• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will there be a tribute to Satoru Iwata in SSBU?

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
From what I understand, Iwata and Sakurai were pretty close friends. Do you think that Sakurai will have some kind of tribute to Iwata in Ultimate? If so, what do you think it should be?

(I just had a random thought and was curious to see how others might feel about this)

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure. But I think it would be great if there was. I feel Sakurai should include some sort of tribute if he and Iwata were close friends.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I've been thinking about what if Sakurai put in only one secret character this time: Balloon Fighter.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I've been thinking about what if Sakurai put in only one secret character this time: Balloon Fighter.
This has been my thought since 2015.
Balloon Fight, aside from being one of the more unique games of the NES era, was the de facto child of Iwata.
We have seen Sakurai honor other creators, I have long suspected we would see him honor his mentor.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I want him to be the default Mii for the swordsman tbh. What a tribute that would be!

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I absolutely expect there to be a tribute to Iwata within this game, he contributed to all previous Smash games and was good friends with not only Sakurai but many Nintendo employees in general. It's sad to realize that he didn't live to see Ultimate come to fruition, but I know he's smiling from above regardless.

NoahAbc12345

Smash Rookie
NNID
NoahAbc12345
3DS FC
0533-7503-7099
Switch FC
SW-6610-5519-8798
I can totally see a special spot for him at the end of the credits, like everyone else is saying, or, maybe a secret easter egg hinting at him on one of the stages.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I think it would be more likely if he had a hand in helping to make the game. Though he certainly helped in making the games the characters within came from, so there's a chance I think.

Top Bottom