• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you buy the NX?

Will you buy the NX?

• Total voters

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
Will you buy Nintendo's upcoming console, the NX (or whatever it will be called)? I am not definitely sure if I'll get one, but it would be nice to have one.

Assuming the game lineup isn't terrible sooner or later.

I'm not one for buying consoles day one but it's probably inevitable I get the NX.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
I still feeling pretty burned by the Wii U, so chances are I'll wait until late into its lifespan to pick one up.

Unless we get a proper console Fire Emblem game. That would be tempting.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Probably won't take long for me to get one. Either going to wait for the initial price drop or get it on black Friday depending on what they got out then.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
It'll have a new Smash, 3D Mario, Mario Kart and Zelda.
Yes, I'll be getting it.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
Perhaps not on launch unless my family pulls out the stops and snags one for the holidays.

In the faaar future, it's probably going to happen. I usually end up buying Nintendo consoles at the end of the day

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Only got my Wii U last November so its unlikely I'll buy the NX too soon, perhaps after waiting a couple years...still haven't played everything I want to play on my Wii U before packing it up...especially with a few decent titles still on the way like Zelda U and SFZ...

However if the game lineup is incredible (FFVIIR, Metroid Prime 4, ME Andromeda, Smash 5, F-Zero NX, etc) then it may entice me to buy it sooner...

D

Deleted member

Probably not right away but eventually yes I probably will. What can I say the NX will probably win me over. Especially if a new Smash, Mario, Splatoon, and Pokken is on it. So eventually yes I will pick up the NX.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I bought the 3DS and Wii U pretty shortly after they were released, which was a pretty bad move on my part. Their lineup at the time wasn't that good, really. I had to play DS games for my 3DS, and Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U for the Wii U. My first 3DS game was Star Fox 64 3D, which would have been more fun if I had played it locally with some friends. I also bought The Amazing Spiderman and Sonic Generations, both of which were played only for a while. The only games that I plan on playing on my 3DS to this day is Animal Crossing, Mario Kart 7, and Pokemon X. Basically the games that have online features. For Wii U, it was nothing but Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U until Mario Kart 8, which was fun. Then I got Smash 4, then Splatoon, and now I'm waiting for Lost Reavers. If the new Paper Mario was any good, I'd most definitely buy it. But judging from its trailer, I'll think I'll pass. I'll also wait until the day Mario Party gets online, and the revival of various Mario sports like Super Mario Baseball, Strikers, and Hoops. Tennis and Golf are okay, but I think there should be a little more variety in the Mario sports section.

To put it simply, I'll see what their initial lineup is. If it's good, I'll buy the NX along with the game(s) I like. If it's bad, I'll continue saving up until one or two NX games catch my attention.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Joining this line of conversation -
Probably won't be a day-one buyer of the NX. There are some criteria I'd like to see fulfilled:
+Strong launch games and promise of some excellent games in it's life (Such as Smash Bros, Splatoon, Zelda, Mario, Metroid... Also, can we have some series revived on it? F-Zero NX? )
+The price and what other accessories it might need.
+Have I worked hard enough for it?
+A platform that's accessible to players and developers that want to make games for it.
+Power of the console, graphically and memory wise. (Which, according to rumours, suggest it could be pretty powerful.)
+What games/hardware can I trade towards it when I go to pick it up?

Nintendo has to know that this coming E3 could be the one that makes or breaks it. Let's hope that behind the scenes they've pulled out the stops and seek to win the audience that has become swayed with them over the past year.

D

Deleted member

The other thing is the price Wii U was in the 350$ range when it first came out, I predict NX might be as well getting some money saved up or waiting a price cut happens would be ideal. All the same everyone planning to get NX I hope we all can eventually get it and the games we want.

Good luck to you guys when you do decide to get it and hope you get all the games you want and enjoy the system.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Give me a solid launch window and show some sign of good support for its early years, then I would buy it. I would not want this to be a repeat of the Wii U's abysmal release.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure. If it has a good lineup of games then I'll consider it and even then I won't buy it on launch.

I most likely will. However, I won't buy it on launch, unless there's really good launch titles. I don't want to repeat the same mistake I did with Wii U and 3DS (I shouldn't have bought either on launch).

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Chances are I will definitely be buying the NX.

