• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii remote+nunchuck advance techniques help

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to perform some of Wolf's advance moves using the Wii remote and the nunchuck...i find it interesting using the nunchuck sometimes...but i tried to do the boost smash and i couldnt figure it out....

Btw...how do u use the illusion cancel....I have done it at times but I cant repeatedly uses it...

Help would be nice

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I use wiimote+nunchuck. Good luck doing anything properly without setting the d-pad to smashes >.> And I'd just like to throw in how much it bothers me that I can't set - to grab.

ANYWAYS, yeah, I set d-pad to smashes (it's almost a necessity after you get good). By tapping down then up on the dpad, you can DAC during a dash, but the timing is a lot harder than on GC controller (I'm ashamed to say I can't do it consistently :(). You'll also need to find a grab button that works, I set 1 to grab, it's awkward but works for CGs and stuff, and then theres always shieldgrabbing. Honestly, the ATs are a lot easier on a GC controller, so if you think they're vital to your game, switch.

Illusion cancel just takes a lot of practice for the timing. You need to press B during one of three frames. I try to time it by pressing B right as wolf's claw is beginning to move at the beginning, during the swipe. Don't just randomly press B, time it according to something, practice it once you got it right, and burn it into your muscle memory. Personally, that's the best way to do it, don't slow it down either, always use full speed for reaction time reasons.

Hope that helped. You have any other questions with wiimote+nunchuck, or any ideas, feel free to talk to me about them, I'm going to stick with W+N, and I'm open to any new ideas you might have regarding controls and what not :)

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
Thanks man for the tips...i never thought using the d-pad as smashes, if thats the case it works like the c-stick on the GC controller (sort of)...but for the DAC.?? u need only the down smash...so how do the other buttons work with the D-pad...What do U use for example?

The AT's i dont really use as much but i would like to know how to go about using them...just in case...i have done them on random times but not to the point where I use them freely.

Also, can someone explain what the RAR is?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Anytime, Sirus. For DAC, you use the dsmash on dpad like pressing down on cstick on a GC controller. The usmash on dpad registers as the up + Z (sorta) on the GC, but without the charging. Idk how you can charge unless you press down 1 or 2 with the base of your palm with amazing timing (if they're set to grab), unless you don't need C for jump, in which case it can work well as a grab button.

Dpad as smashes is amazing, let me tell ya. It helps a lot for aerials since you can control your aerial momentum better. You can also DI hits with the control stick and use bair on dpad for recovery purposes. You can also do falling uairs with ease, which can be put to good use.

You can find uses for illusion cancelling and DAC in other threads, they should still be on the first page.

RAR is turning around while you're running forward really quickly and then jumping, it allows you to keep your forward momentum, but you're moving with your back facing forward... if that makes sense. For wolf, it's used so that you can go from a dash to bairing your opponent.

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Ishieymoro...i really do appreciate the help, so if i understand right...DAC can b donee but with practice but easier on the GC...

RAR is just forward movement with bair

ok i understand but its going to take practice...

Scarring i have been trying and still dont get....wats the sweetspots for those?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Pretty much, you've got it down. Good luck getting DAC down, that's the hardest IMO.

Scarring goes like this. You're holding onto a ledge. Press back, so that you fall off. Then sideB into the stage as soon as possible. This won't work on all stages, but will work on stages with lips like battlefield and smashville. You should 'teleport' through the stage. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'sweetspots' though.

If you have any further questions, use the Q&A sticky, by the way. If it's something specific you want to ask me, feel free to message me. I just don't want to keep bumping this thread, there are very few players around that use W+N so this thread will probably just be the two of us either way :dizzy:

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
mmmmm u have a point....are there any groups where i can talk to other wolf brawlers....i use the W + N to try something different

but i understand everything....its amazing just watching the others play

i play for fun but i go figure out to use wolf better

soniclax15

Smash Rookie
the parts of the d-pad i use r the bottom and top for smash attacks...its juss that im used to using the sides of the d-pad to grab...i did try ur control sceam once and i said wtf this is waaay to complicated...is there any options u could give me...thanks

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I suggest down on the dpad set to smashes and then up + A for DAC on the Wiimote + Nunchuck. I do suggest using sidedpad for smashes for retreating aerials. You might want to see if you like shake smash but I personally dislike it.

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I use Wiichuck and I don't have problems, and I'm really good for German conditions.
And I don't understand what's difficult at Dacus, I thought it would be easier with Wiichuck than with the GCC. I also didn't have problems with most other ATs yet. And Ishy, I've exactly the same controls as you, even one to grab =P. You're right no grab button is the only thing that really sucks with d-pad to smashes (yes it's necessary), and one doesn't feel handy because of the distance to the buttons you usually use, and you don't have the epic taunt anymore =(. But well, it's often important for CGs or quick follow ups.
But don't like shake smash, there often happen weird things when I use it.

Some input for you ^^

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Is there any way I can mod my wiimote to move the 2 button right under the B button?... That change alone would make wiimote+nunchuck just as good as GC, if not better. But I think it's illegal to play with modded controllers... :(

:059:

Top Bottom