• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi - Port forwarding needed?

Myztek

Smash Ace
Whenever I go to "Play with Anyone" it doesn't seem to ever connect.

Are there any ports I can open on my router for the Wii?

ps.
I won my GameStop tournament :)

dzlotus

Smash Rookie
You do need to forward some ports, but i have no idea what they are. I just set my wii to the dmz to play it for now.

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
The absolute best way to ensure that proper ports are open to the wii is to do the following:

- Set a static IP adress to your Wii through your router (this should be outside the pool of IPs that the router assigns to computers in the network)
- Type that IP into the manual connection settings in the Wii
- For the other manual settings (gateway, net mask, DNS server): in your computer go to start->command->type "cmd" without quotes and in the prompt type "ipconfig /all" without quotes. Copy the relevant information to the wii settings
- Now go back to your router and checkmark an optioned called "DMZ server" and next to it, assign the IP you gave the router

Voila! Now you shouldn't have to worry about closed ports for your wii ;-)

Top Bottom