• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii-mote for tourneys!

It seems to me that a lot of experience smashers plan to **** baby brawlers due to their experience in the field. I think it's only fair to play the new game with the remotes intended for the console. (I know the Wii is backwards compatible for the Gamecube) This way, competitors of all levels will have to adapt a new style of play. So I decree from the Flat Zone that the All-You-Can-**** buffet be transformed into a new experience for all instead of a death trap. SO SAYETH THE WATCH. *rings bell*

nublet06

Smash Lord
there is a certain term that you guys may have to get used to in this world. and that is.........

NO JOHNS

why should anybody not try their best in a competition? just so you can win some matches? what, we already lost all our "glitches" right? so then it should be an even playing field.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
wii mote is a terrible controller for a game like smash.

there are PLENTY of disadvantages and problems with using the wii mote compared to a game cube or class controller.

you cant short hop for one, and some others but i forgot them, anyway it also has an unnatural feel to it, especially when trying to shield with a button on the bottom of the controller.

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
CLICKCLACKCLICKCLACKCLICKCLACKCLICKCLACKCLICKCLACKCLICKCLACKCLICKCLACKCLICKCLACK
CLICKCLACKCLICKCLACKCLICKCLACKCLICKCLACKCLICKCLACKCLICKCLACKCLICKCLACKCLICKCLACK

Gamecube controllers...

There needs to be a way to have Wii controllers in a tourney setting. Some people might not have GCN controllers(Or they might be broken, as with the case of many a C-Stick, and the analog control stick sticking upwards), and may use Wii controllers instead.

Best101

Smash Ace
Just because we've played the game since the release of Smash 64 doesn't mean that we have to play with certain controllers. We can play with any controller we want, the newbie smashers can use any controller they want as well. No need to discriminate

Red Exodus

Smash Master
There are options for a reason. If the other control types were not 'intended' then Sakurai would not have implemented them in the first place.

Why do casuals hate options so much anyway?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Why should I switch if I worked so hard improving in melee, just to use a different controller to get a different feeling? That's just stupid, that doesn't even out the playing field >_>. However even with a different controller, as long as I can use it to a degree I can still beat decent players, just because of experience(mindgames from SSB64 and melee and tech skill from both). Anyway, GC controllers FTW!

Top Bottom