• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wi-Fi Unplayable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandeza

Smash Master
http://www.thewiire.com/review/228/3/Dragon_Ball_Z_Budokai_Tenkaichi_3

If you don't yet know, the online play for Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is super laggy that it is practically unplayable. The blame is focused on the Gamespy server used for the online capabilities. What worries me most is that this server is used on most Wii games, including Brawl. Obviously I hope I'm wrong but quite nervous.

If there is a thread on this, please lock this.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Nintendo would not nerf one of the most important aspects of one of its best first-party games.

Darkurai

Smash Master
There was a thread about this. It even mentioned that Dragonball Z game.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
NO! I have to beat my little bros 3-to-1 now! And I won't have wifi by time it's out. :(

Colenstien

Smash Ace
I played DBZTB3 on online. Yeah it sucks but believe me it can be worse.

I played battalion wars 2 online and it punched me in face.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I seen a hand full of other Wi-Fi games that are fine. Some spikes that should be tolerable to an extent. Everything is like that.

But we can't really say as the game... May take up more or less bandwidth (Or whatever) than we think.

-Onyx

Starshade

Smash Rookie
Isn't Super Mario Strikers good on wifi?
That is true. I've played that game and it's pretty good. And for the time Sakurai has been spending on Brawl, I'm sure he'll make Wifi good enough to play on. However, like in any online game, there will still be lag if one of your opponents has a bad connection quality, but you can always just disconnect if you get one of these players.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Well, as long as you have broadband or some dsl connections, your best bet is a Wii Lan adapter. That way, you don't have to have signal interference.

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
I've played Medal of Honor, which is a pretty fast paced game and I have seen very little lag and only from a few people. I think that there will be a bit of lag online against random people because their connections probably aren't as good as the people you know and there will be items online automatically for basic brawl but if you play with friends and don't like items like a majority of the people here I anticipate very little lag.

Kyle29

Smash Apprentice
maybe this was one of the reasons for the delay. Aparently wifi is harder to nail, than plan old internet.(if there is a difference???)

Kyle29

Smash Apprentice
maybe this was one of the reasons for the delay. Aparently wifi is harder to nail, than plan old internet.(if there is a difference???)

SWORDMASTER X7

Smash Cadet
I play Super Mario Strikers Charged and I have very little problems with it. I am sure I won't have many problems with Brawl's wifi.

And considering I am probably just going to be playing with people on my friends list, I can just check the connection strength.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Trust me Nintendo and sakurai are working their @$$es off to make this game the best of 2008. I'm sure they are also foucusing more on the online to make it a long lasting and wholesome experience. Also loke it has been said before. MSC has a good online expereince and Brawl is working 3 imes harder on it.

Don't worry peeps it won't be having bad online.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
When I play Mario Strikers Charged online I encounter little to no lag. So it must be the game itself, not the server. I doubt that'll be a huge problem with Brawl. Online play for Brawl is one of the major selling points for it. They're not going to mess it up.

courte

Smash Lord
Nintendo would not nerf one of the most important aspects of one of its best first-party games.
who said they would nerf it?? as that implies intentional negative action on one portion for the sake of "balance" overall

i'd say that sounds more like a problem then a nerf:chuckle:

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
GH3 is really good on Wi-Fi. I strongly doubt that SSBB will have laggy play. That's probably why it was delayed, to make the Wi-Fi better.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Jump Ultimate Star is laggy.

It's because the servers are in Japan though. ;)

I hope Brawl isn't that laggy. Mario Kart laggy would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom