• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will samus be buffed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I only played a couple matches yesterday, here are some things I found:

• You can still zair out of airdodge and it still had no lag landing. You can effectively airdodge into the ground and then cut the lag with Z.
  • I like her nair better than brawl's nair. I felt like I could hit with it more reliably and it has more knockback than brawl nair.
  • The new pivot tilt felt really good with her long ftilt.
  • Downsmash hit opponents away, kind of like how a fsmash or ftilt would. I don't remember the % I landed it but the knockback is prob inbetween ftilt and fsmash.
  • Like everyone else said, missiles seem pretty bad. No missile cancel.
  • I did a rising short hop fair and had a ton of lag when I landed.

That's all I can remember for now. Overall, I liked playing as her in the demo.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I only played a couple matches yesterday, here are some things I found:

• You can still zair out of airdodge and it still had no lag landing. You can effectively airdodge into the ground and then cut the lag with Z.
  • I like her nair better than brawl's nair. I felt like I could hit with it more reliably and it has more knockback than brawl nair.
  • The new pivot tilt felt really good with her long ftilt.
  • Downsmash hit opponents away, kind of like how a fsmash or ftilt would. I don't remember the % I landed it but the knockback is prob inbetween ftilt and fsmash.
  • Like everyone else said, missiles seem pretty bad. No missile cancel.
  • I did a rising short hop fair and had a ton of lag when I landed.

That's all I can remember for now. Overall, I liked playing as her in the demo.
It's Rohins!

That's unfortunate about the missiles. It seems Samus is going to be more about close-combat than long distance (with the exception of z-air). I wonder if z-air still remains unaffected by continuous use (4% in general, 7% with the tipper).

In a video I saw in the Samus room yesterday in another thread, I noticed the person seemingly DI'ing as he used f-air. Is DI still in the game? Also, do you think the Charge Shot is telegraphed like it was in SSBB?

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
It's Rohins!

That's unfortunate about the missiles. It seems Samus is going to be more about close-combat than long distance (with the exception of z-air). I wonder if z-air still remains unaffected by continuous use (4% in general, 7% with the tipper).

In a video I saw in the Samus room yesterday in another thread, I noticed the person seemingly DI'ing as he used f-air. Is DI still in the game? Also, do you think the Charge Shot is telegraphed like it was in SSBB?
I didn't pay attention to any decay in damage or knock back but the zair does have both tipper and non-tipper hits still.

Also didn't mess with charge shot much and didn't get hit much to test DI outside of items. People have been mentioning that SDI is out or really hard to do in the demo.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well, I'd like to give this game a try. I think I might also use Zamus as well, since she is her own character, and since this will be a new experience.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
Her Up-B is amazing. Lots of KO potential. The recovery time after landing isnt bad at all and if youre hit during your freefall and the opponent is close, a NAIR is just as rewarding as another UP-B if theyre close enough.

vozas

Smash Rookie
Well, whether Samus is buffed or not, I'm all for her anyway. That's loyalty for you.
This. I love this series but I will never main another character. I've stuck with her for better and for worse and did more than OK.

With that said, I'm uber excited about the obviously increased knockback potential on most of her moves.

Honestly don't give a sh*t about Melee's bugs. I think this may be the ultimate version of SSB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom