• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why us black people can use the "n" word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Why do us black people use the word ***** towards eachother?

NOTE: I don't use the "n" word generally, however if you with or against my theory, post here.

My "n" word theory:

We have rised from nigggers to negroes. We deserve the right to call eachother nigggers or ****** because we went through the job of a nigggers (******). The times of nigggers (******) were hard. White Men tortured us, threatened us, ***** us, restricted us, and hated us.
Other races cannot call anyone a respectfully and niggger or a ***** because that's sort of like demoting us. We can demote ourselves as a human being anytime we want if we promoted ourselves from that position. Having people demote other people is hurtful. Some other reasons we call eachother ****** is just to play around/slang.

***** - Brotha, Sista,

Of course since it is slang, doesn't that mean others can say it too? No. However, some races use the term ***** as a slang if they are companied by black people. If you earn black people's respect, the word is free for you to use.

Aren't other races using the word racist?

- It depends. If other races force the word, they are forcing it to fit in with black people or insult them. Commonly black people use it because it's in their language. It just slips out:

EX: Ma ***** (Ma brotha, Ma Sista)

The word came from slavery. Of course slavery is history, but the word still remains with the same definition used to offend black people.
People misinterpret the word '*****' from the word 'niggger' Back in slavery times it didn't really matter which word was used. It meant the same thing: The word 'niggger' was used first during slavery, then the shorter version '*****' became used in the south. In our time, black people use the word '*****' towards eachother. It can be used in anyway. I'll categorize this into groups so it won't get anymore confusing:

Positive phrases

- What's up, *****? (the phrase "what's up" simply covers the hateful word '*****' and turns it into a greeting rather than hate.)

- One of my ****** was robbed yesterday. (this time the word '*****' is used like the word 'friend.' The word 'my' covers up the word '******' and turns into the word 'friend.')

Negative phrases

- I hate you, *****. (since the word 'hate' is linked to the word '*****,' this whole statement is negative. The slang word '*****' is turned into the slavery word 'niggger,' because since the statement says hate + *****, the word 'hate' is taken as the sentence: I hate (specific thing(s)) In this case, most likely the statement will offend the black man because the whole thing sounds racist. Even if the word '*****' was replaced by the word 'niggger,' it wouldn't really matter because as long as the word 'hate' is in there it doesn't really matter.)

Neither

- I don't like the word 'niggger' (this person is telling his or her opinion of the word. The word isn't used positively or negatively. The person is talking about the word itself.

Why I made this topic!

I made this topic to explain why black people are allowed to use the "n" word. I don't use it, I don't like it. I'm just telling you guys why black people use it and are allowed to use it without getting in trouble.

Silent_Jester

Smash Journeyman
Amongest the darkest shadows everywhere and anywhe
Still they were willing to give up the only life they know just for a few rights and NOT to be called a "*****" Really what is the point of stopping racial discrimination if the people who are trying to stop it still use the terms of it. Maybe I don't understand because I am white and a "cracker" as the slang refers me to.

D

Deleted member

That's a good clarification, haha.

It really sucks for me, as my demographic can't make fun of anything without looking like a ridiculous racist.

I'm a white, straight, semi-Catholic male.

What I find ridiculous though..if I wanted to have a bumper sticker that said White Pride, people would think I'm some kind of Klan member. Why is that?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
DeLoRtEd, ironically, depending where you live, even though you are Catholic the KKK would still allow you in even though they are supposed to hate you.

As for the "n" word: **** it. We give it way too much power by making it forbidden. Personally, I find racial slurs hilarious. Seriously, call someone a "cracker" it will keep me laughing for days. I even use slurs on my white friends because it's funny to me. Instead of saying "BAD WORD" we should make it another term for other races. Of course, I do get pissed off when any of my white friends decide to say "blah blah blah ****** blah blah" because they usually aren't using it in a joking context.

In short, context is what gives words so much power. Until then I'll work on taking Cracker back.

D

Deleted member

Umm..why is that a bad thing? Racial jokes are indeed hilarious, this is proven by a lot of comedians that are more and more these days using race and culture as their subject matter.

Edit: Their growing popularity is what makes this evident.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
So what if whenever you said "*****", a white guy was offended. I mean, it was the whites who originally brought the word "ni**er" into use. White people of this and previous generations have made great efforts to bolster black equality. Could you see how someone would be offended? As if someone were reminding them of the evils in their peoples' past.

