• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will DLC characters come with Spirits?

ProudNintendofan

Smash Apprentice
It's something I've been curious about. How will DLC Characters factor into spirits or other things especially since they will most likely be from different series.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
No matter how low effort Spirits are, probably not. They might be added in free updates around the time of the DLC characters, but they are not a part of the pack.

D

Deleted member

Each fighter will probably come with a fighter spirit but that's basically it

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I can see a few. We did get new trophies for Street Fighter and Bayonetta characters when they were released for Smash Wii U. (Also Inkling got a trophy) I would expect at least a fighter Spirit for any pre-established franchise characters getting, but new spirits for new franchises that join.

To explain better, if Verge is correct and Dragon Quest is in, I’d expect at least one or two more Spirits to join due to the game having none from Dragon Quest. Though that seems unlikely given Square’s restrictions, I think you get the point, new completely unrepresentative franchises may have a few spirits to accompany it.

icecooler

Smash Cadet
It'd be sweet but I feel like all the spirits are accounted for in the story mode already

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
hm, giving the rumors of the 1st dlc fighter coming from square i wonder if spirits were not part of the original unveil because this fighter is in the same boat as cloud with every fighter after maybe getting some, would not get my hopes up but something to think about.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'd expect they'd at least come with a fighter spirit. I could also see a few others - remember that Bayo did come with a handful of trophies, and even Ryu brought a Ken trophy along.

I feel it'd be easy enough to pull in a few extra Spirits. I'd assume though that each, if they brought a battle, would only use the vanilla characters or the character they come with.

Top Bottom