• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Bayonetta's Invisible Bullets be Prone to Reflect Attacks?

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I'm talking about the bullets where if you hold down the input on an attack, they shoot out.

Since Fox's Neutral B can be reflected, I have an ominous feeling that this may be true with Bayonetta. Which can mean that Bayonetta vs. Palutena MU is going to be in Palutena's favor regardless. (Just speculating though.)

Last edited:

Tommy - S.N.

http://i.imgur.com/QAKFpPF.gif <--- DAZ ME :]]]
NNID
TheTommy10200
I'm talking about the bullets where if you hold down the input on an attack, they shoot out.

Since Fox's Neutral B can be reflected, I have an ominous feeling that this may be true with Bayonetta. Which can mean that
Bayonetta vs. Palutena MU is going to be in Palutena's favor regardless. (Just speculating though.)
Well in terms of bullet climax, Pit used upperdash arm to reflect the bullets and they momentarily clanked with each others before upper dash arm finished. So i'm taking it as though it would be a stalemate if you're using :4fox:'s reflector.

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
The bullets as you hold down the input of an attack, at least I don't think, will be able to be reflected. In the Smash Presentation, it went right through Link's shield, so I'm thinking they have different mechanics than regular projectiles.

It's entirely possible, though, this is just speculation and sort of unlikely.

Bullet Climax is a different story, it can be reflected, but could it hit Bayonetta..? Pit says no.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The bullets as you hold down the input of an attack, at least I don't think, will be able to be reflected. In the Smash Presentation, it went right through Link's shield, so I'm thinking they have different mechanics than regular projectiles.

It's entirely possible, though, this is just speculation and sort of unlikely.

Bullet Climax is a different story, it can be reflected, but could it hit Bayonetta..? Pit says no.
But what about Dark Pit and his *broken* Electroshock?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It is one of those things not worth wondering about until the character comes out~
:196:

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
A reflector alone won't deter someone from shooting at you, especially with someone so weak as Bayonetta's shots. They appear to have almost no hitstun and Palutena's reflector makes attacks weaker. She would probably reflect 1 shot, then Bayonetta would be interrupted and free to just dash grab her or something.

Palutena still loses to projectile based character already, so I don't see her having much on Bayonetta.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I hope they'll be able to be reflected. They seem to come out pretty fast and shoot fairly far too. If we can't reflect them then I don't know how we'll be able to handle them in some situations.

Bakabridget

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bakabridget
I don't see how the bullets being reflectable would put the matchup in Palutena's favor. The bullets are added to your moves by holding an input, meaning you're likely using them after the attack has made contact with the opponent and they wont be able to react to the bullets.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't see how the bullets being reflectable would put the matchup in Palutena's favor. The bullets are added to your moves by holding an input, meaning you're likely using them after the attack has made contact with the opponent and they wont be able to react to the bullets.
Actually, I feel like firing after an input will be more likely to happen when you're far away from an opponent. After all, in Bayonetta, the extra bullets added to your attacks are mostly there to hit faraway enemies, and I feel like the same sort of logic applies here. While enemies may be in long enough hitstun to justify firing in the middle of a combo in Bayonetta, Smash is a whole 'nother beast. Your opponents won't be in hitstun for long after you hit them, so using your Bullet Arts mid-combo in Smash probably isn't a good idea.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Since Fox's Neutral B can be reflected, I have an ominous feeling that this may be true with Bayonetta. Which can mean that Bayonetta vs. Palutena MU is going to be in Palutena's favor regardless.
Nah Palutena gets eaten up by aggro characters. I highly doubt Bayo will have anything to worry about.

Last edited:

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
I think waiting to see the damage output would be wise before worrying about it. They hit often, and appear to act as an extension of her attack rather than a projectile, so I foresee them doing minuscule amounts that will simply add up over the course of the fight, rather than something to be feared.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Guys, the not-flinching bullets might not even flinch Bae, so it might act as a bait for reflectors, I mean, every reflector except Fox's has a lot of cooldown.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
The same way you handle Fox's laser?
Sorry for the extremely late reply (although I am not sure if that was a rhetorical question or not).

The bullets Bayonetta shoots are released after her moves, and unless I should just leave this thread now I do not think she can shoot them without executing an attack first. This is unlike Fox's lasers, which are projectiles.

I feel her bullets will do very small amounts of damage like it has been stated above. It's entirely possible Bayonetta's smash attacks are relatively weak and those bullets help add on some damage.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I barely understand these moves. So there's the bullets from her attacks, which don't flinch, but then there's her Standard-B Bullet Arts that DO flinch, right? @_@

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Guys, the not-flinching bullets might not even flinch Bae, so it might act as a bait for reflectors, I mean, every reflector except Fox's has a lot of cooldown.
Yeah, if Fox manages to reflect something. If not, regular 34 recovery frames before he can act again.

I barely understand these moves. So there's the bullets from her attacks, which don't flinch, but then there's her Standard-B Bullet Arts that DO flinch, right? @_@
Bullet Arts and Bullet Climax; Bullet Arts are the bullets fired after her attacks if you hold the attack button down while Bullet Climax is her neutral Special. Bullet Arts don't do any hit stun, so they're basically combo extenders purely in damage while Bullet Climax does hit stun and functions more like a sustained Falco Blaster or Ryu Shakunetsu with set knockback.

Invisible Bullets I think is referring to her Bullet Arts... That being said, bullets in general are small so... Look, reflecting her Bullet Arts would be like reflecting Fox's Blaster lasers. You're only getting damage from them and it's not really worth it. Reflecting Bullet Climax would be like reflecting Falco's Blaster or pretty much any non-killing projectile which is more worth it since you can cause hit stun and interrupt them. As projectiles, of course they're prone to reflects, but guess what? They're not worthwhile compared to reflecting kill projectiles like Aura Sphere, Charge Shot, Shadow Ball, Phantom Slash, Lloid Rocket, Mega Man's Side Smash, or Villager's Fair and Bair to name a few. People will reflect them because they don't want damage like how people reflect Fox's lasers, but it's not going to kill either character if they don't reflect or get reflected.

Side note: the Pits' Side Specials don't actually reflect; they deflect like perfect shields do which generally won't hit you since it'll get launched in a different angle away.

Last edited:

Shuckle_SSB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkFire5136
3DS FC
4124-5307-8608
So, simple breakdown. Just don't bother reflecting Bae's projectiles.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I think the main point was already made. Bayo doesn't lose against Palutena because of reflector. She can choose if she wants to fire the no-knockback-shots or not. And her neutral B reflected would at best be reflected and fly upwards(which would mean they wouldn't hit Bayo. Also it was said that the neutral b clanked with Pit's side b, so there is even a possibility of them just disappearing without any negative effect for Bayo.

Also Bayo seems pretty fast in terms of running speed and airmovement. I would think this speed may be enough to give Bayo the advantage in this MU. But then again, everything here at the moment is pure theorycrafting.

Top Bottom