• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will NX have Smash 4?

TryrushDeppy

Smash Apprentice
A quick and dirty Virtual Console release of a previous Smash game (maybe it'll be time for Brawl to get one?) is probably a more likely method for Nintendo to get Smash's foot in the door on the new system. Giving Smash 4 the quality of port it deserves would necessitate reuniting most of the development team from the 3DS/Wii U versions, the last of whom are disbanding once the final patch goes out three days from now. Sakurai is going to take a lengthy, well-deserved break from the series, perhaps permanently passing the torch to someone else, and the other devs must also be really sick of working on Smash at this point.

Last edited:

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
YO! Bandai Namco leaks came out this week announcing Smash NX, and it's gonna be Smash 4 with up-ressed graphics released as a launch title for NX. who called it, me, now who wants some stock tips? LOL GET SOME

finalark

SNORLAX
YO! Bandai Namco leaks came out this week announcing Smash NX, and it's gonna be Smash 4 with up-ressed graphics released as a launch title for NX. who called it, me, now who wants some stock tips? LOL GET SOME
You got some sauce with that pasta?

Nein01

Smash Rookie
I've been following the NX rumors from a news alert I set up, and the recent stories about Smash coming to NX as a launch title have me really excited. I skipped purchasing the Wii U (like most people did), but now I'm really excited to own a console again. Playing smash on a 3DS just doesn't cut it for me.

I theorize that there will never be another "new" smash game released. From this point on, all of the latest smash content would be downloadable - stages, characters, even single player modes that have been omitted somewhere along the way (board the platforms, race to the finish, target test, etc.).

That would make sense to me, anyway. Smash just isn't the kind of game that needs to be completely remade for a new console, and since consoles as we know them are on the way out anyway (with "platforms" taking over), porting Smash 4 to the NX and letting DLC enhance it from now on would a be pretty logical decision.

I also think Nintendo will finally get online gaming right with the NX, and there have been plenty of rumors suggesting that while the NX is a console in the physical sense, the way it operates will be closer to how Steam works, where you can download any game developed for the NX "platform", manage your data over Nintendo's servers, and connect to friends in a way that actually makes sense (no more stupid friend codes).

In any case, I'm glad Nintendo seems to have learned from the Wii U's failure and are taking the future of video games seriously now. Ideally, there would be no more proprietary hardware, only software developers making games for whatever platform will have them. That would take a bit of the stranglehold that publishers now have on the industry away and give more influence over the availability of successful titles back to the players, benefiting us and the original content creators more directly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think you have a point Sma4sh is so complete there maybe no more they can do to add as characters so remaking it might be what they do we'll soon see.

TryrushDeppy

Smash Apprentice
Calling it now, Katsuhiro Harada is going to permanently take over from Sakurai starting with the next game. He'll make sure that a Tekken guest character gets in as well.

You're kidding yourself if you think there won't be a Smash 5 on NX. Definitely not at launch though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well he seems like a good person with Expirience on fighting games so he qualifies. Masahiro Sakurai will always be the best person who ever developed Smash to me but Katsuhirp Harada could do wonders, if he stats true to Sakurai's vision adds some new stuff and characters then it'll be good but it should stay true to the core gameplay, and maybe some changes on some modes here and there, movesets too not too much. As far as characters I don't care who he adds considering I like all characters and DLC in Sma4sh I'll be golden no matter who it is but I do hope for King K. Rool and Inklings.

TryrushDeppy

Smash Apprentice
If managing Smash would be too much of a drain on Harada when he's already the figurehead of Tekken, I wonder if Daichi Katagiri is still around. There aren't any more Virtua Fighter games getting made, and there's already a VF connection in Smash with the Akira + Jacky Mii costumes and Bayo's Tetsuzanko.

Top Bottom