• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI-FI: Spectator Mode 1st Experience

Amea

Smash Cadet
:laugh:

I just watched my very first spectator match on my own game.

Zelda/Sheik Vs. Pikachu :laugh:

I really didn't know what to expect, Before the match begins you get to put a wager on any character. I had 9999 coins so i thought why not put some in lol. I do realise i was a bit stingy but i bet 30 coins on ZELDA, lol, i just thought that she could have the upper hand, as i said before not knowing what calibur of play i was going to watch. THE MATCH STARTED!

Boy :laugh::laugh: Who the hell were those people playing Brawl, they were so awfull! really i cringed through the whole match, Pikachu got the upper hand because he got the thunder icon which zapped Zelda to a minature while she was metal and on 90% or thereabouts, Pikachu through a bat in her head! SHE WENT FLYING!! :laugh: +1 - -1 to Pikachu.

Zelda re-spawned one boot in Pikachus face :laugh: K.O Pikachu re-spawned now they are on 0-0 again Pikachu charges and tries to fly into Zelda and she dodges, falls of the stage, teleports back up, Zelda has the bat throws in Pikas face, Smash Ball appears Zelda gets it. BANG! ARROW TO THE HEAD! :laugh:

5 seconds to go, they both know the match is over so they taunt next to each other. :laugh:

I waged 30 coins on Zelda, and she won so i made back 54 coins lol :laugh:

Not like i needed them i still have 9999.

It really was funny and a poor fight lol. This was my 1st experience.

6uardianAngel

Smash Rookie
Awesome. I wonder how Nintendo can do that ... allow spectators when the network is going to be extremely busy once this game officially launches.

Can you do spectator on 4 player matches as well?

Amea

Smash Cadet
Awesome. I wonder how Nintendo can do that ... allow spectators when the network is going to be extremely busy once this game officially launches.

Can you do spectator on 4 player matches as well?
Indeed you can, how it works is, there is a refresh button that chooses random peoples charcters connected to one another with a stage, if you dont like the look of the fight then click refresh and it will find anything from 1v1 1v1v1 or 1v1v1v1 i don't know about team spectator though.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Is it possible to spectate friend's matches?

Amea

Smash Cadet
That is a good idea about spectating friends' matches online, i do not know if this is possible, would be great though and also to know how many spectators one had, also the system of the coins i don't know how they work exactly, as in if you bet on the person and they lose, you lose your coins i understand, if you bet on a winner you gain coins.

Really the winner of the match should get however much % of the coins that were waged on them, that would be nice also.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
:laugh:

Zelda/Sheik Vs. Pikachu :laugh:

I really didn't know what to expect, Before the match begins you get to put a wager on any character. I had 9999 coins so i thought why not put some in lol. I do realise i was a bit stingy but i bet 30 coins on ZELDA, lol, i just thought that she could have the upper hand, as i said before not knowing what calibur of play i was going to watch. THE MATCH STARTED!
Why didn't you just say u bet 30 coins on SHEIK because we all know thats why you put the 30 coins out

Amea

Smash Cadet
Why didn't you just say u bet 30 coins on SHEIK because we all know thats why you put the 30 coins out
No wi will be honest with you all,, i could of said that and was thinking it also, except that how i wrote the match out is exactly how it happend, the people where so **** that Zelda couldn't even transform into Shiek :laugh: Yes i was suprised, but the match really was crap gameplay fighting.

TheRooster

Smash Cadet
I saw few videos of spectator mode on youtube. Seems like a great idea.
If only nintendo kept stats on people like W-L-SD and then matched people up by simliar figures.

That would be some good betting/brawling

Amea

Smash Cadet
I saw few videos of spectator mode on youtube. Seems like a great idea.
If only nintendo kept stats on people like W-L-SD and then matched people up by simliar figures.

That would be some good betting/brawling
Yes i totally agree with your view point, Ninty really should of put some more into the whole betting, at least a mini-brawl-betting card or something that shows what you satted and how many of your predictions were correct so on and so forth, would of been great.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I was kinda wondering the same thing. Is it even possible to know you've been spectated? How fun to know if 500 people are watching you Brawl.
Is that truly how it works? You watch other people play that are brawling in that same match while you are watching at the same time??

I was under the impression you watched recorded matches. I love spectator now.

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Is that truly how it works? You watch other people play that are brawling in that same match while you are watching at the same time??

I was under the impression you watched recorded matches. I love spectator now.
I'm assuming it's real time as there is a small window of time you can vote (around 5 seconds). If it was recorded, there would be some kind of list of matches to pick from leisurely and not rushed to bet.

Amea

Smash Cadet
Yes the Brawls are real-time you get 30 seconds to bet on whoever you want, in this time frame, you can see the stage they selected, the charcters they are going to be and BAM! Brawl starts, i must say though i haven't yet seen stock on these spectator matches only time of 2 mins, i do hope and wish you can see stock though. I'll have to mess around with the spectator a lil' more before i can confirm if stock is watchable.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Woot gambling fun times ya spectator mode is a pretty good addition thouh for those day you dont really want to play but want to watch a match out of bordom.

Amea

Smash Cadet
Woot gambling fun times ya spectator mode is a pretty good addition thouh for those day you dont really want to play but want to watch a match out of bordom.
Lol :laugh: be prepared to be even more bored with some of the matches i have seen, the calibur in gameplay is no where near competetive.....again of what i have seen so far, but they certainly are funny Japanese n00bs playing an awfull lot :laugh:

Amea

Smash Cadet
It would be awesome if you watched a spectator mode demonstration on youtube and you were in one of the matches.
Jaja that would be way cool...hmm...thinking about it i don't think it's possible but then again i don't know if you can record spectator matches and save them to your system.

otter

Smash Ace
It has been my understanding for months that you CAN NOT spectate in real time, they just pick the matches and put them on a track later on, and everyone watches the same ones at the same time.

It would be awsome if they didn't ruin it, cause you could have witnesses for ranked matches and money matches.....oh well :)

ShadowCosmos

Smash Cadet
Stock Matches probably won't happen in With Anyone because you can drag them on forever if you just get random people playing. Just like in Jump Ultimate Stars. There'd just be people who'd kill off the competitive players and just run down the clock. They'd have to do Stock with a time limit for that to work. Seriously, wouldn't that suck getting stuck as a spectator at a stock match where all the people did was taunt each other?

Can't wait for With Friends brawling though ^_^

Amea

Smash Cadet
@shaolin otter, you may be right, but i'm sure they are real-time again there is no way of me telling, but just before i watch the match i see like a loading of charcters which fights i can connect to, again happening in real time, once i press the shuffle type button it startsto load another set of charcters e.g a match which i'm connecting to.

But again you may be right but i just don't know. All i know is that im wasting coins i have at the moment on crappy battles.

@Shadowcosmos i need someone to fight as a friend!!! i'm going nuts here watching and not being able to BRAWL online...anyone?

Top Bottom