*i'll finish this later*

Zjiin

Smash Master
This double standard junk is just ridiculous. Saying African-American people can use it for each other but other races should consider it taboo, is a racist mindset in itself. The black community is always complaining about discrimination and equality but when it comes to what you can and can't say there's an obvious line based on race still standing. How can a group of people find the term so demeaning, yet use it casually with each other? If it was that offensive, they would try to abolish the very idea of using it.

What's that you say? You earned the right to use the word for all the oppression your people endured in the past? So when is it going to end? When is the black community going to sit down at a conference and say "Man, i think we milked this long enough. I guess we can't use it anymore since the white man has learned his lesson. Those (X amount of years) equaled out to the pain we had to suffer."

You can't use the 'we can use it for all the crap we went through' because the age of slavery as a commonplace in America has long since past. If you're not going to set a certain period of time for your "compensation" then you should just stop now. Think 2 thousand years into the future. Can you imagine that "******" will just drop out of African-American dialect? I doubt it. Will those people even know what kind of pain and suffering slavery was? Not likely.

Do you see Jewish people calling each other Beanies, Bagel-Dogs, Big Nose, Cashews, Christ Killer, Firewood, Gews, Half-D!ck, Hooknose, Jew-bag, Kikes, Nickel Nose, and so on and so on? Why not? That's what the Germans called them. Are you saying slavery was worst than the Holocaust? If a Jewish person never heard any of these racial slurs again, they would probably be much happier. That's because they are sincerely offensive phrases and words. They don't want it around, and they don't joke about it for that very purpose.

So don't pull your double-standard junk out and advertise how you can use it and others can't. Want to be treated equal? Start acting like it.

[disclaimer] I am not racist, and i have no harsh or negative feelings toward any races. I have never used the 'N' word, nor do i plan to do so.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Do you see Jewish people calling each other Beanies, Bagel-Dogs, Big Nose, Cashews, Christ Killer, Firewood, Gews, Half-D!ck, Hooknose, Jew-bag, Kikes, Nickel Nose, and so on and so on? Why not? That's what the Germans called them. Are you saying slavery was worst than the Holocaust? If a Jewish person never heard any of these racial slurs again, they would probably be much happier. That's because they are sincerely offensive phrases and words. They don't want it around, and they don't joke about it for that very purpose.
I]
Those are all insults that just make fun of looks. EX: Nappy Head

The 'n' word is different because it doesn't mean anything about themselves. I know all of those Jewish words are stereotype, but the 'n' word is like... meaningless. In the slavery days, all it really meant was stupid african in my opinion. It's hard to explain.

Zjiin

Smash Master

The 'n' word is different because it doesn't mean anything about themselves. I know all of those Jewish words are stereotype, but the 'n' word is like... meaningless. In the slavery days, all it really meant was stupid african in my opinion. It's hard to explain.
Even a better example for my point. This is a word that is built on the hate for the race. It wasn't just a certain attribute that they are making fun of, it's just insulting. If anything I could better understand why they still use the phrase if it originally meant more than it does now. Keeping a word that was created by the people they are being consistently 'oppressed by' isn't making any kind of point. Not to insult African-Americans, but have some dammn respect for yourself!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

Uh, no. In slavery days "******" just meant a lowly person, usually lazy. Which in and of itself is ironic sense slaves, who were black, worked all day, while white owners stayed indoors. Hmm... who's lazy, there?

In fact, all the black stereotypes are so ridiculous. Think about it? All black people are great athletes. Congrats, white people, you stereotyped your way out of sports. Plus, this pretty much kills the stereotype of all black people being lazy. All black people like Kool-Aid. God **** you white man. You gave away athletics AND Kool-Aid. Nice job. All Black people love watermelon. MOTHER ****ER! I can do without sports and I can do without Kool-Aid, but you gave away watermelon. MOTHER **** YOU!

In short, Black people eat watermelon, fried chicken, drink Kool-Aid, and have good stamina. BUT so does EVERYONE else in the world. I have another rant in a few about my favorite racist expression of "go back to Africa". But I have posted enough.

NoSurprises

Smash Cadet
The idea that we can take away the power of a word by saying it more is nonsense. Just look at curse words, "****" is said constantly, in movies, books, American Politics, and just everyday life. But it is still a "dirty" word.

