• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will it Blend? (A Gen V RMT)

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Hello thar, guys. So, like most of us, I've been playing on PO, testing out some stuff in Gen 5. I settled with this team, and it's been going pretty good for me. Been winning many of my matches and stuff. I just decided to ask your opinion on this team and how it could be improved (obv not perfect).

Anyway.
Overview

The team is meant to set up a Terakion sweep. Nattorei/Shandera/Porygon2 spread status, set up Rocks, and stop opposing threats. Voltolos Taunts leads and stops them from setting up while dealing nice damage. Garchomp punches holes in the opponents team and revenges stuff. Terakion sweeps.

The Team Itself

@ Life Orb
Timid / Mischievous Heart
4 HP/ 252 Sp. Att / 252 Speed
~Taunt
~Thunderbolt
~Volt Change
~Hidden Power (Ice)

So this is my lead. He's pretty good, with trollish Speed and pretty nice Special Attack. He taunts with Mischievous Heart as slower pokes (or others without his ability) try to set up. Volt Change for momentum, Thunderbolt for STAB, HP Ice for the pseudo BoltBeam combo. I can see Erufuun being troublesome for this dude since he can't Taunt it and it can U-turn or start Subseeding. HP Ice sure can deal damage, but I'm not sure if it can KO. Ground-types switching into Volt Change is also a problem, which is why I've been thinking of replacing it with U-turn, but STAB Volt Change is so alluring...

@ Leftovers
Sassy / Iron Barbs
252 HP / 60 Def / 196 Special Def [Speed IV 0]
~Thunder Wave
~Power Whip
~Gyro Ball
~Stealth Rock

Part 1 of my defensive core (or w/e). Grass/Steel is such an awesome combo and he resists so much stuff. Granted, Fire/Fighting is kind of damaging, but that's dealt with. Sets of Rocks and can deal good damage with Gyro Ball and Power Whip. Thunder Wave is for those who think they can try and set up on me. It still causes problems, such as against Scizor who can just Bullet Punch. He can't do much unless it's a Swords Dance version.

@ Leftovers
Bold / Flash Fire
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Def
~Will-o-Wisp
~Flamethrower
~Shadow Ball
~Pain Split

The other part of my defensive core. He's immune to both of Natterei's weaknesses and can strike back with a damaging Flamethrower or Shadow Ball. Being this defensively bulky means he can survive a Tyranitar's Pursuit and burn it. He can also burn Doruyuzu if it stays in (sorry if I mis-spelled that) and Swords Dances, but that's a stretch. It also still packs a lot of power, so it can still hurt stuff. Only problem is Heatran, who can deal with both Nattorei and Shandera. If it's Scarfed and locked onto Fire Blast though, Shandera can attack the switch in.

@ Evolution Stone
Calm / Trace
252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Sp. Def
~Discharge
~Ice Beam
~Toxic
~Recover

Porygon2 w/ Evolution Stone. This dude's pretty bulky and helps me deal with a lot of Pokemon. It can revenge Garchomp, too. Boltbeam combo hits a lot of stuff, and Thunder Wave helps me deal with other things as well. Recover helps it stay alive. EV spread is a bit weird, but it works for me.

@ Choice Scarf
Jolly / Sand Veil
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
~Earthquake
~Outrage
~Dragon Claw
~Stone Edge

Dragon Claw is so I don't get locked onto an unfavorable situation. ScarfChomp is so good. It helps me kill a lot of stuff and sports a nice amount of physical power. So... yeah. This team's primary revenge killer.

@ Leftovers
Jolly / Justice Heart
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
~Swords Dance
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
~Close Combat

STAB Close Combat and Stone Edge hurt. It's pretty fast and is my late-game sweeper. Reaches 346 Speed and 357 Attack with this spread, enough to deal a lot of damage. It dies to Mach Punch and Aqua Jet though, Iron Fist Infernape can destroy it if I haven't taken it out (other things can too).

So there's my team. Rate, please? Don't bash me too much, I'm not amazing at team building and this is my first serious RMT.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Use Discharge and Toxic on P2 over Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave.

Works so much better.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Done. Gonna test it out tomorrow since I'm tired and can't function right now.

Toxic since Nattorei has Thunder Wave, done

Top Bottom