However I don't know when exactly I'll be buying it. I could buy it on Launch date and get Zelda NX with it, or I could just settle for Zelda U and wait till another game is announced that I would really want. After all I only bought my Wii U for Smash and Wind Waker HD (mostly Smash though). I'm sure they'll have future games at some point that I will want to get my hands on. Only time will tell really.

It doesn't hurt to have it just in case.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I can pretty safely say I'll get it. Have owned every other Nintendo console.

Even if it only has new Mario and Zelda U.

Guess I'm just easy to please haha

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Yeah, I always get the newest nintendo console, no matter how bad it may be...

(I do hope, however, there's more couch Co-Op games, stuff like RttDL and stuff like that. Those are always really fun.)

D

Deleted member

I wonder what the price will be I know I'll definetly be picking NX up esspescially if there's a new Smash, Splatoon, and Mario. Probably around $370-$400 dollar range. Well better start saving up money.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
If they go back to cartridges i'm nearly sold on the future collector value alone.

I'd probably buy most if not all first party titles.

Nintendo just needs to put more dev time into their games, no excuse for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash to have less content than Mario Tennis 64.

cornandbeans

Smash Cadet
all these kids be like "uh...let me wait and see how good it is" when they know they be buying it on launch day rofl

OmniGuardian

Smash Cadet
I'll be buying it the day there is a game I want to play on it. Hopefully that's launch day.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Not at launch. The quality of Nintendo's games have significantly gone down in the past two years, with numerous low budget rushed titles with little to no content. If the launch games follow the same trend, then there is no why I am buying the system.

D

Deleted member

I will, but I most likely won't get it on launch. I don't want to spend something like $400 on a console.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Not at launch. The quality of Nintendo's games have significantly gone down in the past two years, with numerous low budget rushed titles with little to no content. If the launch games follow the same trend, then there is no why I am buying the system.
...Drawing a blank here. Mario Tennis U, and what else?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Chibi Robo Zip Lash?
I guess... Platformers are inherently really short, though I haven't played the game so I wouldn't know if it was like half as long as NSMB or something.

Still only two games though, and it's not like Nintendo's never made a bunch of short games in a row before. Early GC games like Pikmin 1, Luigi's Mansion and Wario World come to mind.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
...Drawing a blank here. Mario Tennis U, and what else?
Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, Mario Party 10, Splatoon (at launch), and Hyrule Warriors Legends, in addition to several other games that while decent, aren't anything amazing and mostly re use assets or have other issues such as M&LPJ, Star Fox Zero, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, and The legend of Zelda: Triforce heroes.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'll get one at some point. I know there will be sequels to my most beloved franchises sooner or later so I'll get it for that reason alone. What I wish they would get through their heads at Ninty is that they don't need a gimmick to get me to buy their console. I will buy their console just for the fact that no one else has Mario/Zelda/AC/Metroid/etc.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, Mario Party 10, Splatoon (at launch), and Hyrule Warriors Legends, in addition to several other games that while decent, aren't anything amazing and mostly re use assets or have other issues such as M&LPJ, Star Fox Zero, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, and The legend of Zelda: Triforce heroes.
I don't really understand what the problem with MP10 was... The single player modes were always garbage in MP. I see it more as trimming the fat then anything else. The casual audience prefers the car, so it stayed.

Splatoon had content from the first half a year on the disk from the get-go. That's just a business model to keep people coming back and keep interest in the game, and it's clearly working.

Amiibo Festival I won't defend and I haven't heard a word about Hyrule Warriors Legends, but there's legitimately no problems with Paper Jam, Starfox, TPHD and TfH.

D

Deleted member

I ain't getting it launch and I gotta save money but. Hopefully I get it eventually.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Nintendo doesn't really interest me anymore so hell no lol. But that might change later, depends on what kind of games they release for it.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Nintendo will have to mess up the entire philosophy of the NX very, very badly between now and March 2017 for me not to get one at launch.

Worst case scenario in my mind, it's a glorified lovechild between a cell phone and the PlayStation Vita.

Best case scenario, it's a glorified lovechild between the GameCube gaming philosophy and the PlayStation 4.

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know for certain that once Smash or Mario Maker 2 (we all know it's happening) drop, I'll be picking it up, and that new Sonic game that was announced for it looks sick, that'll be in the collection for certain.

Top Bottom