• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wii mod for online melee possiblility

Zodiac

Smash Master
Yea so I just made one like this elsewhere, but I forgot to asked the mods to move it and or post a new one in here. anyway. THe wii has much better online capabilities then the gamecube, and its already getting hacked, there already games that wernt meant to go online being put on line. So why couldnt melee get a mod for the wii?\ to go online.

I know its already been done on the GameCube, but you know its not perfect and it takes a lot of money to do that. so, what are your thoughts?

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
oh thanks. at first i thought someone had done this already and i would lose what little life i had with playing ssbm. But now i know it was a "What If", so I'm depressed instead.
But for the topic, i think if ssbm was online for the wii, it might be like the second most played game on wii systems for some time (after TP of course). If nintendo has known how to do this then they would probably do it sometime as like a $20 extra to buy or something. and that would be sweet.

247Marthathon

Smash Cadet
i think Sizzle is correct in how it may detract brawls sales. i love the speed of ssbm and ive heard it will be slower in brawl. ive seen many great games be destroyed after a new generation of it is made. im sure most would still get brawl but any signs of disatisfaction and everyone would be back on ssbm online.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Agreed with 247Marthathon. I'm buying Brawl, no matter what. But if Brawl is "slowed down", as Nintendo has said it would be, then I'll deffinitly keep playing Melee too. I love the speed in Melee, and I wouldn't want it slowed down for anything. I remember someone mentioning adding longer freeze-frames (the frames in which you can SDI in Melee) in Brawl to slow it down. As long as that dosn't become SSB64-like (anyone remember Samus' screw attack? Getting hit with that was so painfully long. I could drink an entire can of Pepsi in the time it took that attack to end. I never got thirsty playing in that game), I'm more or less fine with it.

But online Melee? I'd be on that for days at a time, assuming the lag was little enough that timing shffls and ledgetechs dosn't become impossible. It would be awesome, but I don't see it happening. Nintendo wants to sell Brawl, after all.

Top Bottom