• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wi-fi team

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Hey guys, this is a team my friend made (with a bit of my help) and I'm posting it up here for him to get some rates.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Probably the best way to keep rocks off and get them up on wi-fi.
---
Gengar (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

SubGar but with expert belt again because of ****ing item clause. Coverage is nice, puts scizor in a tough spot because it will worry about whether i have hp fire or not (on wi-fi this gimmick doesn't work very well but it works great on shoddy). This is also my go-to guy when gyarados switches in on my u-turning scizor.
---
Metagross @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 112 HP/252 Atk/12 Def/132 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion

Midgame wall-breaker. His power is a lot lower without Life Orb but hey, this team has to deal with item clause. :( His goal is to threaten a sweep with the moves provided and explode on something he can't 2hko. Being able to tank a wisp or twave just sweetens the deal, although his power isn't that great without some kind of boost.
---
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 168 HP/176 Atk/160 SpDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Standard, helps me to not be destroyed by DDMence along with trapping frail psychics. Moderate SpDef helps me take weaker hidden power fires.
---
Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

My late-game setup sweeper. He generally does really well after most of the strong special attackers are gone, particularly defensive pokemon like Celebi and powerful things like Gengar and Salamence. Scarf Latias can mess this up with trick but you can spot those coming from a mile away so it usually isn't too big of a concern.
---
Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 16 Atk/252 Spd/240 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

New MixMence. It has nice power that helps to weaken walls quite nicely, but I'm considering running Roost over either Fire Blast or Earthquake.
---

This team is weak to a lot of threats but I wanted to keep his original pokemon and just suggest some movesets for him to make it work better.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If Item clause is what's preventing you from using Life Orb on Gengar, why not just use Black Sludge? Gengar's powerful enough that Expert Belt will only really help against Blissey and other special walls who won't be OHKO'd.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
main reason for that is to guarantee a ohko on 252 hp ttar. That's pretty much the only real reason to use it, though black sludge is a decent option too.

Top Bottom