• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHY would anyone wanna play Peach??

Cia

das kwl
SHE'S SOOOOO FREAKIN WEIRD. I MEAN, HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED?? SHE BEATS PEOPLE WITH PANS, TENNIS RACKETS GOLF CLUBS, VEGETABLES, A CROWN, A TOAD, AND ZOMG. A DRESS!!!! IT SEEMS LIKE THIS BiiTCH WILL HIT YOU WITH ANYTHING SHE CAN GET HER HANDS ON. AND THAT'S WHY I WANNA LEARN HER. SO PLZ DISCUSS, CRITIQUE, RATE, AND ENJOY THE VIDEOS.

VANZ (PEACH) VS HAX (C. FALCON)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKdqgWnD638

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcIWV2Sg2n8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OIk_8Wtnck

VANZ (PEACH) VS ALUKARD (MARTH)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrm1QiK121g

VANZ (PEACH) VS ALUKARD (MARTH)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rsVv6Aa0Po

VANZ (PEACH) VS ALUKARD (FALCO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJiFw3cqrAA

VANZ (PEACH) VS ALUKARD (FALCO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkmh8P8g3pE

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
First vid:
Not bad!
You do some neat things that I should probably start doing with peach, like the floatcancelled nairs.. man those are cool.. I love the Nairs by the way, you do them so well.. I have trouble doing them while keeping her moving.

Alright, first thing's first;
1) Try jump canceling out of her shield. You do this by hitting jump twice while letting go of shield... you can then immediately attack out of it. I like to do it by hitting up on the Cstick while she shields, then hitting/holding up on the joystick while letting go of shield, then I generally hit down on the Cstick. heh.

2) Dair as you come back to the stage? Against captain falcon!? Come on man.. wouldn't you rather be ready to airdodge?

3) Downsmash is a risky attack to use on a Sweetspotting Falcon. If he's good, he could edgetech, then UpB you.

4) Also, you roll alot. Try her wavedash sometime. Nevermind, Just saw you do it in video two. Good application of it, I like how you don't do it forward... god a I hate when i do that by accident.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Jesus christ you have an amazing Peach. The only thing I can really suggest is practice placing your turnips when aiming for the ledge. I noticed you tried to aim for hitting them off from holding the ledge and came short a few times.

Edit: Kick *** predictions against Falco's recovery with the down and forward smash.

Cia

das kwl
thankz everyone for the comments and advice. I decided to play Peach in the Zenith and I placed 4th in teams and 7th in singles :D so I'm gonna continue to use her and see what happens.

I'll post more vidz very soon

Cia

das kwl
brdy- sorry I missed that post, but castle hill is in NY

emmy- yeah, I'm at my dad's house, and he doesn't have a good connection so I'm doin all my online crap from my sidekick.. lolz. but I'll try to have them uploaded by the end of the week :D

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Take your time. I don't expect everyone to be crazy like me or Tich are and get videos up really quickly...

Cia

das kwl
omg, my effing laptop is being retarted. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but it just does not work. until I get it fixed, I cannot record or upload vidz, sorry T_T

in the mean time, please rate, and critique the vidz I have. any advice would be helpful

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:( :( :( :(

OK, I guess you'll have to watch my massive Youtube update, and OAK vids, if you get bored..

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Predicting Falco/Fox is kinda hard, but it's actually something that I can do. (Due to my friend's training regiment) It's harder with Falco because a good Falco uses the Illusion to recover more than the fire. Although if the fire is used, that's where peach can have some fun. The best counter is fair or nair, but I've also seen bair work as well. dair isn't really suggested, unless you're certain that the player isn't good enough to make it back up.(learned that the hard way). Get used to fox/falco's recovery movements and the actions by putting the AI on level 1 and throwing it off the edge, then edgeguarding. It helped me out with my timing a ton. Afterwards it's all about application in battle.

Bailey

Smash Hero
VaNz I didn't watch the vids but you are smart for learning Peach. Because most ICs get ***** by Peach and most of the time your opponent will stay here that is when you play Peach and have a Peach ditto and normally win lol so smart lol.

Cia

das kwl
yeah, it's funny because my usual three for tournament

1. Ice Climbers
2. Peach
3. Young Link

make it so that I never really have a bad match up. Fox and Marth can complicate things, but my top three usually comes through for me :D

**also, the current vidz are a little out dated. my style is a bit different, so I'll try and have some new vidz up pretty soon.

I really don't know why I used the d-smash so much in those c. falcon vidz. and it was the worst time too because that falcon was reading them.. lolz

Cia

das kwl
LMFAO!! thank you. I'm highly flattered. I only kept this sig for so long cuz a lot of people thought it was funny.. lolz. I will have some more videos as soon as I can upload. I been kinda busy lately. but I got smash tournaments today and tomorrow. wish me luck :D

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
vanz - u should make vids vs me :) peach dittos??? lolz jk btw ure peach is soooooo good :)

thats y i team with u lolz

who else but quagmire????? lolz watching family guy lol

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
*wishes I went to smashacre and is determined to redeem himself for the smashacre in early september(get at inadvertent advertising lol)*

well next smashacre me and vanz will team lolz :)

*realizes im totally off topic*

vanz does well vs falco cuz there are TONS of them around the area where we play lol and he owns lol

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
lol, we should just change this to the "Why VaNz is awesome" thread, xD. VaNz has a great Peach, when I get good, I'd like to ditto him...though I'd prolly get owned.

*back on topic*

I play Peach because she speaks to me...I don't know if I said that already, but it's true, xD. That...and she's just awesome.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
lol, I play peach with the Doc...but I'm picking up a different second character. It's looking like it might be IC....which is bad against Peach. Next option is the Jiggster. I like her too, ^_^.

*staying on topic*

The more I learn about Peach...the more I like her, xD

Cia

das kwl
lmfao!! it's ok to go a lil off topic. it's what makes threads fun.. lolz. and thankz for all the flattering comments. still trying to make my peach awesome.

oh, and yes, I was a lil nervous against eggm. drillshineUsmash really owns my life.. haha. but I'm working on that little problem. and I came through in the end :D.

truth be told, I really like fight foxes, marths, sheiks, and peach. marth is prolly my best match up. but my worst are young link, capt. falcon, and falco.

people say that it's an even match for peach v. falcon. but I say that it's pure crap. it's so unbelievably hard to over come when one grab guarantees him at least half of ur stock. what does everyone else think??

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
lmfao!! it's ok to go a lil off topic. it's what makes threads fun.. lolz. and thankz for all the flattering comments. still trying to make my peach awesome.

oh, and yes, I was a lil nervous against eggm. drillshineUsmash really owns my life.. haha. but I'm working on that little problem. and I came through in the end :D.

truth be told, I really like fight foxes, marths, sheiks, and peach. marth is prolly my best match up. but my worst are young link, capt. falcon, and falco.

people say that it's an even match for peach v. falcon. but I say that it's pure crap. it's so unbelievably hard to over come when one grab guarantees him at least half of ur stock. what does everyone else think??
well, peach can chaingrab falcon so thats pretty much the same. plus falcon its too easy to edge guard falcon. Its pretty even imo. they can both **** each other

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I agree. The only match up that's even is Marth Vs. Peach.

Now, Falcon Vs. Peach can go either way. All he needs is either a grab or a dair and you could get pwned. Also, they have more then one way of killing you. Peach's KO options are not garanteed. Her turnip game of pulling out Stiches are gambling

**** falcons are like rochese: they don't ****ing keep still.

RAWR its Luigi

Smash Journeyman
idk a good marth can pwn peach u cant float as much cause when u do u risk getting hit wit that **** sword:[]

just turnip spam marths and stay grounded it works well

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
you must be joking...
Trust me, I wish I was. If spoke this out while I was high, that would be one thing, but I'm sane, so I'm not.

They say the match up is even because both people have some flaws and weakness. Peach is floaty and doesn't have reliable KO. Her turnips can't really hit Marth Because his sword spaces it out.

Marth is a bit fast, but he needs proper spacing in order to kill Peach (his tips I mean). He got lag in some of his moves as well. Both Marth and Peach are technical characters IMO (C'mon, how much practice you need in order to Move properly with Marth and Peach.)

Really, it would all come down to Mindgames and a general, which that would usually make the difference. Yes, Marth ***** Peach, but it's usually because he's got better techs and space capability. If he didn't have that, then Peach would win.

again, it's a even match.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Trust me, I wish I was. If spoke this out while I was high, that would be one thing, but I'm sane, so I'm not.

They say the match up is even because both people have some flaws and weakness. Peach is floaty and doesn't have reliable KO. Her turnips can't really hit Marth Because his sword spaces it out.

Marth is a bit fast, but he needs proper spacing in order to kill Peach (his tips I mean). He got lag in some of his moves as well. Both Marth and Peach are technical characters IMO (C'mon, how much practice you need in order to Move properly with Marth and Peach.)

Really, it would all come down to Mindgames and a general, which that would usually make the difference. Yes, Marth ***** Peach, but it's usually because he's got better techs and space capability. If he didn't have that, then Peach would win.

again, it's a even match.
I hate to do this, but after you referred to peach as a technical character, I have to assume you don’t know what youre talking about. plus you contradicted yourself when you said "Yes, Marth ***** Peach, but it's usually because he's got better techs and space capability". i would put more effort into convincing you but i dont really need to. its pretty much common knowledge that this is an uphill match-up for peach. ask somebody

Cia

das kwl
umm.. Marth v. Peach is NOT an even match. In fact, remember u in the match with isai and bum saying that it was a "counterfest" because they went double marth.

however, I like fighting marths because I know how to get them. turnip spam works.. a little. but the trick is to use turnips to get marth in the air. he's sooooo un proctected once u get under him with a nair. that's another reason I like marth on YS.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
umm.. Marth v. Peach is NOT an even match. In fact, remember u in the match with isai and bum saying that it was a "counterfest" because they went double marth.

however, I like fighting marths because I know how to get them. turnip spam works.. a little. but the trick is to use turnips to get marth in the air. he's sooooo un proctected once u get under him with a nair. that's another reason I like marth on YS.
Bleh, I heard it's a even match. I don't really agree with it, as I hate Marth in general.

And yes, I remember that dreaded day. it was Isai, D1, and another guy. I won in a 4 way match and they decided to get their revenge by Isai and D1 playing Marth, and the other guy playing Shiek. I, who still played peach was like. 'oh ****.....' Yes, it was Peach's nightmare. I also remember a certain person wanting to play in my place on this counterfest XD

Top Bottom