• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wierd Sing Slide... thing

BullseyeXD

Smash Rookie
Hey guys i ran into something kind of wierd a while ago but never got around to show it. My cousin was playing a free for all with 3 comps, including jiggs. When he used FSmash just as jigglypuff used rest, he slid past jiggs to the edge of FD, asleep. Anyone know what happened???

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
The title says sing, so I will assume you meant that and not rest. It really depends who your cousin was playing with. If it was kirby, fox, falco, charazard or some others, they all have Fsmashes that move them forwards. My guess is that he was put to sleep, but kept the momentum, like when someone cancels a dash. Except this time, it was canceled for your cousin. That's my take on it. Though it might have been a fluke, It would be cool to be able to do that in a match. I might try this out.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
it happens pretty often in "with anyone" and some free-for-alls... but i never use sing in 1v1, so... i'm not sure about it's 1v1 uses.

anyway, basically if you catch someone in sing while they are moving fast, they will slide away asleep. like i think if they're hit by a jiggs/fox dsmash (the kind that make you slide across the ground), then you get hit by rest, you will slide while asleep... but you see, in this case it must be more than two players (has to be one random opponent, one jiggs, and one slide-causing opponent).

also, i think this worked one time with the checkpoint marker in greenhill zone and one time with wobboffet... i'm not sure how, though, because it was really fast.

i've also seen it work a fair amount of times after an opponent hits a sideways spring while you're singing.

either way, i don't see it very useful unless the opponent can fall of the stage while asleep or if it's a walk-off stage (causing them to slide to doom)... because they slide so far away from jiggs that i don't think it's possible to follow up with an attack.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Alright, that's what I thought. I suppose it could be used at lower percentages to avoid an attack since it would also be hard for the opponent to follow up with an attack. you could always follow up with rollout at higher percents. Something tells me you can't fall while asleep, since you can't fall asleep in the air. But what if someone was asleep on a platform and it disapeared? I suppose it's possible to kill with this. I will deffenently test it out more and post my findings here.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Alright, so it can't really be used for anything...

If someone is on a platform and it breaks, they wake up. You can not push someone of a platform, nor can you dash cancel off a platform.

Since you can't dash cancel off a platform, the sliding sleeper would just stop at the end of the platform. It's not even that good defensively, since it hits about half of the time if you can time it well. You are better off just dodging or blocking.

Top Bottom