• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will they add stadium and returning modes on the day 1 patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedKnightMC

Smash Cadet
Do you think that they will add Stadium, Coin Battle and Stage Builder on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on the day 1 patch?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If they were going to be in the day one patch we would have heard about it from the November Smash Direct.

Whether or not we'll get them at all is debatable if you ask me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We likely won't get those game modes right off the bat. Future software updates could bring them back, but as Smash 3DS / Wii U has shown us, DLC does not receive any challenge objectives.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
Maybe...
I wish they add 3v3 online and squad strike online...
They could even add 8 player smash online if they wanted, but lag could be very present to many players, and I think they wanna keep these features for local gameplay (which is a bad practice to me from Nintendo, limitating modes to local gameplay).

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I doubt it. They would have talked about that before hand and it’s really not Nintnedo’s style to have a big day one patch with content. Those sorts of things make the game feel more incomplete, and they want all the focus on Ultimate possible as their big end of 2018 game, and want that focus to be positive.

Down the line? Sure, I don’t see why we couldn’t potentially get a free content update that added new modes.

Until one dude supppsedly leaked things, this was never even a consideration. And so far, I’ve seen nothing else to suggest a big day one patch is in the works.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
The day 1 patch will very likely be last second rebalancing and bug fixes. Hell, I am willing to bet they are even tweaking that patch right now...I DO hope like at maybe E3, after a couple DLC dudes have dropped, that they announce a nice bundle of extra fun bits coming to smash. Melee style break the targets. board the platforms. home run contest. etc...

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Realist AIM: No day one patch. If there is it’ll be of something simple. Like a spirit or something really minor.

Dreamer AIM: Guys listen to me, this is gonna happen. So get this....The day one patch is one hidden character. Sakurai is going to pull off the greatest secret in Smash history!

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Samurai confirmed that the Day 1 patch is going to happen, but he said absolutely nothing about new modes in it. (Actually, I think he said that it will just be bug fixes, but I'm not completely sure I'm remembering it correctly; I just saw the comment mentioned in passing.)

Last edited:

TheRedKnightMC

Smash Cadet
Samurai confirmed that the Day 1 patch is going to happen, but he said absolutely nothing about new modes in it. (Actually, I think he said that it will just be bug fixes, but I'm not completely sure I'm remembering it correctly; I just saw the comment mentioned in passing.)
Rumor about extra modes https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...t-have-a-day-1-patch-unlock-some-modes.82959/
https://www.thenerdmag.com/rumor-day-1-update-to-unlock-super-smash-bros-ultimate-hidden-modes/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom