• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why wa smario weakened?

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
i know he got some buffs do to brawl's physics and his amazing edgegaurding abilty (amongst a few other small things) but i wonder why he was weakened. any quick comparison between melee and brawl mario can show that. i wonder why... comparison between melee and brawl mario (:laugh:oops i comparison, melee, and brawl in the same sentence...:laugh:)

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
I played Mario pretty aggressively in the past games. I think that between the general floatiness, buffing of dodging/shielding, and Mario's overall KO power reduction makes him different to play.

Mr. Average-All-Round feels like a light weight in Brawl, to me.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Mario isn't weaker in Brawl. Mario really doesn't have any trouble scoring KOs, if that's what you're trying to get at. Mario's Smashes I think are all significantly stronger. The F-smash especially, the nonsweetspot is stronger. U-smash kills at 120% reliably give or take some damage depending on weight class. Just keep a smash attack undiminished and you won't have trouble KOing.

The B-throw also isn't weaker in Brawl, but simply a lot less likely to kill thanks to diminishing returns.

Top Bottom