• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

will you be able to buy it the 10th? or is it just the ship date?

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I don't think UPS/Fed Ex actually ships on that day, so I'm going to guess they will stockpile the game as they did for the Wii itself. Meaning, they will get it earlier than the 10th (probably the same day they get the off-brand strat guide and start selling that).

So yes, I'm thinking you'll be able to buy it on the 10th, Midnight release or not.

Croco

Smash Lord
It is a street date release.. I spoke with a friend who works at EB Games.. they said they are getting it 2 days ahead.

The Director

Smash Lord
^^ Spot on. I think the ship date is the 8th, so rest worry free that you'll get it on the tenth.

The real question is will there be a midnight release?

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
If a store doesn't carry an item on it's release date, it's the store's fault. Try somewhere else if you can't find it.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
I just pre-ordered off Costco.com - got a gift card from work as part of my Christmas bonus. Shipping will take a while but I'm okay with that - free for me!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
If it's not at my local Best Buy on the 10th, I'll drive all around Ontario to find it. I doubt there will be a problem, though.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
I seem to recall that everytime a game is to be released on a Sunday, you can buy it that day. Most recent example was Pokemon D/P earlier this year

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I had been worried the Wal-Mart at the nearest town might not get it in for February 10th, but after reading these posts, I am positive that it will be on the store's shelves on the 10th, so as long as it isn't sold out, I'll be getting it the very day it is released.

*crosses fingers* I really hope I don't get there to see that it is out of stock, that is the latest thing for me to worry about of Brawl, that, and if Lucario will be playable, he is my most wanted character, but since my second most wanted character is playable (Charizard), then it won't be as bad as it would've before August 13th.

Anyways, back on topic. Stores should get in copies of Super Smash Bros. Brawl in time for February 10th (most like 1-3 days before, probably not before then, and sure as heck hope not after then), I plan on getting it on the day of it's release, and then seeing how fast I can unlock all of the characters.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Whenever I try to get a game on the release date the stores always tell me that it's the ship date and they'll have it in a day or two...

I certainly don't want this to happen with brawl as February 10th is a Sunday :(

jamesss

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, what about in Canada...do you think we'll still get it on the 10th...I ended up getting Galaxy a day or two after the release date

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
the gamestop i go to gets it on the 7th and starts selling it on the 10th
That's wierd,because the Gamestop i go to said they will get it on the 7th and sell it on the 10th

EDIT-Luckily me and my friend pre-ordered brawl, so we have hakuna-matatta(from the Lion King)LOL.We even plan to camp out in front of gamestop.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Since I got overnight shipping from EBgames (which said I would get the game on December 3rd) I wonder if I will get the game on the ship date then, instead of the store sale date? I doubt it, but I certainly wouldn't complain XD

Axle15

Smash Rookie
When I pre-ordered, then said that the game was pushed back until the 18th(of March) ... or was it the first of March? He said one of the two dates anyways... So unless the store (ebgames) has no idea what they're talking about, or that's when THEY get, it's looking like I won't be able to get it on the 10th.

Tpoto

Smash Cadet
I went to my EB games and preordered mine. And for the mid night release, they said there is only one if there are a certain amount of preorders, like 2/3 of there stock or something. So some stores will ahve midnight some won't (for eb games anyways...)

friskykillface

Smash Cadet
I hope I can pick it up on the tenth, I want it the first day it comes out. I will try every store to see if its in stock, if they don't have it.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
If it's not at my local Best Buy on the 10th, I'll drive all around Ontario to find it. I doubt there will be a problem, though.
Best Buy doesn't actually start selling games until a few days after they should. It happened to me with MKDS, and I've heard other stories about them...Good luck driving around.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
My Gamestop always gets it out 1-2 days after release, so, no.
IDK why though, the only thing they ever have on-time was Pokemon D/P

Draenic gamer

Smash Cadet
When would my order come in if I got overnight shipping from gamestop/ebgames.com?(I had to ask, you guys seem so knowledgeable!)

iMichael

Smash Lord
My gamestop will get it on the 10th and will not release it until the 11th or 12th....so stupid I swear.

Coselm

Smash Ace
I'm going to try to bribe a Gamestop guy with a Washington to get my Brawl on the 9th.

But It depends on what store, and where you are.

Mine is getting it on the 10th, but I don't know about a midnight release I need to ask soon.

Svatos

Smash Cadet
I wanted to buy from future shop, because i have a gift card but on the site it says it is avalible on Jan 4 2008, but later says it releases 30 Sep/08.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Do you live in Europe?

I should ask Gamecrazy... but they and gamestop always seem to get things a day or two after the release date...

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Do you live in Europe?

I should ask Gamecrazy... but they and gamestop always seem to get things a day or two after the release date...

My Gamestop always gets things on time. They released Call of Duty 4 two days early, and said they might do it with Brawl. Last I heard they were only doing a midnight launch, so I'll have to check.

Top Bottom