• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why you don't use DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakkhonian

Smash Rookie
Just one more thing I'd like to say:

I don't look down upon people who gave up DR'ing or couldn't pull it off.

I just think people should look at this thread and see this is a hard training AT, and to master it they WILL have to train really hard. So don't get discouraged about it.

And also: there are a lot of people trying just like you (whoever it is), so thinking that everyone is trying to is a conforting thought. Maybe you can ask those who mastered it, and even to those trying to master it, for advice on training for the single fact that training toghether is better than training alone.

love ya!:yoshi::lol:

bigman40

Smash Master
Relax scatz. I don't think they are going to dump DR just because of this one thread.

And if people can't use DR it's because they don't have enough skill (like me),
or if people chose not to use it, well, that's their loss. ^_^

Personally I don't think everyone should give up on trying just because it's hard.
And this thread might just show them that it's not only them that can't use it yet, and probably encourage people to try and master it.

What I'm trying to say is: people who look at this thread might see how hard people worked and works to master DR, and as such, gonna accept the fact that training is necessary and it WILL lead to good results.

love ya!:chuckle:
The reason why I'm saying close this is because there's nothing that isn't new that was posted in the last DR thread. Idc if someone can or can't DR nor if they choose to DR or not. It isn't any of my business to care about that. Now if they were looking for some help about it, then it's a different story. I only have one more offer of help to show why it's hard for people who use XXA and YYA, but I'm not releasing it cause it's going to the guide when the renovations for it has been done.

Drak, thank you. Your post made me change my stance on it a bit.

I may not use DR, but in no means am I telling others to not learn it. It's a good tech, and I respect how much time Scatz and the others have put into using DR. But I'm not as tech as they so I have to make up for it with other ways.
That's fine, but it still doesn't do anything towards Yoshi's meta-game. This could give something better for Yoshi, yet, we won't know if we're not gonna give it a shot. Idc if a few people don't decide to use it, but when the majority don't use it cause of being scared to take a few risks it annoying and counter-productive.

Drakkhonian

Smash Rookie
Scatz, I understand what you're saying: this thread will lead nowhere to yoshi metagame.

And you're right, it positively won't add anything to it.

But it's still a good thread, as we're missing a little encouragement from ourselves nowadays.
And this thread might just give that little push people needed to start training.

And I also understand that it doesn't matter if people just give up on it, but seeing them do so for whatever reason is just.... sad. And sad things makes me want to at least give some words on encouragement.

Who knows, we might even get one person change minds completely and decide to train it.

This could be useless as well, but that's a risk that I ain't scared of taking. :)

love ya!

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I haven't given up. I have tried different setups too, but not only did I not achieve success, my overall gameplay fell. I still practice daily with the standard tap off setup but still no results. However, my gameplay has not been affected. I guess that is why I took the stance I did.

Chaco

Never Logs In
-______- Can someone lock this? This isn't going to get anywhere.
Yeah, just lock it.

I was using it as a way to determine if I needed to do something. And yeah it answered my question.

It serves no purpose anymore.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: SUPAH YOSHI MOD ACTION TRANSFORMATION GETTTTT BURNING GOOOOOOOOOOO~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom