• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wickkity Wack! UU

Bowser_Gangsta

Smash Lord

Gallade@Life Orb~Adamant
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Sp.D~Steadfast
-Swords Dance-
-Ice Punch-
-Close Combat-
-Night Slash-

My Primary Sweeper. I usually use a Swords dance while the other team is doing Stealth Rock(pshh.. whatever) and get some good attacks in. This guy takes out at least 2-3 people at first, which is awesome. I'm just wondering about his type coverage.

Spiritomb@Leftovers~Modest
252 HP/ 252 Sp.A/ 4 Sp.D~Pressure
-Calm Mind-
-Shadow Ball-
-Hidden Power Fighting-
-Sucker Punch-

I use this guy as my Defensive/Special Sweeper. I love his immunity to CC. I switch him in and then try to get a Calm Mind or two off.

Sceptile@Choice Specs~Timid
252 Sp.A/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP~Overgrow
-Leaf Storm-
-Energy Ball-
-Hidden Power Ice-
-Focus Blast-

My Revenge Killer. I <3 his speed! And Specs Leaf Storm is totally hawt.

Nintales@Life Orb~Timid
252 Sp.A/ 252 Spe/ 4 Sp.D~Flash Fire
-Hypnosis-
-Flamethrower-
-Nasty Plot-
-Energy Ball-

My Big Fat Fire Immunity! I switch in this guy on anything weak to fire or even unsuspecting of Energy Ball. I love taking out a Water Type with Hypnosis, Nasty Plotting, and then Enery Balling.

Shuckle@Leftovers~Impish
252 HP/ 208 Def/ 48 Sp.D~Gluttony
-Knock Off-
-Earthquake-
-Rest-
-Stealth Rock-

I... don't even know. This slot is open to any consideration.

Rhyperior@Life Orb~Adamant
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP~Solid Rock
-Earthquake-
-Stone Edge-
-Rock Polish-
-Megahorn-

Another... sweeper. Just a general one.... yup.

So as y'all can see my team is very sweep orientated. Ive had a lot of success in UU but I feel like I need help. I try finding defensive capabilities in Pokemon that can also sweep, (i.e. My Ninetales can prevent fire damage, Spiritomb's awesomeness..) but I think I need a straight up wall. Shuckle isn't working.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
What exactly do you do about Moltres? Air Slash ruins Gallade, and you have no absolute safe switch-in to it either. Sceptile obviously falls to Overheat / Fire Blast while Rhyperior takes a HP Grass to the face. Shuckle can't even touch it.

You're probably better off using Aggron instead of Rhyperior, really. Head Smash does wonders, especially after a Rock Polish.

Shuckle...if you're looking for a wall you might want Chansey / Clefable or something in its place. However if you're looking for more offense Life Orb Ambipom would work well on the team. Or even Kangaskhan.

At least you don't have Honchkrow. Glad to see that.

-Terywj

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if you want to sacrifice SR by getting rid of Shuckle but if you really want to, I would suggest a Bulky Water instead of it. Something like Milotic, Slowbro, or Blastoise maybe? Since water, fire and grass is a great defensive core.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Wickkity What?

I immediately see a Moltres weakness, but Ter-ee-widge already pointed that out.

If you're gonna get rid of Shuckle, I'd suggest replacing it with something that can still get SR up. Since your team is so offensively oriented, they could really use the extra damage.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Froslass could do well for you as a lead, and saving Gallade for later could work too. Albeit this comes with Ambipom being able to shut you down in the early game.

-Terywj

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
Froslass could do well for you as a lead, and saving Gallade for later could work too. Albeit this comes with Ambipom being able to shut you down in the early game.

-Terywj
It depends on the Ambipom. Sometimes, I can still get a layer of spikes up since they have payback instead of taunt. Though yeah, Ambipom usually should shut Froslass down. Though spike support would be very valuable for this team, since it already has a spin blocker and has great offensive Pokemon to take advantage of it.

Top Bottom