my legs to form tail.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Not into the cosplay scene so much. If I did go as one, however, I think it'd be fun to go as Snake if anyone. Get the rough facial hair going and try to lower your voice. But you just shouldn't speak because you'll put the character to shame; no one can match David Hayter.

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
I'd dress up as Dedede but I don't have a giant mallet, or his hat and jacket. But if I did, I'd wear it...a lot.

Machete

Smash Ace
If I could, I'd dress as a Landmaster.

All your rosters are belong to us.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I would have someone run me over with a steam roller and then paint myslef baack with a grey outline.

holy **** im definently being G&W for halloween next year. head bink dank ****

Fautor Animus

Smash Cadet
I would have someone run me over with a steam roller and then paint myslef baack with a grey outline.

holy **** im definently being G&W for halloween next year. head bink dank ****
the doppler effect would be cooler.

Does anyone else think that dressing up like Olimar would cause suspicion? You know, him being a pimp and all...

Cheezball

Smash Ace
When I heard Crazy Hand I laughed. I won't go there dressed up, but I might put on a Captain Falcon helmet, you know, just for the kicks.

No pun intended.

If I would go all dressed up, I think I would dress up as... I don't know, maybe Pit?

new2nbdy

Smash Cadet
Would dress as no character. I never liked cosplayers that much or cosplaying for that matter. I don't have anything against them, it's just there are some people who dress as characters I want to punch (Link, Bowser etc).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I might... alot of preparation needed...

I need to get a fishbowl with airholes, a space-suit lookin thing...

Put a coat-hanger through the spacesuit and put a red ball on top...

And then make my friend dress up in a red Pikmin costume... and maybe throw him at the clerks if they dont give me my copy first... :mad:

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
my fav is ness so yes i will be ness

1.) I always were baseball hats regardless... (maybe my mario bom-omb one for the occasion, new era of course)
2.) Some striped polo ( i think i have one AE one that mathces ness' one)
3.) I most of the time wear khaki or jeans shorts, so no biggie
4.) and the bat is inside my pants so yea

im all set

:lick:

KingMak

Smash Cadet
I plan on going completely naked except for a pair of black boxers. Then I'll paint my entire body black. Then I'll get a frying pan. I still hate G&W.

Kazuma

Smash Cadet
i'm wearing a blue wig, a tiara, and writing "top tier" on my forehead.

Top Bottom