• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why use down B directly after jumping?

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
1) When timed right, you actually have a chance to hit the person (in the very small hitbox.)

2) Some people enjoy the lag when you hit the ground.

Sliq

Smash Master
I don't, because the pay off isn't worth the risk if it misses.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
I use it right after i recover from the edge against edge guards; Also punishes ur opp for coming up after u.

Sliq

Smash Master
I use it right after i recover from the edge against edge guards; Also punishes ur opp for coming up after u.
We're talking about the insta grounded down b, not just doing it from the air.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
The grounded version is the speediest of his moveset, I use it as an attack, or just to get to the other side of stage.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
It's quick for Ganondorf but it also happens to be extremely vulnerable at all times, even in the beginning. It also has extremely limited range. You get killed if it misses and seeing as how it has a lot of lag and it can be DIed out of pretty easily, its difficult to follow up except for a little extra damage with f-tilt. The speed does mean it has limited use though. Roll punish is alright, or it can be used for an OoS "get the **** off me". Problem with that though is that it only hits OG and its vulnerable start up. But its quick, yay!

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
The grounded version is the speediest of his moveset, I use it as an attack, or just to get to the other side of stage.
Fail. The topic at hand is about the canceled version of the aerial version performed on the ground. If you jump and immediately down b, then you basically just punch the ground, doing minor damage with limited range. The only upside is it is very fast

Top Bottom