• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Memory

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
Hello,
I plan on getting my copy of brawl at midniight and I keep seeing all of these posts about and SD card for memory. My question is, does the wii have enough memory for everything in brawl? (Stages,characters,etc.)

Thanks in advance

Cepheus

Smash Cadet
however, down the road...and with other games you might play....you might need a SD card.
the replays for brawl (if you choose to record them) will be big.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Replays aren't big. They aren't videos of any sort, they're just instructions.

illphil

Smash Apprentice
Brawl will be the only game I have besides wii sports and wii play...shouldn't be a problem..?

AerialAce!

Smash Rookie
Snapshots, replays and stages ill eat up space over time. You're probably better off getting an SD card if you don't plan on running out of space, especially if you've got a bunch of Virtual Console games.

Neviance

Smash Rookie
Anyone have any idea what the total memory on the Wii is? And I didn't really think of this issue until now..

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Earlier, I bought a 4GB SD card thinking that would be plenty enough. I found out that the Wii can only handle a 2GB. -_- I had to return it and get the two gig SD card. Ah well, I only had to forge 20 bucks.

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Evelgest, who made your sig? It's freaking sweet.

On topic: I still suggest buying an SD card.

Neviance

Smash Rookie
Holy crap that's small. Would Brawl be able to operate on the internal flash memory and a SD card? I'm thinking no, but I want to make sure. Also, how much are the 2 GB ones? 20? Thank you in advance.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
i dont think it should be a problem

I have over 1000 blocks left, and each game only takes up 1, i think smash bros takes 20 something

Top Bottom