• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHY...Why does WFt have SO much lag on the end of smashes?!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I've seriously hit people with my downsmash and they've recoveredd and KILLED me from it...that is BULL****. I think even Bowser and DDD have less lag on some of their smashes and are far far stronger and more priority than hers.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I dont think ANY of other character has it where you can get PUNISHED for SUCCESFUL SMASHES.

tofumon

Smash Rookie
What percentage are you hitting people at with your smashes that they're able to hit you back before you recover? Usually when I hit somebody with Wii Fit Trainer's smashes they fly pretty far. Her smashes hit pretty hard. Are you using them when your opponent is at like 0%?

I wouldn't mind if her down smash had more hit stun though, seeing as how short range it is.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
What percentage are you hitting people at with your smashes that they're able to hit you back before you recover? Usually when I hit somebody with Wii Fit Trainer's smashes they fly pretty far. Her smashes hit pretty hard. Are you using them when your opponent is at like 0%?

I wouldn't mind if her down smash had more hit stun though, seeing as how short range it is.
I think it was zero%, I was fighting ganondorf, but still thats pretty dumb.

xx99

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagingCactus
3DS FC
3480-2539-5913
I think it was zero%, I was fighting ganondorf, but still thats pretty dumb.
Ganondorf's a pretty heavy character. You really shouldn't really be using Smash attacks against opponents with such low percentages, especially with WFT.

Last edited:

RedBeanPorridge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RedBeanPorridge
3DS FC
3823-8771-4471
It's true WFT has an exponential amount of ending lag on all her smash attacks, which is why I personally never use them since they don't really hit that hard either.

xx99

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagingCactus
3DS FC
3480-2539-5913
It's true WFT has an exponential amount of ending lag on all her smash attacks, which is why I personally never use them since they don't really hit that hard either.
I'm pretty sure her Smash attacks actually hit quite hard. Especially (but not only) because they can be amped up with Deep Breathing.

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
I really only use U-smash and D-smash. I find D-smash to be a lot more reliable then F-smash. This also might be only me but I also find D-smash to be much faster than F-smash. I also use it cause of the way it knocks people back at such odd angles usually messing up recoveries and to punish someone rolling which is always nice. U-smash is obviously used as it does have it's purposes and the invincibility is a nice plus too.

The only reason I would POSSIBLY use F-smash is for stutter-step but even that isn't really enough to make me want to use it.

tofumon

Smash Rookie
Her f.smash is actually very powerful and can KO at pretty low percents if you don't hit with it (aka keeping it "fresh") until your opponent is at 100+ percent. It's useful for punishing opponents who are recklessly approaching you with a short hop/dash attack/grab.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Her smashes shouldn't be used casually and should definitely be saved as finishing moves. For example, grab releases on the edge into dsmash is pretty effective and fsmashs are great against the taller characters when you bury them with the jab combo. I would almost argue that her smashes leave her as open as Ike's so, again, they should be saved and damage should be wracked up more with her other attacks.

Kith

Smash Ace
Her smashes shouldn't be used casually and should definitely be saved as finishing moves. For example, grab releases on the edge into dsmash is pretty effective and fsmashs are great against the taller characters when you bury them with the jab combo. I would almost argue that her smashes leave her as open as Ike's so, again, they should be saved and damage should be wracked up more with her other attacks.
I hesitate to say that they should be saved as finishing moves. I would say that they should be saved for hard reads. If your opponent realizes that every time they get to 100+%, you start throwing out smashes, you're going to get punished hard.

I usually punish rolls (only if I predict it) with D-Smash. I'll use Up-Smash to combo from Nairs, and I usually only use F-smash when I screw up a pivot f-tilt. Sometimes it hits, and I pretend that I meant to do it all along.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Attacks having low to negative on hit advantage is something that exists since Melee.
The First Melee theorem states that "if it is in Melee then it is good".
So this feature is good and if you don't like it you are bad.

QED

Top Bottom