****** is not just a term for a black person. Calling a black person a ****** is the same as calling him "Hey, you, dumb blackie who adds nothing to society". It's insulting for a very obvious reason.

Though I can agree that sometimes it goes too far. I can't fathom why people are trying to ban books like Huck Fin because the characters use the word "******", especially when the book attacks racism. It's such a black and white approach to it that I can't stand.

To a lesser degree, I once got in trouble for using the word "Niggardly" to describe a politician in a speech for class. Now that doesn't even make sense, are words being banned because they sound alike now? (if you're not aware, Niggardly and ****** have no connection at all, not even from a root word)

I don't agree with black's using the term, at all. you're not taking the word back is a white person isn't allowed to say it.

Edit: every *** is the n-word, in case you're wondering

D

Deleted member

Dude, CK, man, how could you forget.

Black people also have incredibly large penii. This will undoubtedly lead to their untimely demise.

And um. Didn't ****** derive from where they came from? Niger? Is there any relation there? I don't know.

Zjiin, I know tons and tons of Jews that make fun of themselves and contribute to their stereotypes. My friend always complains about his Jew nose being too big.

Even worse, one day he called me tall freak. I was like, dude, if you're going to keep calling me that, I'm going to call you Holocaust Whiner.

So, we did. Sometimes I switch it up, and call him a denier. But there's plenty of people who joke on their stereotype. What about whites?

When I eat peanut butter toast with a glass of milk I say, "god**** I'm such a cracker."

White people moreover need to stop getting the race card played on them. Slavery is over. Our generation had no part in any type of extreme racism. I don't get it yo. ***** pls, ***** pls.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Uh, no. In slavery days "******" just meant a lowly person, usually lazy. Which in and of itself is ironic sense slaves, who were black, worked all day, while white owners stayed indoors.
The word was directed towards blacks only.

lowly person, lazy = stupid (basically) :ohwell:

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
No, of course not CK. The thread starter, how could I ever hate you :)
I swear to you, all ****ing day, I was worried I offended you. Nicely played, Mr. Peanut.

Rant:
My favorite racial phrase HAS to be "go back to Africa." Let's pretend the racist is correct for a change and that all black people have personally come from Africa. Would that be SUCH a bad thing to send everyone who is black to their homeland? Think about it, it's the first, and probably only shot at the promised "40 acres and a mule" from that tyranical, bigot Lincoln. And think on a smaller level. White people probably know this better, but if you are in a car and they see a black person walking up, the doors lock. When I was young, I would always think I did something wrong. If they, to this day, still view you as something dangerous, would sending you to a place where at least you are able to live without being feared that much worse?

Of course, the racists aren't allowed to pick and choose. If the blacks are sent back, then so are all their inventions. At the same time, while in the xenophobic society you have to send back Middle Easterners and Asians because they will harm us just as badly by bombing everything, driving slowly, and being the strongest competitors in the engineering, mathematics, chemistry, and a myriad of other science and math based careers. The xenophobic racist has no chance. Send them and their crazy inventions back... bye bye Sony... bye bye Nintendo... Bye bye cheaper and far more efficient automobiles.

So there, we have a perfectly white society again... but then again, most of us are from European decent anyway and really, if you are sending everyone else home, might as well send those Europeans back, so all we are left with, in a xenophobic society, is Native Americans, who also migrated here, but we'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I really forgot how this relates to the topic, but I wanted to portrait how ludicrious racism is. And user who said that using "bad" words won't remove their harm - it's because you always grew up being told they were forbidden. Go tell a child of 3 years old he's a ****ing *******. He won't understand any of that as wrong. By using words more we take away the distinction.

Also, "******" ALWAYS referred to a lower class of people, just it took predominance during the emanicipation period because they were supposed to be reminded of their lesser class.

In short: Racism is ridiculous. Cracker is the funniest slur ever. White people will NEVER be allowed to casually refer to a black person as their "*****" and nor should we be allowed to. Our ancestors ****ed us over; we lose a word. Nice job, *****es.

Edit:

White people moreover need to stop getting the race card played on them. Slavery is over. Our generation had no part in any type of extreme racism. I don't get it yo. ***** pls, ***** pls.
Jena ****ing 6.

D

Deleted member

The most recent case of blacks abusing their race card that I can recall was when some idiotic black power group said Resident Evil 5 should be banned due to the fact that you're shooting black zombies

Sooo dumb

Never heard of jena 6 though, I wiki'd it. Explain?

