• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi friend codes Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
Nice games we had last afternoon Doomgaze, altho it wasnt only me playing everytime since i had some local friends on as you saw ;) How was the lag for you, acceptable?
Yea it was really nice but I still am having lag issues as you can see from the pauses each time I grab someone. I have ordered a lan adapter which should be arriving this week so hopefully that will fix some of it ; )

Lawke

Smash Cadet
anyone live in Tennessee care to try a Brawl match? ive yet to be able to play with someone with "blue" lag (the colored orb next to the name).

the closest ive gotten is green and there seems to be a delay between pressing the button and the characters reactions.

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
Yes the circle next to someone's name is the latency you've had in previous games with that person.

Edit: I'm not sure what blue means either.

Destructioncalls

Smash Cadet
Ok so if i add the people on the 1st page friends codes in, it wont work unless they add mine in also? I mean is there a pending status thing till they put mine in, or does it just not work or wat?

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
i have the japanese version right now so my fcode is just temp.
i dont know if this has been answered on this thread yet there's so many pages to read i haven't read through it all but i have the same problem with the "WITH ANYONE" ... no one joins the match.....
well anyway heres my fcode:3523-1375-3057

edit: if anyone adds me pls pm me to let me know so i can add u if i havnt done so already

Lawke

Smash Cadet
Ok so if i add the people on the 1st page friends codes in, it wont work unless they add mine in also? I mean is there a pending status thing till they put mine in, or does it just not work or wat?
there is no pending friend request for the person who hasnt added your code in. your best bet is to PM the player or use the Friend Finder.

http://smashboards.com/ff/

With Anyone does not work for America. It's even having some issues in Japan.

obylix

Smash Rookie
Come on guys add me! =) Anyone know if a friend and I ( on the same Wii ) can join someone else's game? I can host with two local players on the Wii, but can't join a game with two players.

smashingme

Smash Cadet
how does it work can i just jump in with some1 whos starting a random match or must he host a game in the friend mode to get in? and do you recieve a: wants to be your friend message?

my fc : 5155-2173-3559

7thFonon

Smash Apprentice
The other person has to hold A,B, Start and move the control stick around for about 3-5 seconds. Should work. You hosting now? Trying to get up a game or two, I got about an hour.

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
Come on guys add me! =) Anyone know if a friend and I ( on the same Wii ) can join someone else's game? I can host with two local players on the Wii, but can't join a game with two players.
well i dont know if you can join with 2p's but do you wana play a game? i'll add your BC
im not even sure how it works cause i cant read japanese >.< but i think i figured out how to start a game, just need someone to play now

Lawke

Smash Cadet
how does it work can i just jump in with some1 whos starting a random match or must he host a game in the friend mode to get in? and do you recieve a: wants to be your friend message?

my fc : 5155-2173-3559
No, you will not receive a notification if you add someone to your list without them knowning and vice versa. Basically, you can either Host a match or Join one.

If you want to Host a match, you click the big icon on the top left once you enter the Wi-fi area. It then takes you to your friends list with a big button at the top. Click the big button to start the match. Mind you, the timer starts, so your friend must be waiting at their own Friend Roster ready to join as soon as you host.

If you want to Join, go to your Friends Roster. Any names that have Red markings next to them and numbers on the right (such as 1/4 or 2/4) indicates they have hosted a match and are waiting to start the game. To join, click their name plate and select the second option. If it is greyed out, the match either started or they left the lobby.

Yes, you can play with up to 3 people on the same Wii in any online matches.

If you need a picture guide to help you through, i suggest using this:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi03.html

Lawke

Smash Cadet
it lags quite a bit are you guys have the same problem?
go back to your friend roster. what color is the Orb next to the name plate?

from my experiences, it goes as follows:

Red Orb - Unplayable. It lags so much that you cant even move your character much.

Yellow Orb - Large delay between button presses and character reactions.

Green Orb - Small delay between button presses and character reactions.

Blue Orb- Near perfect. Should be no delays or lag.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
For me, it's :

Red Orb - Large or small delay between button presses and character reactions.

Yellow Orb - Small delay between button presses and character reactions, but almost not noticable.

I never had a green or blue orb.

Oh by the way, how do you get a Master Hand avatar in Brawl ? Do I have to finish Classic ? Can I have a Crazy Hand avatar if I finish it in very hard and beat Crazy Hand ?

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
go back to your friend roster. what color is the Orb next to the name plate?

from my experiences, it goes as follows:

Red Orb - Unplayable. It lags so much that you cant even move your character much.

Yellow Orb - Large delay between button presses and character reactions.

Green Orb - Small delay between button presses and character reactions.

Blue Orb- Near perfect. Should be no delays or lag.
i think it was yellow before ..... im playing still now and it seems to be okay so its probably green right now .. thanks again =]

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
I only get red or yellow orbs on my friend roster :/

It could be my router though..its in my basement and my wii is in my room (only get 2 bars when setting up the wifi on the wii)

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
I only get red and yellows too. But red lagg is still playable, and yellow lagg is unnoticable.
We don't have the same ladder of "lagg colors" :laugh:

Oh by the way, how do you get a Master Hand avatar in Brawl ? Do I have to finish Classic ? Can I have a Crazy Hand avatar if I finish it in very hard and beat Crazy Hand ?

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
I only get red and yellows too. But red lagg is still playable, and yellow lagg is unnoticable.
We don't have the same ladder of "lagg colors" :laugh:

Red orb is most definitely NOT playable. Earlier today i tried to play with a friend in Georgia and we couldn't even move.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have 10 red orbs in my list, and the worst I had was playing at 2/3 speed. Most of the time it's just an annoying lagg, not an unplayable lagg.
I played 2nd Stamp earlier, he has a yellow orb, and we played normally. We even played a Multi Man Brawl, and I felt no lagg.

So, how can I get that Master Hand avatar ? ^^

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
You saw I have the master hand? ^_^;

I dunno how I unlocked it. I just played through SSE on normal difficulty, most event matches and stuff like that..

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I saw you had it. All I have is my unlocked characters, their icons, some SSE enemies, the ancient minister, and my Miis. Maybe you unlock the icons of the enemies you defeat. My game crashes after I beat classic and it doesn't save, so maybe that's why I don't have Master Hand.

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if having 2 bars or 3 bars on your wifi internet connection settings on the wii will make a large difference in lag?

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
Prey you should add me - that was a good game - perhaps lag will get better after US launch
yea i wanted to add you but i just figured out what that red box thing was after our game ended, but i'll add you now and that was a pretty awesome game hope to play you soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom