• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Pokken come to Wii U?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadcult

Smash Cadet
If you guys haven't heard, Pokken is a Tekken-like fighting game with Pokémon. Not just fighting type though. Any Pokémon that can throw some punches could be featured. But anyways, since Pokémon is one of Nintendo's flagship franchises, do you guys think it will come to Wii U? It's coming to arcades first but I'm just wondering if there is any reason they wouldn't eventually release it. If anyone has any sources claiming they will or won't, that would be great.

Edit: Sorry mods, just realized there is a Pokémon area on the forums right after I posted. And a thread on Pokken as well. :estatic:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm assuming yes, eventually. After all, if I remember correctly, it was a universal announcement and not just Japan, right? If so, then it must be coming to Wii U, as arcades are practically non-existent in the US (:() and other places.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
It won't come out right away, but really, why wouldn't it come out to the WiiU? There's no reason at all why it wouldn't.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Tekken's tradition has been to release the games first in arcades first and then home consoles about a year later. Usually the home versions also feature new additions like characters.

Hopefully Pokken follows this route.

finalark

SNORLAX
Pokken will probably go to arcades first which Namco will use to test for bugs and balance issues and then in 2016 we'll get a Wii U version with a few new bells and whistles on it. As far as I know this is normally how Namco does things, I know they did that with SC for a while before it stopped getting arcade releases.

Or maybe next E3 we'll get a surprise announcement for a simultaneous home console release that has some form of compatibility with the arcade version like how F-Zero GX has connectivity with F-Zero AX, which GX was basically the home port of. Who knows? The possibilities are endless!

deadcult

Smash Cadet
I'm excited but also kind of mad since realistically we probably won't get this till 2016. 2015 is already packed with big Wii U releases. This should be a good game to sell some more Wii Us to the Poke-fans though.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, I'm going to ask that you pick up this discussion in the Pokken thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom