• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Fit Trainer Mains

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
**WFT doesn't look very able to score a kill without proper Deep Breath setup. Also, we haven't really seen her approaching.
**Greninja looks about the same, but it doesn't have any sort of setup. Its attacks look pretty safe though.
**Little Mac would depend if Shields are about as good as they were in Brawl. If that were the case, shield his commitments and he's prone to get countered. Yes, even the OHKO.
**Charizard looks like those good old slow character archetype that gets hit over and over, but hit hard themselves.
**Rosalina apparently has a bunch of unsafe attacks. That weakness seems to be overshadowed by her Teamwork, but it's to be seen how much it gets balanced.
**Villager obviously lacks range. His recovery looks average, but very linear.
**Megaman looks weak at close range (reflectors aren't even close to be a REAL problem here).

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
WFT has my interest for sure. Especially after seeing more of her/his moveset. The grab, dash attack, and nair were the things that caught my eye.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
I wouldn't look into it too deeply. It was Sakurai, Bamco and friends playing, after all.
This can't be emphasized enough.

On topic: I will try all the newcomers, but Rosalina is the only newcomer whose move set looks appealing.
Wii Fit Trainer could be one of my mains. I would love to be able to main Zelda as a primary, but she requires some serious fixes.
So far, we've got 6 female characters (Samus's suit conceals her sex, and she shouldn't be counted as a different female than Zamus.)

Downdraft

Smash Ace
I consider both Samus (Samii?) the same female. Same goes for Zelda and Sheik, though I won't touch that ugly can of worms.
Sheik looks like a male, but its biologically a female. I could understand discounting Sheik.
I get why you wouldn't want to touch that ugly can of worms. :laugh:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I meant the whole controversy with Smash Sheik being "confirmed" female, while OoT Sheik was apparently male (or was at least referred to as such).

Basically it's why the lot of us refer to Sheik as he/she/it/potato.

Hopefully HeSheFit becomes the successor to that title.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
I meant the whole controversy with Smash Sheik being "confirmed" female, while OoT Sheik was apparently male (or was at least referred to as such).

Basically it's why the lot of us refer to Sheik as he/she/it/potato.

Hopefully HeSheFit becomes the successor to that title.
:laugh: Maybe we should leave Sheik genderless. Her cries in PM can be perceived as either sex.
Anyways, I didn't mean to get too Off-Topic.

Sun Salutation and Deep Breathing have caught my attention.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I'll definitely be main'ing the WFT if neither Roy nor Isaac/Matthew show up.
Looks like a fun character.

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
She's the character I'm looking forward the most in SSB4 (newcomers wise). Definitely one of my mains for sure. Her deep breathing mechanic makes me want to learn her so much, so interesting and unique.

Zero Suit Dominic

Smash Cadet
NNID
MisterPeach
3DS FC
3883-6898-4363
I'll be picking up the character too. Give her/him a go after Peach and Zelda. Their gameplay is a breath of fresh air to me. It looks like it will be fun KOing people with yoga and strength poses!

Bushando64

King of the 64-Bit Realm
NNID
Bushando
3DS FC
1547-5186-5659
Switch FC
SW 5128 8278 7987
I'm not sure if I'm gonna decide on WFT, RosaLuma, or Robin as far as my main goes, but WFT definitely looks promising. She has that whole "subtlety" to her moveset that'll make people have to learn her in order to figure out how her moves are gonna work since they seem so deceptively plain. Also I find her attractive so it's much more satisfying to come out on top in a scenario like that.

Dannckles

Smash Rookie
Just created a Smashboards account to post here!
I've been playing WFT since launch and, though it's not set in stone, I'm considering her as a possible main.
As of now, she is the character I'm most comfortable with, and I'd like to discuss some good setups/finishers/techniques to enhance gameplay.

For example, one move that seems to work consistently is her Side B immediately after releasing the ledge. The soccer ball will bounce at a low angle and quickly cross pretty much the full lenght of FD, close to the ground, and WFT will grab the ledge again. Pretty useful to get safely back to the stage. Is this widely known yet?

Any more tips or techniques that you guys find useful?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The signature says it all and she's the most interesting of all newcomers so far due to her origin alone. :awesome:

Last edited:
Top Bottom