• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wi-Fi will be posible with my dial-up speed?

WTF!

Smash Cadet
Ive seen videos of people (Miles Prowers) playing on dial-up Wi-fi just fine wen i saw that I smiled and instantly thinked of buying a wireless router...........but i dont know if it will work with my 28.8 kbps speed dial-up. PLZ if someone knows.........

Ill be very very thankful :)

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
No. You need atlest, at the VERY least a 1meg connection to play any game online. 3megs to have just an ok connection.

WTF!

Smash Cadet
hey theres a tutorial for playing Wi-Fi on dial-up and they say the normal dial up speed is 56k so it isnt imposible

WTF!

Smash Cadet
thanks a bunch for answering that :) . Ive gotten diferent results every time but heres my highest and my latest

highest:

Latest:

WTF!

Smash Cadet
i dont got any options, i CANT get dsl, i cant get cable it only goes to my outside house entrence, satelite licks.

and im gonna buy a router this saturday to check if i can if dont then i lick :)

WTF!

Smash Cadet
IM **** WITH THAT INTERNET!

the only thing to do is do something so the cable company get it in to my house or get satelite that is 60 monthly for like 2.5 m if the 2 options dont work well im gonna live with dialup the rest of my days

WTF!

Smash Cadet
I really dont know cuz people say it cant and others say it can.

im just gonna do everything posible for getting an internet that is better than what i got now

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
thanks a bunch for answering that :) . Ive gotten diferent results every time but heres my highest and my latest

highest:

Latest:
Sorry, but if that's your wired connection, WiFi DEFINITELY won't work. ;( If that's wireless, STILL won't work. You want less than 100 ping wireless to be even remotely playable. If both me and my opponent do port forwarding, there's very little lag. But I have 512 to 768 MB/S I think. I don't know the exact speed. >.> It has 50 to 70 ping usually when wireless, so it works.

But sorry, even 700 ping is waaaaaay to high. ;( 28.8 kps dial up is impossible to have a good experience online with. At the mininum, you need 56 kps, and that's hard to work with too. SORRY! D:

WTF!

Smash Cadet
lol im gonna use dialup ooooh yeaaaa and im only gonna play when i got 1000 ping:p(extreme sarcasm)

anyways...... do u guys think that like a 2.5m wireless internet would work?

(i hope so cuz the site of the ISP it says its good for gamers like ps and xbox)

the ISPs never mention nintendo :(

WTF!

Smash Cadet
lol im gonna use dialup ooooh yeaaaa and im only gonna play when i got 1000 ping:p(extreme sarcasm)

anyways...... do u guys think that like a 2.5m wireless internet would work?

(i hope so cuz the site of the ISP im thinking of buying it says its good for gamers like ps and xbox)

......the ISPs never mention nintendo :(

(ooops sorry for this second post is my cool internet that disconected and posted it twice :) )

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I would just like to point out that even with a Broadband connection Brawl isn't very reliable for online play.

WTF!

Smash Cadet
I would just like to point out that even with a Broadband connection Brawl isn't very reliable for online play.
oooooh yeah now im remember brawls wifi licks :ohwell:

but with another wifi game that speed or the wireless is good? :)

WTF!

Smash Cadet

hey i got an internet to test in my home and is wireless/sat this is the result i got from it

is this good?

some times the server thats yellow on the site dosnt appear and another becomes yellow

well.......i did the test on the other one and it give me this

WTF!

Smash Cadet
well i bought the lan adapter for wii today and the wii online works fine

but.....................the brawl online suck(duh) i wasnt able to join friend matches(neather my friends) and is i was able to play the matches were laggy

but the nintendo chanel downloaded pretty fast like in less than 5 minutes.

do u guys think that i should buy mario strikers or mario kart, who has better online modes? cuz the 2 play very well online

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
If you can get on with dial up it's gonna be awful for the person trying to play against you...

Anyway, this is my speed test thing:

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
I would never use this! lol.
Just go in the SB chat room and brawl someone close to where you live! Then you'll get a good connection.
Simple as that :)

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman

highest:

Latest:

That's my speed, and I still get quite a bit of lag. No offense, but I laughed a bit when I saw your numbers. It's up to you to decide wether going online will be worth it if lag is ****** like no tomorrow. I wouldn't.

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
i dont got any options, i CANT get dsl, i cant get cable it only goes to my outside house entrence, satelite licks.

and im gonna buy a router this saturday to check if i can if dont then i lick :)
I can feel your pain man. I had dial-up for the past like 4 years. Just got 10 MBPS last January.

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
dial up is poop. I hated when I had that. Unfortunately I may be getting it again. Or hopefully dsl instead.

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
dial up is poop. I hated when I had that. Unfortunately I may be getting it again. Or hopefully dsl instead.
Well DSL>>>>>>> dial-up

Actually isn't anything using ethernet cables considered DSL?

I had dial-up from when I was a sophomore in highschool, till last january.

Pure hell.

Top Bottom