Lesheik

Smash Lord
The most recent case of blacks abusing their race card that I can recall was when some idiotic black power group said Resident Evil 5 should be banned due to the fact that you're shooting black zombies

Sooo dumb

I read about that. Their rants are ridiculous, lol. Some of us black people think we have special privileges or something because we suffered in the past.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

Sooo dumb

Jena, Louisiana around Christmas last year. A black student asks to sit under a "white's" tree. The principal says he can. Three nooses are hung in the tree the following day. The students who did it were to be expelled, but the DA over turned it. The next few weeks saw various race riots and brawls. A white boy pulled a gun on the kids who would become the Jena 6, the kids wrestled the gun from his hands and were charged with theft. Following all this another brawl broke out where the Jena 6 beat up a white kid with shoes as the only weapon. They were charged with attempted murder and and one was charged as an adult - Mychael Bell. He was held in jail until last month despite being 17. The DA even made a point to say "I can end your lives with the stroke of a pen." The whole issue caused a 40,000 man march on Jena led by Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

D

Deleted member

I see. I was confused when you quoted me if you were agreeing with me or not. I still am, to be honest.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Dude, CK, man, how could you forget.

Black people also have incredibly large penii. This will undoubtedly lead to their untimely demise.

And um. Didn't ****** derive from where they came from? Niger? Is there any relation there? I don't know.

Zjiin, I know tons and tons of Jews that make fun of themselves and contribute to their stereotypes. My friend always complains about his Jew nose being too big.

Even worse, one day he called me tall freak. I was like, dude, if you're going to keep calling me that, I'm going to call you Holocaust Whiner.

So, we did. Sometimes I switch it up, and call him a denier. But there's plenty of people who joke on their stereotype. What about whites?

When I eat peanut butter toast with a glass of milk I say, "god**** I'm such a cracker."

I never doubted that there were Jewish people out there who actually used racial slurs in humor with each other, i'm saying that the Jewish community as a whole does not approve of it. Yeah, if i were Jewish, i would be just the same as you and your friend, but try going to a synagogue and saying that outloud infront of everyone and see how many laughes you get. Or even apporaching Jewish people you don't know and saying, "what's up, my ****!" and see if he goes for that high five you're holding up.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I see. I was confused when you quoted me if you were agreeing with me or not. I still am, to be honest.
I disagree with you. It was the worst act of racial injustice in decades and the media completely ignored it until it was forced into the public eye. The final verdict, Bell going free, was never even announced on major news programs here, which is odd since it's local news.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I kind of hate the thread creator, this isn't proper debate topic in my opinion. However i like the racism debate going on now, keep it up guys.

Um i'm currently trying to remember the most important case of equal rights and i can't remember it....

PLESSY VS FERGUSSUN

Spelling may be off.. Anyones opinions on this could be appreciated, i learned about it last year and i believe it was probably one of the great american injustices.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Yeah, that was an important case due to the fact that it began what would eventually became the separate but equal idealism.

If anyone wants to read further on the case it's here------>Plessy v. Ferguson

D

Deleted member

I disagree with you. It was the worst act of racial injustice in decades and the media completely ignored it until it was forced into the public eye. The final verdict, Bell going free, was never even announced on major news programs here, which is odd since it's local news.
Well, this is the first I've heard of it. To be honest, I live in a country where whites are fastly becoming the minority, which may or may not be a bad thing depending on how you look at it. I don't care at all, I'm used to it frankly. You go on public transit in Toronto and you'll see what I mean.

There is very little extreme racism here. Very little. I can't recall any incident in the last bajillion years.

I guess Southern USofAmerica still has some intensely bigoted / racist views.

I think my point of this post is to say that I don't live in America and probably shouldn't make posts about a country that I don't live in.

My initial point still stands, if you look at comedians like Russell Peters or Dave Chappelle or Carlos Mencia, all they do is make racist and jokes on stereotypes and they're huge. It's just becoming more acceptable, that's what I was saying.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You said in you're original post.. that the purpose of this thread was to try and explain using YOUR logic why black people use the N word.. how can we debate that... You're wrong? /thread

You admitted that it was theory of why they used it.. and its just become an idea on racism in the country which I like. So don't worry about it.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Take into consideration that the word 'n!gger' originally implied no racial detail - it only implied ignorance. The use of the word is demoralization and offensive to not only blacks, but any group that it is used toward. I believe that claiming immunity from offensiveness due to ignorance on the subject is ignorance enough to be awarded being called by the word. Thus, if you call eachother 'n!gger' openly and are offended when one of another race uses it towards you, you are, in fact, a 'n!gger.' And don't give me the lame excuse that 'n!gger' and 'n!gga' are two different words: they are in fact implying the same thing, just one with a non-western accent.

EDIT: When it comes down to it, anyone can use the word. If you take offense from one group of people using it when you don't from another, it's only implying that you, yourself, are the racist, not the one using the word.

Just this morning I overheard a father calling his son 'n!gga.' I took great offense to this because of the reasons above. Young children don't deserve to be automatically demoralized and shoved into a social group just because of learning a certain type of speech at a young age.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
I'm just telling you guys why black people use it and are allowed to use it without getting in trouble.
I agree, but not entirely. Black people use the word because they can, but not because its a history type deal in which I'm using a word to keep are culture alive or anything. Rather black people say ***** because theres absolutely no fear of repercussion (generally). In are society today it doesn't matter what you look like, or were you came from, YOU (anybody) can be a *****. The word is used to describe any living thing (but generally of the male sex). The reason its so commonly used is because it doesn't detail anything, its quick to say, it sounds good (if you say it right), and because of all the hype over the years around this word, you cant help but want to say it (especially if every one around you says it [ex. "eh" or "mate")]. Black people also get a since of enjoyment from saying it cause it makes us feel like were part of a club... that your not in. BUT! White people say ***** alot too, more than you might think. The only difference is when they say it there might be repercussion's (getting your *** beat down). I strongly believe more white people would say the word more if they didn't have to worry about others getting offended (but that just might be my opinion).

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
The n word is a pretty popular word in the black community. I find it obsurd, yet reasonable, as to why I (white) cannot use that word.

I find it obsurd, since I'm not racist in anyway towards black people. Why is it that if it happens to slip out of my mouth in front of another person, something bad will happen to me (Or so the stereotype goes). I never have the intention to say it, but if I hear other people say it, it may just slip out.

On the other hand, I find it reasonable. If the black community finds the word offensive, then why would I want to offend them. I have nothing against them, therefore there's no need to offend them.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Why is it that if it happens to slip out of my mouth in front of another person, something bad will happen to me (Or so the stereotype goes).
Well for the record I'm 1/2 black, 1/2 white, but I look 100% white, but sound 99% black (or so I'm told) and I was in jail for 60 days. I was the only white person in a section full of about 22 black grown men. The point is I said ***** like a million times and nothing happened. Point is the word is becoming more lenient each day...

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
"Why us black people can use the "n" word."

Because you are racist. Its that simple, actually. You are racist and you discriminate against anyone who doesn't have the same color skin as you. All this fluff about the white man keeping you down and only people of the downtrodden have the right to demote themselves is poppycock. Not all white people were rich enough to own slaves. Most white people were poor and defacto slaves. The Irish were treated like rubbish when they were here, but they are the white man. The Chinese were slaves, but they aren't black. This has everything to do with color of skin. Therefore it is nothing but racism.

If the word is taboo it must be taboo for everyone, otherwise no one.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Explain. Not too sure of what you mean? Btw, people say I look like hairy potter.
I meant just that it's dangerous to go into prison and say something that might offend your fellow inmates when they are significantly larger than you. It doesn't even matter who you are. If Bruce Lee were my inmate, I would lay off the Chinese jokes for a while, you know?

Not a matter of political correctness, it's a matter of personal safety. :)

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
I meant just that it's dangerous to go into prison and say something that might offend your fellow inmates when they are significantly larger than you. It doesn't even matter who you are. If Bruce Lee were my inmate, I would lay off the Chinese jokes for a while, you know?

Not a matter of political correctness, it's a matter of personal safety. :)
LOL... yeh true, but its like no one said anything the first time, so why stop? But I see were your coming from.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
My first post in the debate hall...
So don't pull your double-standard junk out and advertise how you can use it and others can't. Want to be treated equal? Start acting like it.
This is the kind of statement that shows why it's ridiculous that white people complain about black people getting to use the n-word. Black people do not need to use "proper language" to deserve equality. Maybe when there's material equality, you'll get some linguistic equality. But one of those is far more important than the other.

