• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii-fi Stock Match play

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingjoekur

Smash Apprentice
Hello fellow smash players. This thread is designed for all smash players who prefer or swear by stock match play. I have decided to take this matter into my own hands regarding starting a petition and bringing it to Nintendo of America's attention. I plan on joining and posting a thread in every smash brothers forum I can find and any help would be appreciated.

I know a lot of you may not think we can make a difference on the issue, but I implore you to sign this petition. I will email Nintendo regarding its progress. With your help, we can at least address the need for limited time stock matches.

Please help by signing this petition:

ipetitions.com/petition/ssbbstockplayplease/index.html

Thank you for your support.

KJ

CO18

Smash Hero
Doubt it will work, but i signed anyway. :)

I also said if there at least going to do timed matches, make it 5 minutes.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Sure...not that the game is already finished or anything.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Also take into consideration the fact that in stock matches "With Anyone" means that sometimes someone will be an absolute jerk and drag a match on and on just for the sake of laughing at the ones running around a large stage trying to catch him...

Really though, I would have loved stock matches, or even a larger amount of time for the time matches on Wifi... unless that exists, I don't know for sure. I thought it was always a 2 minute game with anyone.

TheSpoon

Smash Rookie
You can still play stock matches, just not in random battles. Just settle for having to do the friend code thing with people over the net, I'm sure there will be lots of people looking for battles that way.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
The game is already finished. The two weeks leading up to the US release are for production and shipping and nothing else. It's possible that it could be changed with a patch, but not likely.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yes, let's have a Wifi Stock Match. Matter and fact, let's have another delay to add this pointless idea to the game. Seriously, it would be a waste of time to send the a message when the game is almost here.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
Why couldnt they just have two options in wifi. You could go into a timed match or a stocked match. If people didnt enjoy either one they still had an option to play the other. Nintendo motto this gen is supposed to be all inclusive, but the way brawl is setup states otherwise.

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Oh, hey, while we're at it, let's make a petition to make a better ending for Super Mario Brothers!

kingjoekur

Smash Apprentice
i really think we can make a difference if we let nintendo know how many more stock players there are then time. i posted this message on as many smash boards as i could and would appreciate any help or publicity , if you choose. I'm trying to be positive and to hopefully bring this issue to the attention of nintendo. if you don't wish to sign the petition or think it is impossible, then dont sign.

But whats the worst that can happen. u never know.

who said that they cant change or alter some online features. sakurai said he thought of everything.

again, thank you for your support.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
i really think we can make a difference if we let nintendo know how many more stock players there are then time. i posted this message on as many smash boards as i could and would appreciate any help or publicity , if you choose. I'm trying to be positive and to hopefully bring this issue to the attention of nintendo. if you don't wish to sign the petition or think it is impossible, then dont sign.

But whats the worst that can happen. u never know.

who said that they cant change or alter some online features. sakurai said he thought of everything.

again, thank you for your support.
I really don't think you understand how these things work... It's just not that simple.

EDIT: To Bubble's post, there's no stocks for 'With Anyone', where you have no control over settings. 'With Friends' is where you can change stocks / turn items off / etc.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
This won't happen because the game is already finished. They won't tweak it to make such a drastic change to the U.S. version from the original Japanese game. It just isn't done that way, unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, I support this idea but I know that our efforts are in vain. The best solution is to use the means that SWF and WiFi Wars have given us in the use of exchanging friend codes online for proper stock play with or without items, however you choose.

entrapment

Smash Apprentice
Well...what can you do when a game is finished but buckle down and realize that your just gunna have to KS and not get killed. Other than that get used to a count down and super sudden death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom