• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will all new characters get Trailers and Posters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Cause if so, that'd be awesome!

Wonder how they'd go? Post your ideas.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If Professor Layton makes it in. They would definitely do a poster like Megaman's. But with the Professor Layton art style and something Layton related happening in it. Such as Layton giving characters puzzles to solve or something. That would be pretty fun to see. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Each new characters could get posters. But I dunno if each will get trailers. That might only happen if say two or more characters were to be revealed at once. Maybe other third parties can get a trailer of their own though.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
if there was one for wii fit trainer, I bet there would be more for the other newcomers.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Considering Sakurai mentioned them on Miiverse, I'd assume posters are a go.

"We have made artwork for new characters joining the battle.
Here's one for the Villager. Isabelle must be surprised."
-Masahiro Sakurai

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Some ideas for slogans in each reveal trailer.

"Little Mac enters the ring."
"King K.Rool Krashes the party!"
"Ridley storms in!"
"Isaac shines with the rest of them!"
"Mewtwo returns!"
"Roy is your boy again!"

nessokman

Smash Lord
No doubt only massive characters will get individual trailers, while the vast majority of others will probably all be in one big video (probably in a direct). Posters for everyone is a must

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No doubt only massive characters will get individual trailers, while the vast majority of others will probably all be in one big video (probably in a direct). Posters for everyone is a must
Wii Fit Trainer got one.

I think everyone's getting one.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I will not be surprised if veterans not revealed at E3 also get trailers and posters, after all why not ? More hype is always welcome, new character or not.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I hope so, just the thought of a Ridley poster (insta-new wallpaper,) and possibly trailer makes my skin crawl.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Hope so.

Would be good if they're put up at the top of the DOJO and we have to actually watch it before finding out.
The way Megaman was revealed was nothing short of epic because we didn't know who it was until it showed him in all of his glory.
Snake, WF Trainer and Villagers video reveals were epic too.

D

Deleted member

Hope so. Mega Man's reveal was absolutely amazing. It hyped me for him even more than I already was.

Frickin' amazing.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
They are very interesting! I love each poster - it captures the feel of the franchise perfectly as well as the character. The mini trailers are great, too! If the WFT trailer wasn't so damn hilarious, I might of been actually disappointed. It was a good laugh.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
After seeing the trailers for the newcomers they have already revealed I really hope there will be one for every other newcomer.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I can see Little Mac's being him standing in the middle of the ring; arms raised in victory as the lights flash and the fans cheer. Laying before him are the unconscious and bruised bodies of Mario, Megaman, Donkey Kong, Fox, and Pit.

His trailer could BR Mario standing in the middle of said ring; arms raised until BAM!! A surprise punch to the face by Little Mac. The punch sends Mario flying off into the standsz. Cue Little Mac!

Violent much?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd love for Little Mac's trailer to reference his (kinda sad) ending in Punch Out Wii.

He's all like minding his business now that he's retired, (perhaps jogging in his pink robes) until he gets the same letter Villager got. Then Mac wrinkles it in his tight grip, and we see him suit up. Throw a couple of punches in the air and then BAM! (at the screen)

Little Mac: Enters the ring.

Then all sorts of awesome match ups: Mario (for being the referee in the original NES), Donkey Kong (for all the cameos, and him being an opponent on Wii), Bowser (for being so much bigger than him), Wii Fit Trainer (it would appear as though she's training him), and then performing his Final Smash (obviously will be Giga Mac

His character symbol would be the two crossed gloves from the W.V.B.A. that appears in the boxing rings in Punch Out (wii)

I have a feeling my hand will have a hard time NOT clicking on the PURCHASE button of Amazon while browsing Wii Us after this trailer. >_<

grizby2

Smash Lord
"Porky uses you as a human shield"
"muddy mole digs into your skin"

............."Ninten ....wait.. who the **** is Ninten? .....really?.... are you seriousl? umm well.. Ninten is..uh..here!" T_T

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I think there will be a trailer for every character, since they made one for the three newcomers. However, those three might have gotten trailers since they made their debut in E3, that's why I'm not really sure. Let's have faith that it'll hopefully happen :)

CalumG

Smash Lord
If this game really does have less newcomers added than Brawl did (which is what Sakurai has been suggesting interviews), I can definitely see each newcomer (unlockable newcomers aside) getting their own trailer - they'll need to spread the hype out a bit, rather than announcing 5 characters at once and then rarely announcing anything. For re-returning characters that would generate hype (Mewtwo, Roy) I could see them doing something similar.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am worried that newcomers from veteran franchise (i.e. Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros.) will not receive the same treatment considering that all three franchises have yet to have a character rep in Smash.

Here are some ideas for a poster and a trailer:

Ridley

Poster: Mario, Samus, Fox, and Villager are on a asteroid in space. They are looking upwards to find, erupting from fire, ash, and smoke, Ridley in all of his glory. The art style would be extremely dark; almost like MvsC3. Dynamic, dark, and full of fear.

Trailer: Mario, Samus, and Fox are walking down a dimly lit corridor in a derelict space station. Except for Samus, they all look absolutely terrified. Samus reassures them with a pat on the shoulders and a thumbs up. However, at that moment, Ridley bursts from underneath them; throwing them high into the air. Ridley laughs and takes his huge tail. Attached to the tail is terrified Villager who is hanging on for dear life. Ridley takes his tail and flings Villagers straight into Samus who both careen off into the dark void of space. Mario and Fox get up to see Ridley peering out from the darkness; full of fear.

The trailer cuts to various game play videos:
Ridley fighting Samus
Ridley burning Mario with his energy ball attack
Showcasing his ability to fly and multiple jumps
His ability to grab opponents from far away with his huge mouth
A taunt
An attack that causes all three characters to become launched up.
Ridley roars and flies towards the camera. Just as he is about to crash into the screen, it pauses abruptly and says "Ridley, Slaughters the Competition!"

Takamaru

Poster: Resembles a Japanese woodblock print but with Link and Takamaru engaged in a epic sword battle; both swords locked in a struggle between the two. In the background, behind Link is Eldin Volcano that is made to resemble Mt. Fuji while, behind Takamaru, is Murasame Castle. Cherry blossom petals fall behind and in front of them in a stylized look.

Trailer: Mario, Wii Fit Trainer, Link, Pit, and Pikachu are sitting in seiza (Japanese way of sitting where you sit on your shins with your butt rested on the balls of your feet) on the floor in a Japanese room. They are holding traditional Japanese cups with green tea in the cups. In front of them, Takamaru is also sitting seiza while calmly drinking the tea, Japanese music (shamisen) can be heard in the background.

However, noticeably so, everyone besides WFT are generally uncomfortable and in pain since seiza can be quite uncomfortable at times (even for Japanese). Link, quivering in pain, falls over and collapses while spilling his tea. Takamaru, his eyebrow twitching, stands up and holds his Katana and rushes at Lin and slashes down with a brilliant arc of light.

The scene shifts to game play where Takamaru showcases several special moves on Link and other characters. He rolls and even vanishes much like a ninja. He also does a taunt and his on-screen appearance. Finally, he performs his Final Smash. The screen goes back and then a unseen sword slashes the screen in half. Takamaru can be seen; his back to the camera. The camera then zooms on to his face as he turns around. Cherry blossoms float behind him. The caption reads "Takamaru, Cuts His Way In!

Palutena

Poster: Palutena is standing on a pillar of stone, her scepter in her hand while holding it high. Light beams shoot out from behind her into the sky. All in all, it is a grand and beautiful scene. Standing next to the pillar ad below Palutena is Link, Pit, and Takamaru; swords drawn and pointing them skywards.

Trailer: Pit can be seen bruised and battered on the ground. Bowser approaches and is about to release a tremendous blast of fire but, suddenly, a light appears. Pit looks up and sees a luminous and shining figure standing before him. The scene then shows Palutena who appears wrapped in light. She takes her scepter, charges it with a ball of light, and slams it into Bowser; launching him high into the sky. Palutena turns to Pit and smiles.

The scene then shifts into game play where Palutena is fighting some characters. She performs some of her special and smash attacks. It also shows her fighting Pit and showcases the Palutena/Pit Codecs. It also how her on-screen appearance. The screen shifts to a bright light and then fades. The camera spins around her body, going upwards and then travels up her arm to the glowing scepter. It then quickly zooms out to just her face and the captions reads "Palutena, The Goddess Releases her Power."

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With people getting antsy for a newcomer I thought I'd dredge this topic back up.

Anyone got any more ideas?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Pretty sure Sakurai said there would be reveal trailers for them all.

It was part of the whole no SSE in SSB4 thing. People putting the cutscenes on the internet made people not want to play the SSE. So this time around he's making videos that benefit being passed around the internet - hype garnering videos that only help the game.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Here's my ideas for posters and trailers:

Toad:

Poster: The Toad House's interior (with cards and such) has Mario, Kirby and Villager all staring at an open chest as Toad holds a Smash Ball behind him and a Super Mushroom pops out of the chest.

Trailer: It's Mario VS. Peach VS. Link. Peach blocks a fire ball and arrow using Toad, who then turns around and picks up Peach. He then carries her over by Mario and Link, who look confused, and he throws Peach up into the air, pulls out a Super Mushroom, uses it and then releases spores that cover the screen. New Super Mario Bros. Wii World 1-1 plays as footage of Toad throwing bombs, super jumping, juggling items, carrying Bowser and deflecting Villager's collection using his spores. The screen goes red as Toad's picture arises and it states "Toad powers up to get down!" It then shows Peach floating back downwards as the two high-five, only for a Toad House to open up. She rushes in and then Toad winks to the camera as he pulls out a Smash Ball and cracks it open. Screen goes black.

King K. Rool:

Poster: A pirate ship is beached up on a shore as King K. Rool stands on top of it and fires cannonballs upwards using his blunderbuss. DK, Bowser and Link look towards the ship, the back of their heads facing the screen.

Trailer: On what appears to be the Pirate Ship from Brawl, Donkey Kong victoriously stands over Mario and Toon Link's bodies. He performs one of his victory poses until something hits him in the back and launches him forwards. Mario and Toon Link look up and see the shadow of what appears to be Bowser, until suddenly it deforms and becomes King K. Rool riding in on his heli-pack. He pulls out his blunderbuss again and aims as the screen goes green with King K. Rool's picture and says "King K. Rool Krashes the Party!" (Thanks Swampasaur!). It shows footage of him throwing his crown, attacking with boxing gloves, shooting cannonballs and flying with his heli-pack, as well as jumping high over Donkey Kong and using his blunderbuss to pull in opponents and then release different gases at them. It goes back to King K. Rool on the pirate ship, eating a banana until the peel is left and throwing it into DK, Mario and Toon Link. It focuses back on K. Rool as the heroes Star KO behind him. The screen goes black.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Mewtwo's should be "Mewtwo Strikes Back!"

It's so good and it was the first movie's name

Speculator

Smash Ace
I'm sure all newcomers will be given equal treatment. Villager actually got a little extra because his trailer was also the game reveal trailer. From hereon in, I think trailers about the size of WFT's for newcomers. I'm guessing in Nintendo Directs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom