• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Kirby be able to copy customized moves?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Forgive me if this question has already been asked, but it's something that was on my mind. We know that moves can be customized, but I wanna know if Kirby can copy these customized moves, or if he'll use the un-customized version no matter what.

What are your thoughts? Do you think he'll be able to copy custom moves? Would you like it if he was able to?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Maybe at E3 we'll get more details on this mode. Just as pure conjecture, though? I think Kirby will use the non-custom version. Maybe they'll program all the extra specials for Kirby, but they've already got a lot of work cut out for themselves. It would be incredibly useful to use Marth's rocket-like Shield Breaker against him, though!

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Well, so far the Customized Specials seem to use the same animations as the normal ones, so it would be fairly easy to implement in Kirby's copy ability.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It seems plausible enough. Though having the programming for one character might not effect the others. Still, I could see it happening.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna take a guess that Kirby's copy not going to be changed based on victim's customization.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i would think so. its a COPY ability. if you swallowed mario who is using fire orb, why would kirby get standard fire balls? i mean, mario is not using fire balls, and kirby copied mario and will get the ability that mario posses. and that ability is currently fire orb.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
The reason I mainly say yes is because of Palutena and Miis. They both have the ability to completely change their neutral special moves, and it would be strange if Kirby didn't get the move that they use.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Well, to be fair, when this thread was made, we didn't have Miis or Palutena yet.

I will say, however, that I've changed my mind. I think Kirby will indeed copy the custom version of the special move. I must say, however, that I sympathize with Sakurai in that regard. That's a lot of work! Sakurai has said repeatedly that adding new characters is more like multiplication than addition, and Kirby illustrates that better than anyone.

I mean, sure, they don't have to remake Wii Fit Trainer's Sun Salutation projectile again, but they do need to have an animation for Kirby to use, a hat to wear, and foolproof code that allows Kirby to borrow the move properties of another on-screen character. I think you could argue that Kirby is easily the most complex character in Smash to make.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Well, to be fair, when this thread was made, we didn't have Miis or Palutena yet.

I will say, however, that I've changed my mind. I think Kirby will indeed copy the custom version of the special move. I must say, however, that I sympathize with Sakurai in that regard. That's a lot of work! Sakurai has said repeatedly that adding new characters is more like multiplication than addition, and Kirby illustrates that better than anyone.

I mean, sure, they don't have to remake Wii Fit Trainer's Sun Salutation projectile again, but they do need to have an animation for Kirby to use, a hat to wear, and foolproof code that allows Kirby to borrow the move properties of another on-screen character. I think you could argue that Kirby is easily the most complex character in Smash to make.
He's also the greatest. ALL HAIL OVERLORD KIRBY!

Though it'll be interesting to use people's custom moves against them.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
in one of palutena's pics on the website, she is seen holding her staff up. she does this exact pose when using heavenly light, which according to the famitsu maganzine, is not her original special. next to her kirby is seen using her power which seems to be a similar stance like hers. based on this, i think kirby can use customizable moves from other characters.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I get the feeling he'll just always use a default move for each character. Usually his moves had minor differences from the original move that he stole, anyway. Usually they'll be smaller/faster than the original move.

The reason I mainly say yes is because of Palutena and Miis. They both have the ability to completely change their neutral special moves, and it would be strange if Kirby didn't get the move that they use.
In Brawl, when Kirby stole Olimar's power, his neutral B was different than Olimar's. Not to mention that when he swallows Rosalina, his neutral B doesn't work exactly the same as hers since he doesn't have a Luma to control.

I think as long as the move is based off of the character, then it'd be fine. In the original Kirby games, he usually didn't steal a specific attack from enemies, but rather just changed his form into 'Sword Kirby' or whatever, as long as he ate a sword-user enemy.

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
I get the feeling he'll just always use a default move for each character. Usually his moves had minor differences from the original move that he stole, anyway. Usually they'll be smaller/faster than the original move.

In Brawl, when Kirby stole Olimar's power, his neutral B was different than Olimar's. Not to mention that when he swallows Rosalina, his neutral B doesn't work exactly the same as hers since he doesn't have a Luma to control.

I think as long as the move is based off of the character, then it'd be fine. In the original Kirby games, he usually didn't steal a specific attack from enemies, but rather just changed his form into 'Sword Kirby' or whatever, as long as he ate a sword-user enemy.
As much as I'd love to see Kirby use his victims custom moves, I think this is the most reasonable response.

Top Bottom