• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Rosalina be in smash 5?

Gravitational23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gravitational23
I know smash 4 hasn't even came out yet but I was wondering when smash 5 is coming out will Rosalina be cut or be in the game?

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Assuming we get a Smash 5, I don't see any reason that she would be cut. She's popular enough right now to warrant her inclusion, and she's only going to get more and more relevant. Especially if people are right about the next 3D Mario game being Galaxy 3.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Her moveset pretty much guarantees she will be here forever.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Rosalina's uniqueness and design warrant my opinion that she isn't going anywhere. Although, I do wonder if there is another character that she could compete with when Smash 5 comes around....it's possible.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She better not leave. I want Smash 5 Mario reps (Including DK, Yoshi, and Wario) to be Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Bowser Jr, Donkey, Diddy, Yoshi, and Wario(hopefully it happens in Smash 4 instead though).

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina's popularity has been doing nothing but growing in the past few years. If it keeps going at the rate it's been going, she's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Tenshi-kun

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-5951-1874
It pretty much depends on whether or not some new Mario game in the future will have another princess-esque character that will shove Rosalina out of the lime light. If Galaxy 3 IS confirmed, then it seems she's going to stay anyway.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Who knows. It's plausible. If they cut for room for newcomers, I would say she could be cut.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
She better not leave. I want Smash 5 Mario reps (Including DK, Yoshi, and Wario) to be Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Bowser Jr, Donkey, Diddy, Yoshi, and Wario(hopefully it happens in Smash 4 instead though).
If they still don't add ANY new DK reps by smash five then i will be extremely confused lol

And yeah I don't see a reason why Rosalina would be cut. She's extremely unique.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, no. They won't remove the character who is objectively the most unique playstyle in the entire franchise, let alone when she is from Nintendo's flagship series, and LET ALONE the fact she represents what is widely considered to be the apex of the Mario series to date. Even if her popularity or appearances in spin-offs/main Mario games declined, it wouldn't change how special she is. Plus, she's flat out the most interesting character with in the main series, she's the only one who is fully fleshed out in the main series itself.

Mark Helsing

Smash Rookie
There's an ocean of characters they could cut before Rosalina. Since her introduction Rosalina's basically averaged out to being in a game a year, so she's in the public's eye a lot more than a good chunk of the other cast members.

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
Hard to say because there seems to be no pattern of whats to be dropped and whats kept.

Ice Climbers were pretty unique in their control scheme. Difficult but unique. Rosalina definitely seems different in her control scheme to warrant keeping her.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's hard to say either way. If Nintendo does continue to use her for future Mario games, then I don't see any reason why she shouldn't be a veteran fighter for the fifth Smash Bros. game (if there's gonna be a Smash Bros. 5).

andimidna

Smash Master
Technically that's already confirmed as Smash Wii U is being called Smash 5.
However, for Smash 6- also yes.

She is only rising in importance and popularity. After Smash Wii U gets released and is the next big thing for years+... she'll be considered the 5th main Mario character, and she looks to be decent, so why wouldn't she become more popular?
Since Mario gets consistent releases unlike any other, she's bound to have multiple appearances from now to then.

Honestly the only character that I'd be worried about not coming back is Miis and Lucina.
The next console might not have Miis, and they might seem like all the work isn't even worth it. It works now, but things change, just look at Pokemon Trainer. And Lucina not because she's a clone. Well, yea, because she's a clone. She gets a lot of undeserved hate for it. But she'll probably be very popular in tournaments as Marth always has been and Lucina will likely be the preferred style of Marth-- fast, ranged, low lag.
I'd add Wii Fit Trainer too but she's basically ROB #2 now that I think about it, and atm I have no doubts against his return.

Rosaluma forever or riot.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
We still don't know what kind of console that Smash 5 will be in, or what company, or what genre is going to be,we don't even know if Sakurai is going to make it or not.This is a long term plan for Nintendo now, so let's us enjoy Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U for next few years until we've heard the news someday.

But if I want to say that if Rosalina is going to be in the next Smash bros, we've have to know how many reception she gets over the next few years.

So how about making a thread about Smash bros 5? Or is there already one existed?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Hopefully not, but it wouldn't surprise me to see people wanting her to get cut, especially the bitter fans of the other Mario choices.

Based on how the general public (outside this community) reception....

lolyes (edit)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The general public reception to her is actually a lot better than around here, from what I've seen.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina's only controversial around Smashboards because she's not at least 20 years old game debut wise, she's not got an obvious bad*** or feral appearance, and isn't a martial arts using anthropomorphic character.

She's loved pretty much anywhere else, though. In more ways than one.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Oh come on, I'd rather not hear a word about Smash 5.

But anyway, I think Rosalina has a lasting fandom. As long as we keep seeing her in main Mario games, we'll keep seeing her in spinoffs. inb4 she gets her own game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I finally got her in Smash 4/5 (Smash Wii U is technically Smash 5, according to Sakurai). I don't want to even consider the possibility of her being absent in the next game, not after seeing how amazing she is in Smash. There's no logical reason to remove her. Even if she became less "relevant", her play style is too good to give up.

Rosalina will always remain a beloved and memorable Mario character though, so I'm not worried.

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
I can live with her not returning (not that I would like that to happen), but I do think she has a pretty good chance of returning considering she's in frakkin everything these days. The only reasons I could see her not returning is if she suddenly goes into obscurity or another Mario character really takes a spotlight and they decide they want only a maximum of 5 Mario characters.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
With how she's being placed in games now, I don't think she will leave. Of course, at any point in time, they could decide to ditch Rosalina in the Mario games. There are quite a bit of mario characters in smash already.

Now, if the rumors that Rosalina will get her games become true, then Rosalina will probably always stay in Smash. Then she would have to much importance to be discarded.

Top Bottom