• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Fit Trainer Palette Swaps and Costumes

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think the WFT has a lot of potential for possible color swaps or even costumes. They could even make it customizable to an extent. What are your ideas or suggestions concerning these?

I made a quick palette swap for the WFT. I can see either just her shirt and pants colored or her entire body colored.

Jonn

Smash Apprentice
I think only her shirt color, or her clothes, should change. Changing her skin and hair color is weird to me.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Though I don't think the skin color change would be as drastic as what is represented in the OP (if they do change her skin color), I would totally play as the black-skinned one with the yellow shirt, lol.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't mind the skin color changes. Give the black one a red shirt and I would probably use that often.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah I don't think it is as drastic. I made those with the HD clor scheme in mind. I wouldn't mind a slight skin color change in some though.

If I get around to it, I'll post the original ones I did which were just the top, bottoms, and a slight skin color change in a few.

What costumes, if we get them, do you see appearing for WFT?

Personally, I'd love to play as Hulk WFT or the Avatar WFT lol.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think she should have an alternate costume where they make her look human. :p Flesh tone, eyes, slightly flushed cheeks and the whole shebang. I'm not sure if that'd make her less creepy, but it's worth a shot!

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
She needs a grey alt (based on the male trainer's look) and orange alt (Which is what she wears when you go to "My Routine" in Wii Fit Plus).

So:
Blue
Green
Red
Orange
Grey
Some 6th color

Kellz

Smash Cadet
NNID
MissKellyAesop
3DS FC
2466-4507-1948
I really do hope her "skin" changes color slightly, but not an entire dark tint. This has proven to look bad for Mewtwo and Sonic as they have pretty much horrible colors but the difference is WFT has more noticeable clothes to go along with it that could change to a more defined shade of red or green for example.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I thought this would be a cool idea, but I wonder if they would actually have two sets of voice data dependent on the costume...?
Nobody even cares for the male trainer. I'm gonna guess that about 75% of people who play Wii Fit use the female trainer.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I think the WFT has a lot of potential for possible color swaps or even costumes. They could even make it customizable to an extent. What are your ideas or suggestions concerning these?

I made a quick palette swap for the WFT. I can see either just her shirt and pants colored or her entire body colored.

From left to right: Bizarro, Hulk, Avatar, Pinkie Pie, Ipod silouette, Duracell Bunny.

Honestly I'm not displeased by these combos. She's already weird in her main skin.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
To be honest, it would be pretty simple for them to add a customizable palette swaps for every character.

If they didn't put in alternate skins but gave us customizable palette swaps, I'd be totally satisfied. You wouldn't be able to change everything, but most of the characters have 1-5 main colors.

For example, Wii Fit Trainer has skin, top, pants and hair. Mega Man is mostly two-toned, but has a couple other colors. Samus has the helmet (red), body (gold), gun and visor. etc.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I like that pink one and the green one if those two were put in, otherwise I'd just use the regular one, I think she's cool as a albino.

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
He seems taller and heavier. Would he really work as an alternate palette, with all the hitbox stuff?

My guess is that he would be an assist trophy.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
For all we know, devs could screw hitbox equivalence with displayed model, or decide that such a difference doesn't really matter balance-wise, or this could be a perspective trick or Sakurai playing with Mushrooms for further confusion...

That said the comment did not describe the picture at all. So it could be just Sakurai trolling, or even doing a real life Schrodinger's question.

Sakurai: Hey look, we got a male WFT.
Majority: Hopefully it is (costume/trophy/alt slot/...).
Sakurai: Yes it is. And it always was, in fact. What were you thinking?

Arteen

Smash Lord
Male trainer has bigger feet, a slightly bigger head, and a thicker body, but those are just visual tricks to make him look bigger. His proportions match the female trainer.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm looking closely, and it looks as though the male model is indeed a bit larger than the female. If that really is the case, it'd be interesting if they changed his weight, hit/hurtboxes, and even power to reflect this. For all we know, this can give a single character in one form an option against certain matchups that the other couldn't handle otherwise. True, there's Samus/ZSS, Pokémon Trainer, and Zelda/Sheik, but unlike them, the WFT's moveset would (presumably) not change with the forms. That's my hypothesis anyway.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
wait didn't change with his palate swap, I don't think far will either.

(Now hopes for a female villager alt. Costume)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I'm looking closely, and it looks as though the male model is indeed a bit larger than the female. If that really is the case, it'd be interesting if they changed his weight, hit/hurtboxes, and even power to reflect this. For all we know, this can give a single character in one form an option against certain matchups that the other couldn't handle otherwise. True, there's Samus/ZSS, Pokémon Trainer, and Zelda/Sheik, but unlike them, the WFT's moveset would (presumably) not change with the forms. That's my hypothesis anyway.
I think they could keep the same stats. The developers were very clever with the models. They both bulge in the same areas (chest, butt). Their limbs are similar (the female's being slightly thinner, but only by a small margin: the clever developers gave the male tight shirt sleeves on the upper arms in order to justify their same size as the less muscular female's I imagine).

Also, I think their height is the same. The male has longer calves, but the female has longer thighs so it equals out.

Hoboman5000

Smash Cadet
I think it'd be cool if she had all of those color palettes AND if the male WFT also had COMPLETELY different colors as well, that'd be totally ****. :happysheep:

Phill-Bot

Smash Apprentice
When I first saw the trailer for WTF, I thought she looked boring. These swaps make her look really cool.

Top Bottom