Why do white people even care so much about getting to use the word? What do you need to use it for? You don't get to use it because of history. If you don't like the fact that the history of the word is such that it was used by white people to demean black people, that's tough luck. The history of the word is not of black people demeaning each other with it, it's of white people using it to demean black people. And it was white people who had the power backing up their insults. When you use it, you are invoking that history, and you can't erase that history.

You (white person) have the legal right to say it, but when you do so, you can't complain that all the historical and social significance comes along with it. When a black person uses it, the context is different, and so the significance is different. Period. So they can use it in more contexts without it being offensive (it can, of course, be offensive when a black person uses it, if they use it a particular way).

And it can be inoffensive when a white person uses it, if it's the right context, or if they are seen as being in-group. But it can't just be used casually.

I feel that I have a better understanding than many white people of (some of) the reasoning behind it when black people say that only they can use the word (at least casually), because I have similar feelings towards the word "***got". I find that word highly offensive when used by a straight person. Unless I am friends with that person and they are using it the right way. In other words, if they have earned the right to use it through gaining my friendship/trust/etc.

This isn't to say that I never find it offensive when a gay person uses the word. In fact, I'm not entirely comfortable with gay people using it. But it is significantly less offensive. Gay people have a lower threshold to cross for me to find it inoffensive, because they already have more trust with me on gay issues. I have less reason to fear homophobic actions from them. Some of the same notes apply to "queer" altho that can be used in many more contexts by straight people because of its uses in academia (queer theory, etc.) and activism. We can distinguish between a disparaging usage and a positive usage there.

And if someone straight wants to complain about this, **** em. Gay people are still the victims of hate crimes in the US (and in some countries we are imprisoned, lynched or executed), we can be fired for being gay, we can't marry, we're still discriminated against and people still have to live double lives in the closet. And you're complaining that you can't call me a ***got? You don't get to call me that and have me be ok with it. And I'll use it if I **** please. I would gladly never use it again if all those problems went away. You finally experience a trivial situation where you don't have more privilege as a straight person, and it's some big injustice? No, I don't think so.

And I totally understand if a black person feels similarly about the n-word. White people complaining about that are just distracting themselves from the real issues.
Also, "******" ALWAYS referred to a lower class of people, just it took predominance during the emanicipation period because they were supposed to be reminded of their lesser class.
I don't understand how people keep repeating these sorts of things in the thread, when etymological information is easily available online. It comes from Spanish "negro", which means black, with influence from French "nègre". In English it changed to the pronunciation we know now. They're similar sounding words for a reason. It has, therefore, always referred to black people specifically. It was never a general term for a lower class person.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=******
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/******#Etymology_and_history

ETA: the ****** in those URLs is the n-word
Or even apporaching Jewish people you don't know and saying, "what's up, my ****!" and see if he goes for that high five you're holding up.
That's different as Jewish ethnicity is not visible. If you do that, they don't know whether you are Jewish. If they already knew you were Jewish, it could possibly be different. I wouldn't know tho, since I'm not Jewish and don't know what most Jewish people's opinions are on such things.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
As a Vietnamese-American, I can easily slip between both cultures without any sort of discrimination. *rejoice*

I do find the word to be overused and wish that there wasn't the exclusive social contract on the word. It's ridiculous to think that a bunch of people can't use a word, but whatever. It's too deeply ingrained in a large part of the black community's mindset. Face it, America. They'll probably never forgive you.

As for racism in general, it blows. End of story. I was a mentor for Peace Jam, a thing where colleges host Nobel Prize Laureates, and basically went through black youth opinions on racism. It's changing, but slowly. But there's hope, I guess.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, I ****ing snapped.

This girl who I have known for about 5 years is the epitome of ***** and white trash. She lives in this severely inbred part of south Louisiana called Choctaw. She is an admitted racist.

We went see Sweeney Todd (awesome movie) and this white girl was with two black guys, who she dubbed "the ***** and the ******s." First I told her to shut up then ignored her. Later, in the parking lot they walked out and she said "hey, look it's the ***** and the two ******s." And I lost it. I said "Would you shut-up! I'd rather be a ****** than a white trash, ***** from Choctaw." She continued and I said "you are just blatantly racist" and she said "and proud of it." I reply "You aren't better than black people, we descended from them." She replies "I didn't. We hang them" And I told her to **** off while my friend said "Yea, we did descend from black people."

****ING RACIST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom