• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Kirby keep copy abilities after his FS?

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman

In the games, Cook Kirby was a copy ability in and of itself, so does that stand to reason that Kirby will automatically give up his already-achieved copy ability upon using a smash ball?

Fossilized Ursidae

Smash Apprentice
yes. and kirby will lose his hat when he uses his down special, up special, and side special too, becuase these are all copy abilities as well. /sarcasm

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
What would be cool but unlikely is if Kirby would take on the Final Smash of the character who he sucked up, and the cook Kirby would be the default Kirby's smash. Again... cool, but unlikely. But, I'd LOL if it did. Samus Kirby's final smash conversion into ZSK (Zero Suit Kirby). Giga Kir-bowser. Etc.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
I don't know. I always kind of imagined that maybe the hat would fall off and he could just get it back again by picking it up?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Here's something probably no one has mentioned before (because it's easy to forget/notice):

If you get a Super Mushroom or a Poison Mushroom, your size will change in Brawl as it did in Melee. But if you use your Final Smash, it cancels out the effects and restores you to normal status.

I doubt this will be applied to Kirby's Copy, so he's keep his Hat, but an interesting factoid none-the-less.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
do you lose all positive effects from items upon using a FS? such as bunny ears or the franklin badge? I guess a giant or metal gigabowser would be a bit much....

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
Here's something probably no one has mentioned before (because it's easy to forget/notice):

If you get a Super Mushroom or a Poison Mushroom, your size will change in Brawl as it did in Melee. But if you use your Final Smash, it cancels out the effects and restores you to normal status.

I doubt this will be applied to Kirby's Copy, so he's keep his Hat, but an interesting factoid none-the-less.
I did see a thread on this a while back. It might be still active on the Bowser Boards. I'm curious to see Mushroom-Giant_Brawl-Giga-Bowser, though.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Kirby doesn't loose his copied characters ability every time he uses Hammer, Stone, Fire, Cutter, etc. which were separate abilities in his games, so I don't see why this would be any different. Of course, it may be different due to the "epic status" that Final Smashes are supposed to have, but I wouldn't like it that much.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
From what I remember, Kirby could only lose his copy when he takes alot of heat or does his taunt. I doubt a FS will remove his copy hat.

Top Bottom