• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why would you (or would you not) consider Link a top tier character in PM

Player -0

Smash Hero
Eh, I'm fine with him being where he is. Maybe make D-air and U-air end a bit faster, but I guess their slowness compensates for how strong of kill moves they are. I wouldn't mind D-air not making me bounce off of people's shields, and pogo-stick around so much. It's sooooooooooooooo unsafe on shields that I can't think about it without crying a little.

And, yeah, Link's got pleeeenty of recovery options. You've got the venerable Bomb Jump, the AGT+hookshot recovery (glide toss upwards, throw a bomb in whatever direction you see fit, air dodge towards the edge, clawshot), tether cancelling (not a method of recovery in itself, but enhances recovering through tether), and all that good stuff.
If you didn't know, if you hold down while hitting something with Dair then you keep going.

Player -0

Smash Hero
How have I gone so long without knowing this? Regrettably, I can't even get to my Wii to test this now, Oh,well...
Hmm... I was 95% sure it worked in brawl. I just double checked it in P:M and it didn't work. Maybe it's a bug or something?
When I just checked it Link may have bounced less, could be my imagination.

I could've sworn you could hold down in brawl and saw Axe not bounce while using YLink in melée after using Dair.

Top Bottom