• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii U Fox Up-smash KO Percents

EpicSonicLatios

Smash Apprentice
Hello fox boards! I have compiled a list of data regarding up-smash kill percents for fox. I noticed that this hadn't been done yet, so I figured I would go ahead and collect this data. My goal is to have kill percents for every character on every stage, and maybe even kill percents based on the amount of rage fox has. I also want to take DI into account, so we can find the minimum percent at which a fresh usmash will always KO for every character on all legal stages.

Anyway, here's what I have so far:

Fox up-smash kill percents (completely fresh with no rage) tested on FD with no DI

Mario: 101
Luigi: 96
Peach: 92
Bowser: 113
Yoshi: 102
Rosalina and Luma: 87
Bowser Jr: 104
Wario: 106
Donkey Kong: 115
Diddy Kong: 99
Mr Game @ Watch: 84
Little Mac: 96
Link: 105
Zelda: 92
Sheik: 91
Ganondorf: 108
Toon Link: 95
Samus:105
Zero Suit Samus: 92
Pit: 99
Palutena: 93
Marth: 98
Ike: 108
Robin: 99
Duck Hunt: 101
Kirby: 86
King Dedede: 121
Meta Knight: 91
Fox: 90
Falco: 92
Pikachu: 89
Charizard: 107
Lucario: 104
Jigglypuff: 78
Greninja: 94
R.O.B: 106
Ness: 96
Captain Falcon: 107
Villager: 98
Olimar: 90
Wii Fit Trainer: 96
Shulk: 104
Dr. Mario: 101
Dark Pit: 99
Lucina: 98
Pac-man: 98
Mega-man: 107
Sonic: 97

FD kill percents with no rage, perfect DI

Note: perfect DI is actually down-forward, but it is barely better than solely forward DI.

Mario: 107
Luigi: 102
Peach: 97
Bowser: 119
Yoshi: 107
Rosalina and Luma: 92
Bowser Jr: 110
Wario: 112
Donkey Kong: 122
Diddy Kong: 105
Mr. Game and Watch: 89
Little Mac: 104
Link: 111
Zelda: 97
Sheik: 96
Ganondorf: 114
Toon link: 101
Samus: 110
Zero Suit Samus: 97
Pit: 105
Palutena: 97
Marth: 104
Ike: 114
Robin: 106
Duck Hunt: 107
Kirby: 91
King Dedede: 128
Meta knight: 96
Fox: 95
Falco: 98
Pikachu: 94
Charizard: 113
Lucario: 109
Jigglypuff: 84
Greninja: 101
ROB: 111
Ness: 102
Captain Falcon: 112
Villager: 104
Olimar: 94
Wii Fit Trainer: 101
Shulk: 109
Dr. Mario: 106
Dark Pit: 105
Lucina: 104
Pac-man: 104
Mega-man: 113
Sonic: 103

I'm planning on organizing this data a little bit better, but I wanted to get this information out. If anyone has evidence that any of this data is wrong, please let me know, and I can change it. If anyone has any Up-smash kill percents for any legal stage on the wii u version, feel free to let me know.

Last edited:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if you want to expand on this, you could do a list of what percent each move kills like so

Mario no rage no DI
Mario no rage perfect DI
Mario 50% rage no DI
Mario 50% rage perfect DI
Mario 100% rage no DI
Mario 100% rage perfect DI

for each character, would be a hell of a chore though, especially since you cant test most of this in practice mode because rage doesn't happen in practice mode apparently

EpicSonicLatios

Smash Apprentice
I just use a wii remote as player 2 and make them go where I want them to go, so that's not a real issue. The hard part will be trying to do every character with rage, DI, and on every stage. Since the handicap system is rather poor, I always have to try and do the math to rack up the required damage, which is time consuming, especially if I mess up. There is also the issue of trying to DI and accidentally moving before the usmash hits. Luckily I have a lot of time on my hands, so I should be able to complete this in a reasonable amount of time.

One thing that could be used to make the rage process faster is to try and come up with some sort of formula for rage. I'm not sure how DI factors into that equation, but if we could do that, then we could calculate rage KO percents much more accurately.

Also, how should I do the kill percents for lylat cruise? The tilt makes it hard because there is basically no consistent distance from the base of the stage to the ceiling. I may have to do some research to see how much the tilt actually affects the kill percents.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Nice list, but I just use "100%" as a kind of benchmark. If the opponent is 100%, I can kill them. Of course, I factor in weight and things and adjust accordingly, but still, it's nice to have a really accurate list.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I just use a wii remote as player 2 and make them go where I want them to go, so that's not a real issue. The hard part will be trying to do every character with rage, DI, and on every stage. Since the handicap system is rather poor, I always have to try and do the math to rack up the required damage, which is time consuming, especially if I mess up. There is also the issue of trying to DI and accidentally moving before the usmash hits. Luckily I have a lot of time on my hands, so I should be able to complete this in a reasonable amount of time.

One thing that could be used to make the rage process faster is to try and come up with some sort of formula for rage. I'm not sure how DI factors into that equation, but if we could do that, then we could calculate rage KO percents much more accurately.

Also, how should I do the kill percents for lylat cruise? The tilt makes it hard because there is basically no consistent distance from the base of the stage to the ceiling. I may have to do some research to see how much the tilt actually affects the kill percents.
nah just do them on FD imo, lylat cruise is a nightmare dont bring that evil upon yourself.

A few things to help, when you want to test something with DI, what you do is you taunt on the p2 controller, then hold the DI whilst that character is taunting and hit them before the taunt ends, that stops the problem of moving too early - this is much easier with another person helping you though.

As for building damage, dont use the handicap system, just rack up damage with foxes laser. the difference between the opponent being at 50% and 51% is so negligible that I wouldn't worry about having absolute perfect damage accuracy.

As for rage, it has weird formulas that seems to change depending on the knockback scaling of the move being used and other factors like that, to the point where I think trying to make a rage formula would be a waste of time, even though its much more time consuming you'd be better off just testing the raw data manually.

EpicSonicLatios

Smash Apprentice
Alright, today I will be updating this thread with the FD kill percents with no rage and perfect DI. I think I will organize the data within each category alphabetically, as the point of this thread is to provide a resource for players to use so they know when usmash is and isn't a good option, and it will be easier for people to find the characters that way. I'm also considering doing 150% rage percents, because fox can live that long in some MU's, such as the sheik MU. I'll be starting it a bit later, so if you have any feedback, feel free to let me know.

Edit: I have updated the OP with the perfect DI kill percents with no rage. Sorry I couldn't do it yesterday. I will work on making it more organized as I go along. Again, if you have any evidence that shows that any one of my kill percents is off, PLEASE tell me, because I want this data as accurate as possible.

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Good list. Shout if you would like some help. I have dreamland and all DLC chars.

Last edited:

EpicSonicLatios

Smash Apprentice
Good list. Shout if you would like some help. I have dreamland and all DLC chars.
Yeah that would be great! I don't have any DLC characters or dreamland so help would be greatly appreciated. I also plan on doing TAC and BF kill percents later, because those are major stages for fox.

Top Bottom